ADVERTISEMENT

Silver Spade and Brass Spitoon are in El Paso

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001
UTEP will not be a great this year but the cosmological stars kept the prizes at home where they should. Hats off to IW for a ballsy game. Time for some rock and some Coors Light. A win is a win.

But tonight we pulled it out. Beers are cold and UTEP won. Tomorrow at church I dont know if I will be as optimistic

It's odd, but UTEP somehow has a better record today than Arkansas(yes, I know that the two schools/schedules are completely different have nothing to do with eachother). But nobody would have guessed that after week one.

Yes, Kugler has some glaring issues and Higgins needs to go. But UTEP lost it's best DB, it's best player, it's Starting QB, RB, and FB all due to injury, yet we are still 2-2 today even with these injuries and even with opening the season with 3 road games(which nobody else in the nation did). Yes, we have some glaring problems, but we must be doing something right to be 2-2 at this point even with all of our issues and injuries, plus we found a QB for the next 4 years. A few years ago, we needed a late rally and OT to beat a FCS team(Stony Brook), so I won't completely throw Kugler under the bus for just beating IW by 10.

Next week is the game of the season, win and there is still hope. Lose and there probably won't be many more victories this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT