ADVERTISEMENT

So, are we 5th-seed?

They’ll definitely avoid La Tech because they’ll never reach the semis. One and done. Mass exodus to follow. 🤡
Glad Sam won the conference.

As much as BJ Trumpistas is full of it, he may be right.🙄

They’ll definitely avoid La Tech because they’ll never reach the semis. One and done. Mass exodus to follow. 🤡
I've said, and I stand by it, that the Miners are capable of beating any team in the conference on a neutral court on a given night. I don't think they have the consistency to do it three games in a row. But I'll go out on a limb and predict that they make the semis.

Well, Sam beat Tech last night, so it's likely going to be Sam 1 and Tech 2 in the tournament.
You're right, and I'm not sure which of those I'd rather play. I guess it doesn't matter.

I think we'll wind up tied for 4th with middle. Don't know how the tie breaker would work.
You might be right, and there's essentially no difference between the 4th and 5th seed (they'll play the same games regardless). It's better than the last-place finish we were staring at a couple of weeks ago.

Reactions: groundrounds
I think it’s gonna end on a 4 way tie for 4th with MTSU, Liberty and NMSU. I have no idea how the tiebreaker would work in that situation.

Why is the tournament in Huntsville?? Whatever happened to the Cowboys facility?

This website is great for setting up the bracket and seeds. Just plug in who you think will win and it shows you the bracket and seeds. If Western Kentucky wins, UTEP could be a 4th seed.

UNT is no longer in the conference.

I like the outside the box thinking having the Basketball tournament in a prison. Next year they should do in Folsom prison and the year after at Alcttaz. He at least we know it will be packed crowd. The prisoners could be ball boys and refs. Brilliant idea. I wish I thought of this first. 😁😁

Reactions: Rocketsr
I like the outside the box thinking having the Basketball tournament in a prison. Next year they should do in Folsom prison and the year after at Alcttaz. He at least we know it will be packed crowd. The prisoners could be ball boys and refs. Brilliant idea. I wish I thought of this first. 😁😁
Huntsville, AL is not a prison town. Actually it is a really nice town, with NASA's Space and Rocket Center and the Army's Redstone Arsenal located there. Ah, hell, why am I even bothering to respond to this?

Huntsville, AL is not a prison town. Actually it is a really nice town, with NASA's Space and Rocket Center and the Army's Redstone Arsenal located there. Ah, hell, why am I even bothering to respond to this?

I googled and there is like 4 jails around that area. I would say it's a prison town.

I think the superintendent of EP Catholic schools worked there and he said the same thing to my Catholic order a couple years ago. It’s also called “The Rocket City”

Reactions: MinerManiac
I think that's just a coincidence. Usually, those decisions are based on money bids. For example, UNLV isn't in the Pac 12, but Vegas hosts their conference championship.
Vegas hosts the WAC, WCC, Pac 12 and Mountain West Tournaments. WAC and WCC are on different weeks, so they are both at the Orleans Arena, Pac 12 in T Mobile, and MWC at Thomas and Mack.

There are still multiple arenas available for the CUSA tournament. But geographically it may not make sense.

Vegas hosts the WAC, WCC, Pac 12 and Mountain West Tournaments. WAC and WCC are on different weeks, so they are both at the Orleans Arena, Pac 12 in T Mobile, and MWC at Thomas and Mack.

There are still multiple arenas available for the CUSA tournament. But geographically it may not make sense.
Of course. But my point in response to another post was that there doesn't have to be a home school to host a conference championship, and that relocating from Frisco had nothing to do with UNT leaving CUSA.

Reactions: FedupMiner
Of course. But my point in response to another post was that there doesn't have to be a home school to host a conference championship, and that relocating from Frisco had nothing to do with UNT leaving CUSA.
Yes, I got that. I was just expanding upon your answer so Fili would understand a little better!

Reactions: fwahbevo
Huntsville, AL is only a hour and half south of those of us that live in Nashville and only an hour south of Murfreesboro (MTSU). It’s also close to WKY and Jax St. I can see why they bid on the tournament and it’s not a bad place to spend a few days.

GO MINERS!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT