ADVERTISEMENT

Sun Bowl has best natural scenery

Having been to a few college football stadiums over the years, I'd probably rank them in this order. However, I admit I haven't been to every stadium in the country, but the ones that I've been to, and how I rank them, are in this order (there's no indoor stadiums on the list).

1. Rose Bowl - Majestic. Hands down no comparison.
2. Ohio State - The outside of the Horseshoe is impressive.
3. Michigan - It's massive inside
4. Bryant-Denny (Alabama)- the walk past the statues of coaches is inspiring
5. Stanford - Clean lines with no bad seat. Think Wimbledon of football stadiums
6. Notre Dame - Historically speaking, it's on the list.
7. BYU - Although I don't particular like the way the stadium is configured, the mountains behind it are perfect.
8. Colorado - Same as BYU with the mountains, but with a better configuration.
9. Sun Bowl - The lines of the stadium are outstanding, especially as the sun is setting.
10. Wake Forest - I know it's a very small venue, but it's very clean and obviously, no bad seats.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
1. Rose Bowl - Majestic. Hands down no comparison.
Its history is by far the biggest thing going for it. It's far from my favorite venue to watch a sporting event, though; since there is very little incline, the seats tend to be a long way from the field. Binoculars are a must. The seating is shoulder-to-shoulder, claustrophobic, not particularly comfortable.

Reactions: MINER63
The most scenic stadium ive been to is Husky stadium. The views of the bay are spectacular.

Vaught Hemingway stadium is not spectacular, but the grove puts it on the list. Its one of those places i was afraid wouldnt live up to hype, bit it surpassed my expectations. As for "natural scenery" it doesnt get any better than ole miss coeds.

The most scenic stadium ive been to is Husky stadium. The views of the bay are spectacular.

Vaught Hemingway stadium is not spectacular, but the grove puts it on the list. Its one of those places i was afraid wouldnt live up to hype, bit it surpassed my expectations. As for "natural scenery" it doesnt get any better than ole miss coeds.

I haven't been since UW remodeled the stadium a few years ago. I went way back in the day with some of my cousins and I remember hating that bench seating they had at the time. Although the view of the water is spectacular.

I haven't been since UW remodeled the stadium a few years ago. I went way back in the day with some of my cousins and I remember hating that bench seating they had at the time. Although the view of the water is spectacular.

The worst seats ive encountered at a college football stadium were the wooden bleachers at memorial stadium at Cal. The bleachers were litterally cracked and you you had to watch for splinters. I havent been back since memorial stadium since it was renovated a few years ago, but i guarantee you nobody misses the wooden bleachers.

Reactions: Tribalwarriorx
Colorado State stadium in Ft. Collins is in a nice geographic location, very scenic.

Camp Randall in Madison WI. is another appealing stadium.

The worst seats ive encountered at a college football stadium were the wooden bleachers at memorial stadium at Cal. The bleachers were litterally cracked and you you had to watch for splinters. I havent been back since memorial stadium since it was renovated a few years ago, but i guarantee you nobody misses the wooden bleachers.

Nobody. lol

Its history is by far the biggest thing going for it. It's far from my favorite venue to watch a sporting event, though; since there is very little incline, the seats tend to be a long way from the field. Binoculars are a must. The seating is shoulder-to-shoulder, claustrophobic, not particularly comfortable.

Yeah, that seating is veeeyry tight.

Reactions: MINER63
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT