ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks for the memories Aaron Jones....I hope

DAYDEV

Starter
Feb 10, 2004
Kid has done all he can do for this program. Damn near 1800 yrds on a one dimensional team. Career leader in 3 years, yes 3 years. Has gained good NFL weight and has NFL speed. Is the best back in the league and one of the best in all of college football. Should be in UTEP HofF.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
If he goes out now I'll stick with my 3rd to 5th round prediction and he'll make a roster as a back up to start and could be a starter in the years to come.

Reactions: miner661
If he goes out now I'll stick with my 3rd to 5th round prediction and he'll make a roster as a back up to start and could be a starter in the years to come.

I say he goes to Cowboys. Imagine him and elliot?

I wouldn't come back if in his shoes. Come back and accrue another full season of wear and tear at a dumpster fire football program? No way. The proverbial iron is hot.

That would be the worst case scenario for Jones. He would only play special teams there. He would get very limited playing time with Elliott there.

Just to make the team as a Lance Dunbar type of 3rd string RB would be great. With hard work, and some good fortune, he could take over for Alfred Morris as the 2nd stringer in a couple/few years. I'm all for it.

Jones accomplished everything he could at UTEP. It's selfish for me to say he needs to stay. Go make your money Aaron.

Just to make the team as a Lance Dunbar type of 3rd string RB would be great. With hard work, and some good fortune, he could take over for Alfred Morris as the 2nd stringer in a couple/few years. I'm all for it.
Dunbar has 6 carries all season. IF your Jones, you want to start, not go to a team that has a young franchise RB who can play all 3 downs, not get 6 carries 12 games into the season. It would be a great scenario if your a Dallas fan, but not if your Aaron Jones.

Reactions: UTEP05
Dunbar has 6 carries all season. IF your Jones, you want to start, not go to a team that has a young franchise RB who can play all 3 downs, not get 6 carries 12 games into the season. It would be a great scenario if your a Dallas fan, but not if your Aaron Jones.

Jones isn't starter material..at least yet. Dunbar has had a good career. His carries have been limited this year because Zeke is crazy good, Morris is as good of a 2nd stringer as there is and is a regular contributor. I did say it would be ideal for Jones to take over that 2nd string role in a couple years, which would give him quality amount of carries. It also wouldn't be a bad thing for Jones to have to earn his stripes through special teams, and mop up duty in the early going.

And he'll yeah, I am a Cowboy fan, and AJ fan, so it would be great.

Reactions: CubsFan81
In today's NFL you do need 2 good RBS. You need to have a 1 n 2 punch.I'm a giants fan and Brandon Jacobs and Bradshaw was awesome. Jones would beat Alfred Morris and Lance Dunbar.

Reactions: DAYDEV
In today's NFL you do need 2 good RBS. You need to have a 1 n 2 punch.I'm a giants fan and Brandon Jacobs and Bradshaw was awesome. Jones would beat Alfred Morris and Lance Dunbar.
Not if your Dallas..all they need is Zeke. He is Jacobs and Bradshaw combined into 1. AJ would be a good fit for the Giants because their entire backfield sucks and he has a good chance to play a lot.

The Packers have no backfield. The Lions always need a rb. The Bears need another rb too. AJ will be playing on Sundays and the occasional Thursday & Monday next year.

The Packers scout was here last weekend checking AJ out.
I think that the packers are serious on Aaron Jones...

Go Miners...

Historically, several of the Packers best players have been Miners. Not sure he can be an every down player though. He has had his injury bugs even in college. I'd like to see him split time with a bigger back at least at first.

Last edited:
Historically, several of the Packers best players have been Miners. Not sure he can be an every down player though. He has had his injury bugs even in college. I'd like to see him split time with a bigger back at least at first.
Packers have Lacey and Starks, but had problems with depth at RB so he could fill a need as back up for now and then maybe become a starter down the line.

The Browns. Hell, I almost made the Browns' 53 man roster this year.

16 wins or 16 losses, the checks clear all the same.

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
Not if your Dallas..all they need is Zeke. He is Jacobs and Bradshaw combined into 1. AJ would be a good fit for the Giants because their entire backfield sucks and he has a good chance to play a lot.

Hookers, strippers, and a personal police ride back home for a dunk as heck Cowboy player! Hot damn, the triplet days are back!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT