ADVERTISEMENT

The Fact that a FB Coach hasn't been rumored...

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
Most schools move alot quicker than Utep has in it's FB HC Search. I know we just got a New AD, but this process has to be finished before the end of December! Also the delay tells me it may not be an assistant, but rather a current HC still playing, maybe??

Well, didn't we want the new AD to pick his own guy? Or would you have rather the outgoing AD give him a list and say: "Pick your own guy, as long as it's one of these here names on this list, so we can get the process moving along."

It's the AD choice that really took forever. I wonder what took them so long.

Reactions: El Paso 777
Well, didn't we want the new AD to pick his own guy? Or would you have rather the outgoing AD give him a list and say: "Pick your own guy, as long as it's one of these here names on this list, so we can get the process moving along."

It's the AD choice that really took forever. I wonder what took them so long.
Yes, but there's a searching firm and all the speculation is just what we think Utep should get. We've heard no concrete candidates.

Doesn't matter too much. We don't have any recruits signed for next year and that won't change much unless we steal a HC from another FBS school.

Probably looking at 2 wins or less next year, no matter who is the coach and when he's hired.

Reactions: El Paso 777
Actually there have been rumors put out by sports talk show hosts from Florida, Atlanta, Georgia and Texas that Kendal Briles and Eric Price will push hard to get the UTEP job and that K. C. Keeler is a serious candidate. I would think if Briles is a serious candidate we will know as soon as UCF settles on a new coach. I personally have no interest in Price and if Senter is waiting for Keeler and/or Houston to be available, it might be a few weeks longer since they could be playing each other for the FCS national championship on Jan 7.

Just FYI, Briles is the OC at FAU (not UCF). I was thinking the same thing. I would love to get the OC from UCF but I think he us going power 5 real quick. Hard to get those Florida schools straight!

Doesn't matter too much. We don't have any recruits signed for next year and that won't change much unless we steal a HC from another FBS school.

Probably looking at 2 wins or less next year, no matter who is the coach and when he's hired.
Yeah I figure new coach will load up on JC Xfers to just fill up space and try n get some immediate impact players, following year players learn new system and maybe 4 or 5 wins and then hopefully by year 3 we can talk bowl. Basketball is a little easier just takes 2 or 3 big time players to make a difference can be done in basketball o have more faith with the right hire
Actually there have been rumors put out by sports talk show hosts from Florida, Atlanta, Georgia and Texas that Kendal Briles and Eric Price will push hard to get the UTEP job and that K. C. Keeler is a serious candidate. I would think if Briles is a serious candidate we will know as soon as UCF settles on a new coach. I personally have no interest in Price and if Senter is waiting for Keeler and/or Houston to be available, it might be a few weeks longer since they could be playing each other for the FCS national championship on Jan 7.
Yeah I just posted that Keeler is our no.1 right now, doesn't mean it'll happen, but he's tops on the list at the time. I like all the candidates, except for Price.

Reactions: ShovelMan66
Just FYI, Briles is the OC at FAU (not UCF). I was thinking the same thing. I would love to get the OC from UCF but I think he us going power 5 real quick. Hard to get those Florida schools straight!
I wasn't clear (as usual) but I meant that it would be natural for him to be a candidate for UCF who is just up the road in Orlando. Maybe not though.

Also thought Kiffin might get the UCF job and Briles the FAU HC job but UCF hired Heupel the OC at Missouri.

Last edited:
Reactions: axingfools1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT