ADVERTISEMENT

The line going to Juarez

Sports Opinion

Starter
Jun 20, 2020
Have you guys noticed the line going to Juarez in the afternoons like from 3-8PM sometimes going all the way to Piedras on the 1-10, to Fred Wilson on US54 an to Bassett Place on the other side ?

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say it's cuz they work/school in EP but live in Juarez.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Have you guys noticed the line going to Juarez in the afternoons like from 3-8PM sometimes going all the way to Piedras on the 1-10, to Fred Wilson on US54 an to Bassett Place on the other side ?
I get what you are asking. Sadly, I think this is the finished product / fix after all the work done to the spaghetti bowl. It’s not good when traffic from an exit backs up into an interstate.

From what I am told, the lines are caused by there being only one lane going into Mexico. All 3 directions funnel into one lane....Crazy

From what I am told, the lines are caused by there being only one lane going into Mexico. All 3 directions funnel into one lane....Crazy

I think you got the most accurate response, it is basically due to Racism by the CBP or Federal Government in general and it doesn't have anything to do with the Spaghetti Bowl or I-10 Connect. It all started under Donald Trump when concrete barricades were put on top of the Cordova Bridge making four lanes become two, so if you have three lanes of vehicles coming out of the Freeway and become two, the result is a bottle neck that causes the lanes to go all the way to Bassett, Piedras, Fred Wilson. I voted for Biden thinking this would change but I found out the hard way that Democrats are the same as racists as Republicans but more hypocrite, and that is why I am never voting again for anyone.

• Haha
Reactions: denverutep
I think you got the most accurate response, it is basically due to Racism by the CBP or Federal Government in general and it doesn't have anything to do with the Spaghetti Bowl or I-10 Connect. It all started under Donald Trump when concrete barricades were put on top of the Cordova Bridge making four lanes become two, so if you have three lanes of vehicles coming out of the Freeway and become two, the result is a bottle neck that causes the lanes to go all the way to Bassett, Piedras, Fred Wilson. I voted for Biden thinking this would change but I found out the hard way that Democrats are the same as racists as Republicans but more hypocrite, and that is why I am never voting again for anyone.
Well that to took a turn I wasn't expecting..

LOL

The lines are due to racism?

LOL

The lines are due to racism?
I know it sounds ironic but why make people going to Juarez spent two hours in line ? Some people get up at 5 in the morning to go to work, get in line at the bridge, one or one and half hour on the way to El Paso. Lets say the go leave work at 5 and because of those lines they arrive home at 7 or 7:30 and basically have to go to bed at 9:00 or 9:30PM. They spend 15 hours in line a week just because of some idiot behind a desk making inhumane decisions.

I know it sounds ironic but why make people going to Juarez spent two hours in line ? Some people get up at 5 in the morning to go to work, get in line at the bridge, one or one and half hour on the way to El Paso. Lets say the go leave work at 5 and because of those lines they arrive home at 7 or 7:30 and basically have to go to bed at 9:00 or 9:30PM. They spend 15 hours in line a week just because of some idiot behind a desk making inhumane decisions.

Not everything is racist. Stop with the BS.

No not everything is racist Mr. BS, but closing lanes at the bridge going south is, or do you have some other explanation ? By the way have you been to the bridge from 4 to 8PM Monday - Friday ?

Yes, I know it's busy. It's always been busy. Again, not everything is racist.
I wanted to post a picture here to prove my point, but unfortunately I don't have access to posting pictures, it doesn't give me the option. However just drive to Juarez on a week afternoon from 4-8PM and you'll find out that putting barricades on top of the bridge is very different from always been busy.

I wanted to post a picture here to prove my point, but unfortunately I don't have access to posting pictures, it doesn't give me the option. However just drive to Juarez on a week afternoon from 4-8PM and you'll find out that putting barricades on top of the bridge is very different from always been busy.

Not everything is racist.

• Haha
Reactions: Sports Opinion
If they were racist, wouldn't they want to get the Mexicans back to Mexico ASAP?

"Security" is the buzzword used to make people's lives a little more annoying than they should be. I haven't been to J-town since the late 80s' or early 90s' I remember the lines to get back to El Paso were always way longer than the lines to get into Mexico. I haven't a clue why they would make it harder to get back to Mexico.

• Haha
Reactions: Sports Opinion
Not sure how the heck you get racism out of this. If traffic is being funneled into one lane through the port of entry on the MEXICO side, how is it our racism that causes it?
I10 connect and all of the other projects were designed to help with traffic flow. The concrete barriers are put up either for more work to be done, or reduce the idiots from driving recklessly.

Reactions: denverutep
TXDOT needs to find a solution — especially where drivers exit I-10 westbound onto the ramp to Juarez. Line jumpers try to squeeze in, blocking two lanes when they can’t. Wrecks, broken down cars — it’s bad.

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
"Security" is the buzzword used to make people's lives a little more annoying than they should be. I haven't been to J-town since the late 80s' or early 90s' I remember the lines to get back to El Paso were always way longer than the lines to get into Mexico. I haven't a clue why they would make it harder to get back to Mexico.
Is Juarez where you went to do your rituals?

Not sure how the heck you get racism out of this. If traffic is being funneled into one lane through the port of entry on the MEXICO side, how is it our racism that causes it?
I10 connect and all of the other projects were designed to help with traffic flow. The concrete barriers are put up either for more work to be done, or reduce the idiots from driving recklessly.
Maybe racism might not be the proper term for the cause of the problem, but just go to the top of the Cordova bridge and you will find out that a four wide lane bridge becomes a two lane bridge because of concrete barricades put in place by the CBP on each side (just going south) ON THE US SIDE ABOUT A YARD OR TWO of the international boundary, they don't have anything to do with the Mexican Custom Officials. Math is math, if you have three vehicle lanes (Plus two for trucks) that's five. But just for regular vehicles, if you have three vehicle lanes becoming two or even sometimes just one as I've seen, the result will be a bottle neck and a lines going all the way to Piedras, Fred Wilson and Basset. What more do you want ??? This long lines on the freeway could one day cause a big fatal accident, hopefully never.

Is Juarez where you went to do your rituals?
We all due respect b
We all due respect, but if you haven't been to Juarez since the 80's or early 90's you sure don't have the slightest clue of what you're talking about. The 80's and early 90's were a complete different era than today, yes we didn't have social media etc but things were far far far more civilized than today in many aspects of life, including border crossing going both ways.

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
TXDOT needs to find a solution — especially where drivers exit I-10 westbound onto the ramp to Juarez. Line jumpers try to squeeze in, blocking two lanes when they can’t. Wrecks, broken down cars — it’s bad.
It is not a TXDOT problem, there is nothing wrong with the 1-10 connect, in fact it is a marvel of engineering. The problem is the CBP putting concrete barricades on top of the Cordova Bridge and causing a for lane bridge to become a two lane bridge, ON THE US SIDE. One thing that could fix the problem might be to have all the trucks cross by Tornillo or Santa Teresa and just leave the bridge for regular vehicles. The would help a lot, but it would also help if they remove those barricades on top of the bridge.

EXACTLY!!!!

Honestly though, this isn't a TXDOT issue. It's more of a Mexico port of enter issue. Hey, maybe Beto can talk to em for us?

We have a game in a few hours and this is what we want to argue about?

We all due respect b

We all due respect, but if you haven't been to Juarez since the 80's or early 90's you sure don't have the slightest clue of what you're talking about. The 80's and early 90's were a complete different era than today, yes we didn't have social media etc but things were far far far more civilized than today in many aspects of life, including border crossing going both ways.
What? That's what I said. ???

I haven't a clue why they would make it harder to get back to Mexico.

The problem is caused by the CBP not by Mexico, but you do have a point of mentioning Veronica, she doesn't seem to care about the problem.

What? That's what I said. ???

I haven't a clue why they would make it harder to get back to Mexico.
There are several theories from people guessing but so far no official explanation from the CBP. One is that it is because people change lanes at the bridge but it doesn't make any sense because every time I cross there are no CBP officers checking on south bond traffic. Another theory is that they do that in order to punish residents who are supposed to be living in the US but seem to be living in Juarez (or that is what the CBP believes), is like a way to make it a nightmare for them to go to Juarez, but if that would be the case it would also be very stupid because they can penalize them on the way back, even take away the resident ship. If those two are the reason why, well they are affecting other people that don't have anything to do with those issues.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT