ADVERTISEMENT

The paper cup game is still the best, but

Mine was a blowout win over them in the WAC tournament semi-finals it was either '88 or '89, I remember it was in Utah. It was so good to see your opponent vanquished to a point that they know there's nothing they could do about it, I think I saw Rob Robbins crying;).

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Mine was a blowout win over them in the WAC tournament semi-finals it was either '88 or '89, I remember it was in Utah. It was so good to see your opponent vanquished to a point that they know there's nothing they could do about it, I think I saw Rob Robbins crying;).
It was 1989 wac tournament and we split the regular season and beat them in the semifinals 89-57. I was at that glorious tournament and had a huge sign taunting the lobo fans that said, “YOU LOSE WE GOT NORM” because Norm Ellenberger their former coach was our assistant under Haskins. Mark McCall drilled a shot from almost half court at the end of regulation to put salt in the wound.

Goodwin had the flattest shot I have ever seen but had so much spin on the ball it always landed soft. The shot in the pit had a bit more arch on it and I thought is wasn't going in. All I remember was the crowd was screaming and then nothing.

Reactions: mikesarabia
I remember a game around 1999 or so where UNM was ranked as high as #11 then came to El Paso and lost to a subpar Miner team that had guys like BJ Wade and Jose Escobedo on it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT