ADVERTISEMENT

the were short and slow but scrappy

jdubb66

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2009
We outrebounded the Nanooks by 12, out shot them 53 to 38%, made more free throws, had many more dunks and points in the paint. How did they stay in the game? They made 15 3s to our 3. They also had 9 more steals and 7 fewer turnovers for a total of 16 more opportunities. Essentially they took care of the ball better.

On the bright side, this is probably our most athletic team since CTFs first here with stone, culpepper, mccaulley.

Reactions: mikesarabia
That's why you play them.
I remember years and years ago a Tarleton State team came to town, led by former El Paso area ballers and gave a much better UTEP team all they could handle. Eddie Rivera finally popped it in high gear and took control.

That's why you play them.
I remember years and years ago a Tarleton State team came to town, led by former El Paso area ballers and gave a much better UTEP team all they could handle. Eddie Rivera finally popped it in high gear and took control.

One of my all time favorite players on one of my all time favorite Miner teams. Damn he was good!

When The Mavericks first announced they were bringing in a point guard from Puerto Rico a few years ago I was hoping it was Eddie Rivera. Hard to believe Puerto Rico could produce JJBarea who made it in the NBA and our Eddie didn't.

Are we talking about Eddie or Fili? Both were awesome. Clutch performers. The Eddie Rivera and Prince Stewart combination sticks out because they were both 6' or under. Both started and both were dominant in 92 over much bigger competition. That "TEAM" doesn't get the credit it deserves. Didn't hurt that we had strong inside presence either.

I remember Eddie Rivera well since that was my undergrad era. Rivera played for the 96 Puerto Rican Olympic team and played about 9 years of pro basketball in Puerto Rico. In the end I think his smaller size kept him out of the NBA.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Are we talking about Eddie or Fili? Both were awesome. Clutch performers. The Eddie Rivera and Prince Stewart combination sticks out because they were both 6' or under. Both started and both were dominant in 92 over much bigger competition. That "TEAM" doesn't get the credit it deserves. Didn't hurt that we had strong inside presence either.

Fili was damn good. Eddie was damn great, imo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT