ADVERTISEMENT

There's an old saying about coaching...

MINER63

MI Hall of Famer
Aug 17, 2004
Vail, Arizona
alanfolsom-joethephilosopher.com
...that I've heard for 60 years: The only thing that matters is your Won-Lost record.

And no ones cares about how many good reasons you have for losing. CTF seems like he has a lot of good reasons for his W-L record. I actually think he does, but most fans don't care. We only know that he hasn't made one appearance in the Big Dance and that's what matters. He stated his ambition to win another national championship and the NIT ain't it. I hope Floyd's team is successful next season because the fans are really going to feel stupid for keeping him on otherwise. Seven seasons should be enough time to show his stuff.

As an aside, I don't buy all this put-down of the CUSA teams. With several exceptions (which are quickly improving), the sports teams in CUSA aren't significantly worse than any other mid-major conference, IMO.

63, the other CUSA teams may not be significantly worse than other mid-major conferences, but I do not perceive that is the level of competition Miner fans are willing to settle for.

MF

63, the other CUSA teams may not be significantly worse than other mid-major conferences, but I do not perceive that is the level of competition Miner fans are willing to settle for.

MF
Which Miner fans are we talking about?.... The true fans that show up no matter what ....or the Typical bandwagon fans that only show up when we are winning..... what happened to the student section? Its pathetic.........

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT