ADVERTISEMENT

ttu fires Wells

unihorn

MI Miner Maniac
Dec 1, 2007

Who will they go after? Traylor? Dykes? Sell their souls for Briles?

Traylor. He knows his audition is next week. I wouldn’t be surprised if a few TT spies are in the SB for the game.

Reactions: kickballpro
I would say Briles, however they want in the PAC-12. I don't think they're getting in Regardless but they certainly aren't if Briles is the coach.

Dykes has the name and family history. In 2021 Tech is much harder job than SMU. I don't know if it's a great fit for either.

Traylor is going to be the hot name. If TCU comes open that's where he's going.

I think on the end it will be USC OC Graham Harrel. Not because he's the first choice but because they won't get their top targets.

Texas Tech is the Utep of Big 12. Nobody wants to coach there and it's hard to win.

Texas Tech is the Utep of Big 12. Nobody wants to coach there and it's hard to win.
Not sure what you’re saying is true. Coaches do move on from there with a fair degree of success. One a successful head coach in the NFL. One experiencing some success as a head coach in the toughest conference in college. One moved on to Cinci, which isn’t exactly a graveyard for coaches. Just sayin.

You did get one thing right. It is difficult to win there.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Going to be an active coaching carousel this season.

If Aranda goes to LSU, Baylor could go after Traylor.

What if Tech lures Dykes back? Herman to SMU?

Not to mention USC, Florida State, etc.

Cumbie is interim at ttu, but has a tough slate of games coming up and starting qb is hurt.

Last edited:
No one can win there except for their mens basketball program, baseball, track and field, and their football is light years more competetive than us. I don't even have to mention how much money they have. What a stupid post.

Last edited:
I would say Briles, however they want in the PAC-12. I don't think they're getting in Regardless but they certainly aren't if Briles is the coach.

Dykes has the name and family history. In 2021 Tech is much harder job than SMU. I don't know if it's a great fit for either.

Traylor is going to be the hot name. If TCU comes open that's where he's going.

I think on the end it will be USC OC Graham Harrel. Not because he's the first choice but because they won't get their top targets.
Why would they hire a coach that Mt Pleasant high school recently had to fire over infractions? The guy lights everything he touches on fire

Going to be an active coaching carousel this season.

If Aranda goes to LSU, Baylor could go after Traylor.

What if Tech lures Dykes back? Herman to SMU?

Not to mention USC, Florida State, etc.

Cumbie is interim at ttu, but has a tough slate of games coming up and starting qb is hurt.
Herman could be in the mix at USC

Why would they hire a coach that Mt Pleasant high school recently had to fire over infractions? The guy lights everything he touches on fire
Mount Vernon? I could give a rat’s ass about Briles, but where are you getting your info that he was fired from there?

Traylor is an East Texas High School winner/recruiter. If I’m him, I want the Baylor job over ttu.

Could cause some distractions over the next couple weeks.
jack-nicholson-the-shining.gif

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Oh,oh. Distraction for UTEP now that Dimel's name is tossed out on a list for Colorado.
Or maybe extra encouragement and motivation for Dimel that people are recognizing the tremendous turnaround he's doing. Could be the incentive he needs to coach out of his mind and finish this season strong.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Not to shit on Dimel, but I doubt Colorado is interested in a program builder on a 4-5 year timeline. If he's for real, UTEP may be it for him now that he's built the foundation. Don't see bigger schools willing to wait that long for a boring offense to maybe succeed.

Side note... that's an underwhelming list of names if your a Colorado fan. Either that writer doesn't know what he's talking about or the bar at Colorado has fallen pretty low.

Oh,oh. Distraction for UTEP now that Dimel's name is tossed out on a list for Colorado.
Let's be clear, he is a very well respected college coach, pro and up and down the college ranks. A players coach, a good man. He keeps his nose clean and you don't have to worry about him pulling a Tim Floyd on a live mic. A total 180 of Briles. But his HC resume is eh, and he was let go at KSU. He knows Texas high schools and his calling card is rebuilding programs.

However, his RPO is not the hottest offense. Coastal Carolina runs the RPO with all sorts of tweeks and variations from other formations. Dimel is run first.

Dimel doesn't make hot rods. He gets you dad's '77 Impala up and running. Paint job, customized work and detailing not included.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT