ADVERTISEMENT

ttu fires Wells

How long until Sarkisian is looking for a new job. I never understood the hype or salary behind his hire.
He’ll get 3 years. Maybe not 3 full years. But he’ll coach into his 3rd season.

I’m not a fan of his but he’s a bright mind offensively. Maybe his limit is as OC. We’ll find out. Hard to judge with just 3/4 of one season.

Reactions: Lil_Train
His buy out for year one is $7.5 million. So this may keep the Tech’s and TCU’s away but if he keeps winning, the big dogs won’t care. Atleast UTSA will get something back though.
TCU is officially open. So we will see if 7.5 million is enough

Sure, but if it gets ugly for any reason, he gone at any time.
Right. Just as UTSA isn’t keeping a coach from leaving because of this extension. Remember when everyone made a big deal about Gillispie not signing his contract here? He was still going to A&M.

Musical chairs in DFW. Dykes to TCU, Patterson to SMU or UNT.

Musical chairs in DFW. Dykes to TCU, Patterson to SMU or UNT.
Not so fast folks. Traylor is still top 3 at TCU and they have the money. Nothing is a done deal.

"And it appears the Horned Frogs have identified their top candidate, SMU head coach Sonny Dykes, according to CBS Sports’ Dennis Dodd, who also adds that UTSA’s Jeff Traylorwho signed a contract extension on Sunday — and Louisiana’s Billy Napier are on TCU’s radar."-Riley Gates 247sports.com

Now it's official. Hopefully they make a good hire. FIU could have a decent team with the right personnel.

Now it's official. Hopefully they make a good hire. FIU could have a decent team with the right personnel.
From the story
“ Davis said he was allowed to only offer one-year contracts to assistants, hampering his ability to hire coaches who could get multi-year deals elsewhere.

When Davis arrived in 2017, he found out all the shoulder pads were at least 10 years old. The school wouldn’t provide the money to purchase new shoulder pads, but an assistant coach had a contact at Mississippi State. The Bulldogs’ program had shoulder pads that were five years old, but they were replacing them, so Mississippi State gave FIU its shoulder pads at no cost.

“They were five years old,” Davis said. “But they were new to us.”

In today’s college football world, where some schools get new uniform combos literally every game, FIU is using uniforms that are nine years old, Davis said.

Davis also said his coaching staff was not allowed to go on the road recruiting the past two years because of the school’s financial reasons and COVID-19.”

So old shoulder pads and uniforms. Still won a bowl game and beat Miami while coaching there. What’s UTEP excuse this time ?

From the story
“ Davis said he was allowed to only offer one-year contracts to assistants, hampering his ability to hire coaches who could get multi-year deals elsewhere.

When Davis arrived in 2017, he found out all the shoulder pads were at least 10 years old. The school wouldn’t provide the money to purchase new shoulder pads, but an assistant coach had a contact at Mississippi State. The Bulldogs’ program had shoulder pads that were five years old, but they were replacing them, so Mississippi State gave FIU its shoulder pads at no cost.

“They were five years old,” Davis said. “But they were new to us.”

In today’s college football world, where some schools get new uniform combos literally every game, FIU is using uniforms that are nine years old, Davis said.

Davis also said his coaching staff was not allowed to go on the road recruiting the past two years because of the school’s financial reasons and COVID-19.”

So old shoulder pads and uniforms. Still won a bowl game and beat Miami while coaching there. What’s UTEP excuse this time ?
I've been screaming to anyone that will listen to hire a former successful P5 coach. A good coach can help overcome a lot of deficiencies in a program.

I would be open to brining on Davis, but is he really looking for another “rebuild” at 69?

I don’t want to speak for Corona, but I don’t think he’s talking about bringing in Davis specifically.
Hell no. He's too old. I would have liked a Clay Helton type of hire. Good run with a P5 program and still kind of young. He's heading to Georgia Southern and we're stuck with Dimel.

Georgia Southern hired him at 800k. That's basically what we're paying Dimel.

Fuente is going to be looking for a new job. Too bad we're not going to be looking for a new coach.

Turns out he has a $30 million dollar guaranteed contract. Couple that with the recruiting class he’s building, he isn’t going anywhere
Well Herman had two top 3 classes and Texas still paid 24 million to get rid of him and his staff. Herman's worst season was 7-6. We'll see...

Turns out he has a $30 million dollar guaranteed contract. Couple that with the recruiting class he’s building, he isn’t going anywhere

Reported by Dennis Dodd on CBSSports.com that Sarkisian's buyout would be 21mm. On top of the 15mm still due to previous coach Tom Herman. But hey, this is Texas. All of that money comes from the program; not a penny from the university. They're literally a printing press in Austin. They can do whatever they want.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Texas would be stupid to get rid of Sarkisian after year one. Texas fans, alum and boosters talk so much wind at times they create their own electricity, and I cheer for the Longhorns every weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT