ADVERTISEMENT

UConn Football to C-USA?

I'd prefer UTEP in the MWC. Much better geographical arrangement with natural -- and historic -- rivals. Unless the Big 12 or Pac 12 come calling -- hint, they won't -- long distance games across the east coast that mean nothing to anyone regionally will ensure the university remains irrelevant in the major sports. The only saving grace as an alternative would be to replace UConn in the AAC and that's not going to happen either.

I'd be happy to see UTEP move to the WCC (not going to happen either) or even ... wait for it ... the WAC and go indy in football. Winning in either of those in men's BB would cure a lot of ills, get butts in the seats again and make us pretty again for a more handsome suiter. We would still go to Austin and Norman for the paychecks we'd get to take the ass spankings and it would give us a chance to schedule games with those old foes now living the MWC. Those games would also put butts in seats if we could get them to come kick our asses in the Sun Bowl.

Of course, all of this is nothing more than off-season dribble that means nothing to anyone of importance that might also have real ability to impact what happens. Take it as such.
I prefer the conference JCorona is proposing but the I would fancy a trip to Vegas every march for the conference tournament. We could have a Miner Digs reunion at the Four Queens.

Reactions: axingfools1
I'd be happy to see UTEP move to ... the WAC and go indy in football.
In other words, TxRdKiller wants us to be NMSU.
vomit-2118.gif

In other words, TxRdKiller wants us to be NMSU.
vomit-2118.gif

Context, Wildcat. Context. Don't quote me out of context. Neither the WCC nor the WAC play football. The next sentence I wrote said, "Winning in either of those in men's BB would cure a lot of ills, get butts in the seats again and make us pretty again for a more handsome suiter."

Context.

Context, Wildcat. Context. Don't quote me out of context. Neither the WCC nor the WAC play football. The next sentence I wrote said, "Winning in either of those in men's BB would cure a lot of ills, get butts in the seats again and make us pretty again for a more handsome suiter."

Context.

How does that help football?

Jeez, do you guys bother to ****ing read? "and make us pretty again for a more handsome suiter." That's how it helps.

Going down in conference affiliation wont help anything. Less money allows schools like UTSA and UNT to get farther ahead of is. Attendance will continue to drop.

Going down in conference affiliation wont help anything. Less money allows schools like UTSA and UNT to get farther ahead of is. Attendance will continue to drop.

Winning fixes everything. Look at Gonzaga. Look at Boise State. Look at Wichita State.

We have to learn to win again. Unfortunately, CUSA is an abomination of a conference for a little school out in far west Texas. We need geographical, natural, historic rivals to rebuild.

Ask yourself: Why is UCONN moving back to the Big East?

Winning fixes everything. Look at Gonzaga. Look at Boise State. Look at Wichita State.

We have to learn to win again. Unfortunately, CUSA is an abomination of a conference for a little school out in far west Texas. We need geographical, natural, historic rivals to rebuild.

Ask yourself: Why is UCONN moving back to the Big East?

UCONN is going back to The Big East because it's one of top three conferences in basketball. They have traditional rivals. They weren't happy in a g5 conference. When they joined The Big East in football it was so their program could play in a power conference. When the Big East split in two and The American was formed they were in a g5 conference which was never part of their plan. Their ad and president both complained about the TV deal in the American which is the best of the g5 conferences. They are basketball blueblood they belong in The Big East.

Schools that drop dont come back up. All the schools you mentioned have moved up Boise (Big West, WAC, MWC) Wichita state (Missouri valley, AAC) None of them went backwards.

Joining the WAC you get less money less viability. You piss off the few donors we have and lose half our donations. You put the football program in a horrid posistion. No TV deal, no bowl tie ins, horrific schedule. NMSU is not in the WAC by choice its because they were kicked out of the sun belt. We wouldn't win the WAC. The basketball program is trash. Hopefully they are getting better. In the past 25 years we've been to a many a NCAA tournaments as UTSA. Any tradition we had is long dead. Hopefully we can build it back up I have hope I think we're headed in the right direction. Join the WAC just throw in the white towel its over we will never come back. That's the problem with UTEP athletics. Small time thinking no expectations no standards. This is the mentality that has got us passed by in state schools.

UCONN is going back to The Big East because it's one of top three conferences in basketball. They have traditional rivals.

I'll be very clear: The MWC is where we belong. Short of that, replace UCONN in the AAC. Also, winning fixes everything.

Everything else is mindless drivel that can be ignored. UTEP going to the WCC or back to the WAC is as likely as UTEP getting invited to the Big/Pac 12. Not going to happen. Period. Full stop. (insert your favorite overused end of statement statement here)

You know the saying "we're headed nowhere"? We've arrived.

I'll be very clear: The MWC is where we belong. Short of that, replace UCONN in the AAC. Also, winning fixes everything.

Everything else is mindless drivel that can be ignored. UTEP going to the WCC or back to the WAC is as likely as UTEP getting invited to the Big/Pac 12. Not going to happen. Period. Full stop. (insert your favorite overused end of statement statement here)

You know the saying "we're headed nowhere"? We've arrived.
Don't sugar coat it killer. Just come out and say it. :p

Four of the AAC schools will be playing in power 5 conferences within five years. This is just the first unexpected domino to fall. The loss of the tri-state market will probably cost them 15-20% on the renegotiation of the TV deal.

No impact on TV deal. And FB only in AAC is laughable, they bring nothing to the table, they'd be better going FCS. UCONN needs to move on, just getting their butts kicked in everything not named WBB. Even their so-called "marquis" sport, men's basketball, is mid-pack in AAC. Maybe they can be the big fish in a smaller pond, win something in the Big East, especially since it is NOT the same conference it was several years ago...

LOL, the stupidity of it. If Houston has found a way to be successful in the AAC but UConn hasn't, I think there are more fundamental issues holding them back.

No fundamental issues. Their hall of fame top five coach of all time retires. Kevin ollie steps in takes Calhouns team to national championship. After the championship several nba teams made lucrative offers to ollie. UCONN responded by giving them a 25 million dollar contract. The season after the championship it became apparent Ollie wasnt a great coach and his recruiting ability was worse. The contract was an anchor UCONN couldn't cut.

UCONN is a blue blood. They're pedigree only matched by a handful of schools. They will be back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT