ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV-UTEP Prediction Thread

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
I started the last one and I was told someone else was supposed to start the prediction thread. So who job is it this week?

There isn’t really a rule. I don’t think anyone would get bent if they “won” and didn’t get to start the next one.

UTEP 38
UNLV 24

UTEP falls behind 17-0 early on. Dismel hears the boo birds in full force......Hurley comes in and leads a massive comeback. Wilson makes a statement after the game, both Senter and Dismel will be let go. Aaron Price takes over for the rest of the year, Teicher becomes AD Pro-Bono, his salary is then redirected into an NIL fund for 2024 recruits. Colby Carthel is hired as new head coach at a base salary of 450k with incentives.

29,328 announced. (14,701 Actual crowd)

UTEP 38
UNLV 24

UTEP falls behind 17-0 early on. Dismel hears the boo birds in full force......Hurley comes in and leads a massive comeback. Wilson makes a statement after the game, both Senter and Dismel will be let go. Aaron Price takes over for the rest of the year, Teicher becomes AD Pro-Bono, his salary is then redirected into an NIL fund for 2024 recruits. Colby Carthel is hired as new head coach at a base salary of 450k with incentives.

I wish

Imo the most important game of the season was week zero. It set the tone for the year. Expect more of the same.

UTEP 20
UNLV 28

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
UTEP - 27
UNLV - 24

16,660 fans witness the Miners play their best game of the year.

Reactions: nattybry
UTEP 38
UNLV 24

I like it lol 🤣

All the scores I like are taken so, I'll go with Utep winning a must win game in OT
Miners 30
Rebels 27
20,350 actual
29,800 announced

Reactions: Prospero915
UTEP 24
UNLV 17

Hardison’s team meeting does the trick and they win in the final 2:00 minutes of the game.

GO MINERS!

Reactions: shyminer81
UNLV - 27
UTEP - 14
The shit slides slowly down the Franklin Mountains. And we thought we had a chance this season. What's Dimels problem? He's not afraid to lose by a big score but he is afraid to win by one. Did he coach at the University of Mars?

Reactions: T-6 Miner
UNLV - 38
UTEP - 13

UTEP can’t score And they’ve shown an ability to make their opponents look great. Just our luck we make UNLV look like 2004 USC. I hope I am proven wrong.

If the Miners lose this they know their season is basically over and probably landslides from there. I know many of us already believe this is already happening, but this game is pivotal for the teams belief I think. As much as I don't want Dimel to be the coach past this year I still would prefer Utep to go bowling this year and finally win one. So I won't be rooting for a complete failure of the season.

If the Miners lose this they know their season is basically over and probably landslides from there. I know many of us already believe this is already happening, but this game is pivotal for the teams belief I think. As much as I don't want Dimel to be the coach past this year I still would prefer Utep to go bowling this year and finally win one. So I won't be rooting for a complete failure of the season.
Yea. Reminds me a lot of the Boise game last season;

We went into it 1-3, the same record we have now. That win really turned our season around and propelled us towards .500. Can’t wait to limp there and have Dimel sign a four year extension!

Spoiler: we won’t go bowling

Yea. Reminds me a lot of the Boise game last season;

We went into it 1-3, the same record we have now. That win really turned our season around and propelled us towards .500. Can’t wait to limp there and have Dimel sign a four year extension!

Spoiler: we won’t go bowling
Last season, outside of OU, the rest of the games were on par for a win. I believe, this season, might have been a little tougher, we underestimated P5 teams, even if its NW. Plus Dimel is the coach, I believe they will win on Saturday... but will find a way to finish 5-7, again. Either way, I hope UTEP moves on from Dimel.

The landslide began week 1. UTEP has played 2 quarters of really good football and that was vs UIW. We’re at Week 5 and there is no magical solution for an offense that scores less than 15 points per game because we know the skill players aren’t good enough. I am trying to think in modern history has there ever been a team in any sport that changed a coach/QB/offensive system mid season and then everything just magically clicked and they went on some Cinderella run? That stuff is only in the movies.

I’m not rooting for UTEP to lose but at the same time I can’t just look at this season with rose tinted glasses and say we’re going to hang 25+ on anyone.

The landslide began week 1. UTEP has played 2 quarters of really good football and that was vs UIW. We’re at Week 5 and there is no magical solution for an offense that scores less than 15 points per game because we know the skill players aren’t good enough. I am trying to think in modern history has there ever been a team in any sport that changed a coach/QB/offensive system mid season and then everything just magically clicked and they went on some Cinderella run? That stuff is only in the movies.

I’m not rooting for UTEP to lose but at the same time I can’t just look at this season with rose tinted glasses and say we’re going to hang 25+ on anyone.
U misread or misunderstood if you thought I'm looking at it through rose tinted glasses. That's not at all what I said. UTEP was the last drove away from turning a 1-3 start into going bowling, so going 6-6 isn't a Cinderella story it's a bare minimum that's within reach. I said that if they don't win against UNLV though, even that will not happen.

U misread or misunderstood if you thought I'm looking at it through rose tinted glasses. That's not at all what I said. UTEP was the last drove away from turning a 1-3 start into going bowling, so going 6-6 isn't a Cinderella story it's a bare minimum that's within reach. I said that if they don't win against UNLV though, even that will not happen.
Dimel has proven that 6-7 or 7-6 type of season isn’t the minimum, it’s the peak.

Reactions: develman
Which Helter Skelter Dimel lead UTEP Miner squad do we witness on Saturday?

Catches are completed. O line get some push and opens some holes. No drive killing penalties or drive continuing penalties for the opponent. Hardison has just one INT or team has just one T.O. overall and UTEP is in this one.

However, I really doubt UNLV's D line is as bad as Incarnate Word's D line where UTEP shoved them around and Dimel basically told all at his presser, "tough shat" and is sticking to his brand. UTEP's poor D gets tuckered out at the end, again.

UNLV 27
UTEP 16

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT