ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP and buy games

NoNCAAWinsSince1992

MI Miner Maniac
Nov 12, 2019
Go to the website below and take a look at the article and database. According to available records, UTEP pays the most for their non-D1 games, outside of Georgia Tech paying Morehouse $20,000 and Wyoming paying Nebraska Wesleyan $9,500. UTEP paid Highlands, ENMU, and East Central $8,000 each. New Mexico only had to pay ENMU $4,500 for their game. Guess it costs an extra $3,500 to come to El Paso.

UTEP was paid $85,000 for their game against Houston. Based on attendance, UTEP isn’t making that much more money, if any by playing those D2 games. 3,738 was the NMHU announced attendance. Likely not even that many there. To make $85,000 that night, the tickets would have had to average $23. That only happens if there’s no student tickets, comps, etc. And that’s before workers and utilities are paid.

The UAPB and UTEP game is not listed, but NMSU paid them $40,000 for their game, so it’s probably similar. I would venture to say, based on the 4,928 fans announced, that UTEP made little or no money that night.

LaTech got paid $120,000 to play at Indiana
UT-Arlington got paid $100,000 each to play at Oregon and Gonzaga
Marshall got $95,000 each to play at Florida and Notre Dame
NMSU got paid $95,000 to play at Arizona

Interesting to see and just proves my point that UTEP chooses not to play better opponents and playing D2 teams is worthless.

Athleticdirectoru.com

People are already freaking out it would be even worse with three extra road loses. The numbers don’t lie. We would make more money going on the road and the team could benefit from the experience. IMO Senter wanted to give Terry some free W’s on his resume after the beating he took last season.

I like info like this. If you come across how much Texas is paying UTEP for the game next season please post it. I haven’t been able to find a figure.

I agree. It’s interesting to see numbers, especially when some people just say, “UTEP makes a ton of money on these games” based on something they overheard or whatever

Wow... This post is as provocative as it is insightful.

This kind of blows a hole in Natalicio's "We do More with Less" slogan.

NoNCAAWins, really nice investigative work here. Have to wonder how the payment scale is determined.

At first, I thought it might be determined by the host team's seating capacity... but can't be because Univ of New Mexico has a higher capacity than the Don has.

So what is it based on?

This pisses me off... another reason not to support Utep Athletics because "We Pay More For Less". Realm
alien.gif

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT