ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP at ODU

Do you see Terry going above .500 if everybody stays? Either way...
I definitely don't see them going above .500 next year with the current players. We are losing Edwards for sure, and although he hasn't been consistent, he probably our best backcourt player. The only way I see Terry going above .500 is to keep Williams and Boum, and bring in three plug and play starters. Maybe Kennedy can provide some help, but it is unrealistic to expect that from a guy who averaged 2 ppg as a freshman. From listening to Terry, reading between the lines, he has mentioned recruiting is needed to fix this. I'd be shocked if there aren't any player additions.

I definitely don't see them going above .500 next year with the current players. We are losing Edwards for sure, and although he hasn't been consistent, he probably our best backcourt player. The only way I see Terry going above .500 is to keep Williams and Boum, and bring in three plug and play starters. Maybe Kennedy can provide some help, but it is unrealistic to expect that from a guy who averaged 2 ppg as a freshman. From listening to Terry, reading between the lines, he has mentioned recruiting is needed to fix this. I'd be shocked if there aren't any player additions.

I’d be shocked as well. However, I’ve lost all confidence in CRT’s ability to utilize whatever talent he can identify.

Hard to say. Definitely shouldn’t be shooting 3s in numbers. He is a great athlete. Very dynamic. I haven’t seen much to suggest he’s a good basketball player. I don’t think he’ll help this team get over the hump. Watching him from the line, he just doesn’t have a smooth touch or release. Not sure he’ll be able to develop much more in this area of his game, which he’d need to to become a good basketball player...imo.
Agree on the 3s. He needs to work on his free throws too. Disagree on the rest. I just think he is played to sporadically, but when he plays he puts up numbers. He pressures himself and yes he makes mistakes, but what does Terry have to lose now? It was he that said Stroud has the most potential on this team. Also Terry never does anything to utilize his players strengths and with Stroud's athleticism, that is a waste. Just my 2 cents.

This whole year is a heartache. Nothing to be happy about. The hype on the quality of the players coming in has fizzled down to nothing. Terry has proven that he has nothing to offer as a Division 1 coach. There is no continuity with any offensive or defensive schemes, careless unforced turnovers, no evidence of any set plays, horrible choices on who plays and who doesn't. There is talk about mass exodus, but losing losers is not losing, IMO. I see no reason to expect anything but sinking further into Oblivion in the years to come. There has been no measurable improvement over last year's debacle even with the highly touted newcomers. This team can shoot freebies, but they don't know how to draw fouls.
Dinner and a movie would have much more gratifying.

Reactions: axingfools1
After giving this some thought, I'm actually really digging Terry's strategy. Let's face it, after the Hawaii game, whatever minuscule chance we had at an at large was gone. So why exert yourself? Why put a whole bunch of plays on tape for other coaches to figure out? We've got everyone right right where we want them. Saving it all for the tournament.

Hate to say it but I don’t know if I give a damn about Utep men’s basketball or football any more,
Both coaches need to be replaced, which we all know won’t happen. We were fooled by Terry and just cheated out of a real football coach in Dimel.
Feel ya dawg! Indifference is the enemy, and I’m sure a lot of us are already there.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
After giving this some thought, I'm actually really digging Terry's strategy. Let's face it, after the Hawaii game, whatever minuscule chance we had at an at large was gone. So why exert yourself? Why put a whole bunch of plays on tape for other coaches to figure out? We've got everyone right right where we want them. Saving it all for the tournament.
I'm not sure if this is sarcasm, I'll assume it isn't. With that said, he needs to get into the conference tournament for this strategy to work

Senter has really f..ed things up. We have 2 mens coaches making $700k with 3 years left on their contracts. At least one of these failures is going to be here 4 or 5 years.
CRT will make progress. Coaches have bad years when things look great on paper. '79 Miners had good players with Roshern Aime but vastly underachieved. Haskins turned it around within two years and the rest is unforgettable history.

Dimel needs a miracle. He is switching to a 4-3 and defenses take at least two years to develop and has two untested qb's fighting for top spot coming into the spring. His HC record does not back up his narrative he says on the radio. He needed more time here, needed more time there and now needs five years at UTEP.

I actually do agree. He has yelled at fans in the stands twice this year too, not a good look and not professional.
You saw him yelling UTEP fans twice? Or is it three times if we count the Denton mental breakdown he had.

Reactions: picks up
You saw him yelling UTEP fans twice? Or is it three times if we count the Denton mental breakdown he had.
The first time, I heard on the post game show that he had yelled back at a fan at the Don and the other was in Denton.

Reactions: JCorona
Let's hear about this Denton breakdown
It wasn't a big deal. We had a huge support group behind the UTEP bench. During the 1st half one of the UTEP fans yelled something to Terry. In the middle of the game he looks back at that fan and yells at him to shut up. All of us were looking at each other trying to figure out what was said. It shows a lack of focus and a weak mentality by Terry. Kind of what he’s accusing his players of.

It wasn't a big deal. We had a huge support group behind the UTEP bench. During the 1st half one of the UTEP fans yelled something to Terry. In the middle of the game he looks back at that fan and yells at him to shut up. All of us were looking at each other trying to figure out what was said. It shows a lack of focus and a weak mentality by Terry. Kind of what he’s accusing his players of.
It's possible (I have absolutely no evidence for this; I'm just floating the possibility) that the fan yelled something bad at one of the players, and Terry told the fan to shut up to protect his players.

Reactions: picks up
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT