ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP at UNT loss thread

After watching the Miners through 3/4 of the season it’s very clear the team has regressed. Getting dominated by bad and mediocre CUSA teams is Not improvement. Again, most of us have pointed out the issues are with coaching. The continuous careless mistakes and self destructive mode is an indicator this team lacks discipline. You can’t win at any level when you keep shooting yourself in the foot.

What’s the solution for next year? Besides the obvious that won’t happen.

If Dimel is here, which unfortunately I think he will, things will be worse.
There is no fcs opponent next year. It will get worse. He doesnt know what hes doing. This is the most pissed I've ever been about UTEP athletics. How Senter has been allowed to completely destroy this program is maddening.

How about a new offensive coordinator, new offensive line coach, and a change in the offensive scheme? A decent QB or defensive lineman that could pressure the QB could go a long way in instilling some hope for next year. If major changes aren't made then it will be more of the same.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
How about a new offensive coordinator, new offensive line coach, and a change in the offensive scheme? A decent QB or defensive lineman that could pressure the QB could go a long way in instilling some hope for next year. If major changes aren't made then it will be more of the same.

Here's the problem. No young offensive coach is going to want to join Dimel's staff. They're going to take one look at his record as a head coach and pass because joining Dimel's staff is like boarding the titanic. The only coaches we can get are going to be failed retreads like we have now. This is why you dont hire Dimel in the first place.

A UNT fan said we need to find another Mike Price. His suggestion is Rich Rodriguez. I love it. The Hispanic last name might be enough to lure in some extra casuals.

A UNT fan said we need to find another Mike Price. His suggestion is Rich Rodriguez. I love it. The Hispanic last name might be enough to lure in some extra casuals.

Rich has had a rough time at ole miss this year. That entire staff is likely to be fired after the egg bowl.

Rodriguez has failed in his last few stops but would be a huge upgrade over Dimmel. Most fan bases, like 100 out of 130 or something FBS programs would be right to be angry about a Rich Rodriguez hire, but for us that would be awesome.

Now if we have no choice but to keep Dimmel. I say we hire some young, 20 something year old coordinator who would be more than happy to take a very tough job but make six figures at the same time. If he succeeds here come the great jobs, if he fails he goes back to where he was before UTEP. No harm, no foul.

Reactions: minermaniac2023
Hell after we fired Kugler we could hired Bielema who would have been a huge upgrade. His tenure at Arkansas doesnt look that bad when you compare it to what Chad Morris has done there.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I say we start having ushers at the next home games pass out collection platers. Cause Gods knows he’s the only one that can help this team.
If we all give our offerings we might be able to get rid of Dimiel, Canales, and Cox.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT