ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP - Berkeley Game

Ever since seeing the start time I've wondered who in the hell is responsible for this schedule. I want to watch, and would if I still lived in San Diego, but in San Antonio this game will end at 1:30 or later. There's just no way. If we win I'll end up watching the recording on YouTube TV.

ITEP 83
Cal 76

Last edited:
Ever since seeing the start time I've wondered who in the hell is responsible for this schedule. I want to watch, and would if I still lives in San Diego, but in San Antonio this game will end at 1:30 or later. There's just no way. If we win I'll end up watching the recording on YouTube TV.

ITEP 83
Cal 76
I'm going to record it. I'll watch in the morning, win or lose.

So they said they games pushed back 30 mins. Who’s still up and watching? Lol. I myself am. I think even with cal’s record their talent is probably better than ours. Remember how everyone bashed Golding recruiting, they’re not highly rated, so I’m sure cal has better players. I won’t be disappointed if they lose their first game together on the road. I think it’ll be a close one but I’m optimistic. Go Miners!

UTEP 75
Cal 70

Aimaq should be a problem. Was a monster for Madsen at UVU. Hoping for the upset though.

And by upset I mean over a P6 team even though we are favored. Madsen has UVU 28-9 last season.

UTEP is well prepared for what Cal is trying to do. Those forced turnovers are calculated within the system and game plan.

Is the court smaller than a ncaa court or is utep’s defense just that suffocating right now?

Madsen out coaching Golding early.

Poor spacing by UTEP in the half court, Golding has to adjust now or Cal is gonna

If we can get turnovers and transition baskets, we're really good. If we're forced to play a half court game, we're going to struggle.

If we can get turnovers and transition baskets, we're really good. If we're forced to play a half court game, we're going to struggle.
UTEP has elite speed and quickness but low-major size on the wings and block, that is probably in every scouting report so far

Reactions: Lil_Train
We really need to keep shooting well from beyond the arc. Their interior offense/defense is better. I still think we win this but it will be tough. Need to go into the half with the lead.

O
Madsen out coaching Golding early.

Poor spacing by UTEP in the half court, Golding has to adjust now or Cal is gonna
He adjusted by bringing Hamilton in to play more four out with a big down low at all times but need to utilize the wings more with those ball screens, Madsen is taking away the middle when there are too many bodies in the key with those screens and they are not really working.

His adjustment should create more ISO and driving opps for Hardy and Powell, not a bad adjustment but that last turnover was terrible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT