ADVERTISEMENT

Utep could still sign another forward

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
We know Floyd is going to recruit another guard maybe even 2, but won't be surprised if a forward is signed as well and right now that name is leaning toward Melvin Frazier 6-7 with long arms and is more of a defensive stopper right noe, but would be a great addition and is a 3 star and in some publications a 4 star and one of the top fowards in the country. Let's Rebuild Quick Floyd!

Melvin Frazier has narrowed his list to Arkansas, LSU, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State.
This post was edited on 4/14 11:15 AM by kickballpro

Well Crap! Hey no one's said n e thing but we could use some front court help and that Thorne JR guy from Charlotte that always has a double double against Utep is available immediately after transferring

Originally posted by nattybry:
Well Crap! Hey no one's said n e thing but we could use some front court help and that Thorne JR guy from Charlotte that always has a double double against Utep is available immediately after transferring
When players transfer they usually aren't allowed to transfer within the conference. Thorne is getting huge offers: Kansas, Pitt, Kentucky. I doubt any mid major has a chance with him

Oh ok I didn't know that oh well it woulda been nice. I'm grasping for straws at this point for next year

Real quiet on the recruiting front. A lot of players are waiting for the dominos to fall to see if they can move up the prestige ladder. Every player that declares moves someone else up the ladder. My guess is we won't have any announcements until late in the signing period if at all.

There's no if it all... there will be signed players for sure, thats a fact and why the coaches are put there making offers! There's news on recruits, u just have to look

Originally posted by nattybry:
There's no if it all... there will be signed players for sure, thats a fact and why the coaches are put there making offers! There's news on recruits, u just have to look
True enough. But there is no doubt that the field is thinning out on a daily basis at this point. It'd be preferable to get some of the guys higher on our list, as opposed to the opposite. The longer it takes to fill out our class, the more we will have to settle on the lower rungs of the ladder. No news is not good news in this situation. Unless we get lucky and land a Speedy Smith type (who only had one offer), which I hold out to be entirely possible, just not likely.

The late/regular signing period is weird. You have guys that are kinda middle of the road players that get tons of play from the larger schools. guys that would normally be mid-major guys are able to land scholies at major schools. Hopefully, McSwiggin signs with us but most of the recruits our coaches are high on are looking elsewhere right now. I'm looking at all the info right now and we are going to be grasping at straws if we sign anyone other than McSwaggin.

NBA NCAA Rule

There should be a new rule in place that a college basketball player cannot leave college for the NBA before his junior year, at least he would have to play three years of college before going pro. I think that scenarios like Vince Hunter hurt colleges big time, specially mid majors.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT