ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP LA Tech Game Thread

If you’re going to bleed the clock, bleed the clock. There were several times they snapped the ball with 10+, 6, 7, seconds still on the play clock. If you’re just going to hand off or do the dumb Brownholtz plays, snap it at 1 or 2. I believe one of the time outs they took, there was still 15 seconds on the play clock. Why not take it 10 seconds later?
I agree and even mentioned it during the game. It was a weird way of running the clock

I don't think it has anything to do with running up the score or Dimel hate... more a concern about slowing down too soon and predictable playcalling that could bite us eventually.

The defense was lights out against LA Tech but FAU at their place, UTSA, UAB on the road won't be a lock to shut down.

I see the argument that slowing the game down helps our defense stay fresh... doesn't mean you run into a wall three plays in a row just to bleed clock. There has to be a better type of ball control offense we could be running.
Precisely this. Score doesn’t matter to me either, other than we have more than the opposition. However, I don’t think a 14-0 lead in the 1st quarter is safe, nor is a 16-3 lead at halftime safe. I didn’t feel the lead was safe until mid way through the 4th.

I didn’t even see one poster talk about running up score, but rather the offense shutting it down so early. Nothing more, nothing less.

Precisely this. Score doesn’t matter to me either, other than we have more than the opposition. However, I don’t think a 14-0 lead in the 1st quarter is safe, nor is a 16-3 lead at halftime safe. I didn’t feel the lead was safe until mid way through the 4th.

I didn’t even see one poster talk about running up score, but rather the offense shutting it down so early. Nothing more, nothing less.
Right. All the “haters”, “Debbie Downers”, “Negative Nancys”, and “mad” people are saying this. Not really complaining that we didn’t beat LaTech 45-3. In retrospect, I would have liked to see UTEP beat Bethune Cookman with a score like that.

UTEP is a lot better than previous years, but they could be more improved, with a few, simple coaching tweaks. If we all know he’s going to run the ball 3 straight times; what do you think the guy making $100,000s on the other team thinks Dimel is going to run?

Right. All the “haters”, “Debbie Downers”, “Negative Nancys”, and “mad” people are saying this. Not really complaining that we didn’t beat LaTech 45-3. In retrospect, I would have liked to see UTEP beat Bethune Cookman with a score like that.

UTEP is a lot better than previous years, but they could be more improved, with a few, simple coaching tweaks. If we all know he’s going to run the ball 3 straight times; what do you think the guy making $100,000s on the other team thinks Dimel is going to run?
I agree with this 100%. UTEP offense showed efficiency with our first two drives. This team could be really good if we played 60 minutes on both sides of the ball.

No, I"m bitching because I hate his "participation trophy" approach to offensive play calling. Dismel has good talent on this team but HE - DISMEL himself - plays to "not lose" instead of instilling a KILLER mentatility and destroying these fvcking team we *should* destroy.

When was the last time we won 62 - 10 instead of losing 77 - 3?

We have talent on this team to fvck up other teams and get noticed. Liked WIN a bowl fvcking noticed, not just lost the "who gives a ****" bowl 45 - 3 type talent.

But we don't have a coach who will instill the "fvck 'em up" attitude needed to win the conference and a bowl game.
There's at least one...

Price's teams were fuc*ing up opponents and still lost 45-3 in their bowl game against a G5 team.

There's at least one...

Price's teams were fuc*ing up opponents and still lost 45-3 in their bowl game against a G5 team.

So you pick out ONE post to show me up as someone advocating for running up the score. Nice try.

Saying we could do it is one thing. Advocating for it is another. If you'd take my posts collectively and in context, you'd comprehend that I'm saying that we should not play to "not lose" but rather play to win. Nowhere in there am I saying we should run up the score on anyone. But we need to score enough to put away teams. Not give them room to catch us and beat us. Enough to be respected.

The fact that Dismel slams on the brakes when we have a four point lead is why I am not convinced that we will make it to and win in a bowl game no matter how shitty the bowl nor how shitty our opponent. We don't play to win under Dismel. We play to not lose.

Thanks for continuing to try to make me out to be an asshole. Have a nice day, Mr. Corona.

So you pick out ONE post to show me up as someone advocating for running up the score. Nice try.

Saying we could do it is one thing. Advocating for it is another. If you'd take my posts collectively and in context, you'd comprehend that I'm saying that we should not play to "not lose" but rather play to win. Nowhere in there am I saying we should run up the score on anyone. But we need to score enough to put away teams. Not give them room to catch us and beat us. Enough to be respected.

The fact that Dismel slams on the brakes when we have a four point lead is why I am not convinced that we will make it to and win in a bowl game no matter how shitty the bowl nor how shitty our opponent. We don't play to win under Dismel. We play to not lose.

Thanks for continuing to try to make me out to be an asshole. Have a nice day, Mr. Corona.
You too man. Hopefully next time you keep your word. I'll dig up the comment if I feel like it but you said you would stop calling him Dismel if he beat LA Tech. Done. Now keep your end of the deal.

You too man. Hopefully next time you keep your word. I'll dig up the comment if I feel like it but you said you would stop calling him Dismel if he beat LA Tech. Done. Now keep your end of the deal.

Nope. I said I'd quit calling him Dismel if he beat La. Tech *and* UTSA.

You like finding posts to make people out to be assholes, how about doing less of that and being more honest.

Imo anyone that predicted UTEP to lose 42-17 to LT then complains that were not destroying them sounds like an as* all on their own.

Talk shit for years but can't give the man proper credit when they're proved wrong.

Imo anyone that predicted UTEP to lose 42-17 to LT then complains that were not destroying them sounds like an as* all on their own.

Talk shit for years but can't give the man proper credit when they're proved wrong.

So it seems you've also missed my post from after the La. Tech win where I said that I now believe we'll win at least two more games. Trying to give the man a little credit there.

But whatever, man. I know you're not interested in fair play amongst 'diggers. Your only interest is in building yourself up and making yourself out to be better than everyone else here. You're the bestest fan here. You're the smartest and most knowledgable fan here. You're the only one here giving Dismel any credit.

Cool. You do you, man.

So it seems you've also missed my post from after the La. Tech win where I said that I now believe we'll win at least two more games. Trying to give the man a little credit there.

But whatever, man. I know you're not interested in fair play amongst 'diggers. Your only interest is in building yourself up and making yourself out to be better than everyone else here. You're the bestest fan here. You're the smartest and most knowledgable fan here. You're the only one here giving Dismel any credit.

Cool. You do you, man.
I saw that post. I'm glad you're finally seeing he is not as bad as a coach as people want to make him be.

Meet me in person then say all you want. Those who know me know I bleed orange. I dish it and have no problem receiving it back.

I was extremely critical of Dimel. I talked shit about him. The fair thing to do is eat crow and give him due credit without having to add "but" he has to do this or he has to do that. You predicted 1-11 and are now saying 8 wins. Isn't that impressive on it's own?

Not flaming here; however, the "tweaks" that you ask for do exist, they are called "audibles". Hardison has reign to do an audible, however, handing off to Flores for a 2 to three yarder is a head scratcher when a db is playing off Cowing or Garrett. 3rd and 3 is much better than 3rd and 6 because now the lb's have to be honest, you can try to draw the D offsides (UTEP did that once that kept a time killing drive going on Saturday), quick slant, bootleg, etc..

I saw that post. I'm glad you're finally seeing he is not as bad as a coach as people want to make him be.

Meet me in person then say all you want. Those who know me know I bleed orange. I dish it and have no problem receiving it back.

I was extremely critical of Dimel. I talked shit about him. The fair thing to do is eat crow and give him due credit without having to add "but" he has to do this or he has to do that. You predicted 1-11 and are now saying 8 wins. Isn't that impressive on it's own?

I said 1-11 until he proves differently. Ok, "differently" has arrived. Still, we've beaten the shittiest of the shitty and one team, La. Tech, that is maybe a little better than that. As I told my neighbor Saturday night, a win over La. Tech would show that we're a little better than "among the better of the shittiest" teams. Well, we won. Good. But I'm not going to -- and I'll use your word here -- "praise" Dismel for what he's done so far. Give him credit, yes. "Praise" him, no.

As for your "cash me ousside, how bow dah" no thanks. I'm far too old to be meeting anyone outside for fisticuffs. You can just consider yourself the fisticuffs champion and pretend you beat the living shit out of me.

Again, cool. You do you.

I said 1-11 until he proves differently. Ok, "differently" has arrived. Still, we've beaten the shittiest of the shitty and one team, La. Tech, that is maybe a little better than that. As I told my neighbor Saturday night, a win over La. Tech would show that we're a little better than "among the better of the shittiest" teams. Well, we won. Good. But I'm not going to -- and I'll use your word here -- "praise" Dismel for what he's done so far. Give him credit, yes. "Praise" him, no.

As for your "cash me ousside, how bow dah" no thanks. I'm far too old to be meeting anyone outside for fisticuffs. You can just consider yourself the fisticuffs champion and pretend you beat the living shit out of me.

Again, cool. You do you.
Four years ago we couldn't beat an FCS team or the shitty teams on our schedule. As a matter of fact even our best teams are filled with shitty wins with one or tops two good wins.

No one wants to fight you, fighting grandpa lol. Simply saying that if you met me in person you wouldn't describe me the way you did. Not cuz I'm an intimidating guy, I'm not, but because I speak UTEP sports with a level head. No sugar coating or overly critical.

I honestly don't want to continue Internet arguing with you. Just had to call out that post.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
I think if you two had a beer together, either before or after a game, you’d find some some common ground.

I can vouch for jcorona. Nice guy who bleeds orange. Even though I’ve not met him in person, TXRoadKiller seems similar to me.

You both are hardcore fans who seem to want the same thing ultimately. Cheers to being 6-1.

I think if you two had a beer together, either before or after a game, you’d find some some common ground.

I can vouch for jcorona. Nice guy who bleeds orange. Even though I’ve not met him in person, TXRoadKiller seems similar to me.

You both are hardcore fans who seem to want the same thing ultimately. Cheers to being 6-1.
How about me brother?

If you’re going to bleed the clock, bleed the clock. There were several times they snapped the ball with 10+, 6, 7, seconds still on the play clock. If you’re just going to hand off or do the dumb Brownholtz plays, snap it at 1 or 2. I believe one of the time outs they took, there was still 15 seconds on the play clock. Why not take it 10 seconds later?
Also, why takes timeouts when there's still time on the play clock if they're trying to run out the clock? I noticed on one timeout there were still 17 seconds left on the play clock(with the game clock running). Run it down to 1 second then call timeout. A second timeout was called with 8 seconds still on the play clock.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT