ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP @ MTSU

Would’ve been nice to cut the lead to 10 going into the half. Agnew with a wide open look. Back to his usual self after a sizzling night from behind the arc on Saturday.

It's still early but I wonder how this game would have looked if it was played when it was supposed to.
We had a slow start in conference play, but since then have won 8 of 10. You would have thought that playing them now would be to our advantage vice playing them then. Of course, they're on a nice streak of their own. Tonight they're hot, we're not, and we can't get any stops. So far it's not our night. Let's hope that we can turn things around in the 2nd half.

So far we've had some nice plays in the paint offensively. If we can keep that up and get some stops we can be back in this thing

Reactions: Lil_Train
I don’t get how we step out of bounds, or are standing out of bounds when we receive the pass, so damn often. That used to not be a thing. I see it in cbb all the time now. Attention to detail?!?

Terrible camera work. For like the 5th time the camera doesn’t pan over enough to see the end result.

Observations:

* MTSU can shoot.
* No need for our center to guard at the top of the key. This just leads to problems on the pick and roll. Sag back unless their 6’10 center is a 3 point threat.
* Bienemy needs to be a more consistent scoring threat.
* Three road games in five days is wrong.
* Agnew is our R. Westbrook

Reactions: MinerManiac
No need for our center to guard at the top of the key. This just leads to problems on the pick and roll. Sag back unless their 6’10 center is a 3 point threat.

agree 100%

Reactions: MinerManiac
Well we were due for a hiccup. I would take winning 2 out of 3 conservative road games any day. I'm looking forward to finally having another home game

Well if we hit 50% from 3 we would be headed to overtime!

Our perimeter D has been exposed now twice in the past 4 games. Let see what Golding says about this

Gotta admit, their D was better than ours. But their road trip was easier than ours with FIU and a fading FAU.
We didn't have a lot of pep.
That's why I wondered how the game would have gone if played when scheduled. They still hadn't found themselves and weren't playing like a top team in the league. Also a big deal was playing our first 3 game road trip in 5 days since 1984.

Reactions: groundrounds
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT