ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP @ MTSU

Back to earth! This team still has alot of issues, but is capable of beating anyone on a neutral Court. However can easily lose to any team as well!! 1st year coach issues to be expected I guess. Tonight was not a good outing, but went 2-1 that's all u can ask!

Reactions: FeralFelidae
Before tonight I liked the idea of that matchup. I think MTSU has taken over LaTech and is top 3, maybe even top 2 in CUSA. Well coached team that works hard on the court.
I agree, I would rather get LAT. Those MTSU guards are a very tough cover. I think Josh Jefferson could be the best guard in the league. He really didn't score much today, but he got into the lane frequently defeating the UTEP defense.

I couldn't get CUSA TV to work on my computer so I watched the Miner App. Shoot me if I ever have to do it again. The audio is aweful. They had the audience mic right by the kick drum. Stoooopid!!!
When I took audio engineering at UTEP in the 80s, we had a lot more brains!
I don't known if it's just me or do you have to keep the app open to listen to the feed? Anytime I would switch over to Digs to post a comment the audio was lost. It's very annoying that it doesn't let you listen in the background and comment on here at the same time.

I agree, I would rather get LAT. Those MTSU guards are a very tough cover. I think Josh Jefferson could be the best guard in the league. He really didn't score much today, but he got into the lane frequently defeating the UTEP defense.
Only problem is that doesn't seem to be an option. Even if we drop to the 5th seed we're looking at UNT in the quarterfinals. MTSU has a commading lead in the east and the only ones that could potentially dethrone them is a surging WKU.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Today was my first time trying the app because I wanted to delay the Teich feed to match the video. So that didn't work because I couldn't get CUSA TV on my computer to work even after resetting my password.
But I got to watch it on the app at least, but the audio was terrible.
That's a lot of work to watch a loss.
I've got a few days to fix it all before the next game. But, Grrrrrrr!!!!!

I don't known if it's just me or do you have to keep the app open to listen to the feed? Anytime I would switch over to Digs to post a comment the audio was lost. It's very annoying that it doesn't let you listen in the background and comment on here at the same time.
Right. My hope was to watch it on my computer and listen on my phone and adjust the latency to try to sync it. Somebody on this site said it's possible. After trying it, I'm not so sure.

If I listen to the game I go to krod.com. you can multitask from there.

It'll be good to get little KK back. The dude can board.
He sure can. We have pretty solid rebounding guards. Would be nice if our front court would chip in a bit more. I think TV only averages like 4 1/2 boards a game. At 6’9”, 235. In 25 minutes of pt per night.

Reactions: MinerManiac
He sure can. We have pretty solid rebounding guards. Would be nice if our front court would chip in a bit more. I think TV only averages like 4 1/2 boards a game. At 6’9”, 235. In 25 minutes of pt per night.
Yep, unfortunately I don't really see TV as a guy who will become anything more than an average rebounder due to his limited athleticsm. This is an area that I am hoping Golding addresses going into next year. A mobile, athletic guy like Moore from USM would work very well in Golding's defense.

I'm hearing KK could be back with some low minutes against UAB next Sat and get ramped up gradually the last 2 games in time for a full work load of he has no set backs by conference tournament.

Tydus, Sibley, Hollins, Z and big KK with 12 rebounds. Boum with 9 rebounds. Our bigs are often out of position when shots go up because of the defense we play. I'm not sure this will change
Looking a little deeper into it, those 5 guys combined for 76 minutes to Boum’s 38. In double the amount of minutes played, they only managed 3 more rebounds than Souley. Height obviously isn’t everything, but of those 5, only Hollins is less than 4 inches taller than Boum. Boum also led us in rebounds against LaTech and nearly doubled up on the guy with the next most boards. That’s not good.

Looking a little deeper into it, those 5 guys combined for 76 minutes to Boum’s 38. In double the amount of minutes played, they only managed 3 more rebounds than Souley. Height obviously isn’t everything, but of those 5, only Hollins is less than 4 inches taller than Boum. Boum also led us in rebounds against LaTech and nearly doubled up on the guy with the next most boards. That’s not good.
Only 3 offensive rebounds as well. That's an area where you need to attack a team like MTSU. Also, we only forced 8 turnovers. Again, that's not going to work with this type of defense.

Only 3 offensive rebounds as well. That's an area where you need to attack a team like MTSU. Also, we only forced 8 turnovers. Again, that's not going to work with this type of defense.
Yeah, that’s kind of our bread and butter. We usually win the TO battle. If we’re not gonna out rebound other teams, we gotta force more turnovers than we commit…especially when we’re struggling from the floor.

As bad as we are on the defensive boards, I have no hope that we are gonna clean up the offensive glass…at least with any consistency.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT