ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP/Tennessee Game Thread

Still scratching my head with the amount of penalties committed by our o line.

Honestly thought Dimel would bring in some discipline and heady play. So far, I’ve been wayyy wrong.

Penalties again. I think this defense may be able to compete with NMSU. Can the offense? Not if they don't fix the penalties. Either way. Gotta hand it to the defense

Losing 10-0 at half in front of 100,000 fans is a victory in my book. They have fought hard and cannot beat an elite SEC team. Maybe next year

This offense is a BOMB so far. Something has to change. Something else needs to click. Has Wadley even played in the 2nd quarter?

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Still scratching my head with the amount of penalties committed by our o line.

Honestly thought Dimel would bring in some discipline and heady play. So far, I’ve been wayyy wrong.
For a team with absolutely no room for error, the penalties have been horrific. A sign of poor coaching, and lack of discipline on the part of the players. The really bad part is that it hasn't gotten better in game 3.

This offense is a BOMB so far. Something has to change. Something else needs to click. Has Wadley even played in the 2nd quarter?

That is baffling. I don’t get why they remove their best offensive player for stretches at a time. But I wonder what they can chance offensively. You can’t make the OL better, you’re WRs aren’t going to magically run better routes and get separation. You know?

Reactions: axingfools1
For a team with absolutely no room for error, the penalties have been horrific. A sign of poor coaching, and lack of discipline on the part of the players. The really bad part is that it hasn't gotten better in game 3.

Exactly. The complete opposite of what you see with a KSU team. Was hoping Dimel would bring some of that fundamental fb with him.

Reactions: Lil_Train
That is baffling. I don’t get why they remove their best offensive player for stretches at a time. But I wonder what they can chance offensively. You can’t make the OL better, you’re WRs aren’t going to magically run better routes and get separation. You know?

The recievers have been open today. Locksley simply cant happen. They've got to pull Locksley.

Reactions: axingfools1
We had 2 receivers open deep. Either one a potential TD. If we hit one its a different game. As bad as our offense is playing, Tennessee is playing horribly as well. Somehow we just need a little momentum, but thats virtually impossible with all the penalties.

While the score is only 10-0 this game could easily be 28-0 or worse. We’ve had a lot of breaks on the defensive side that have gone our way that is keeping the score respectable. The offense needs to stop hurting themselves with pre snap penalties. Also need to get a drive going for a score on the opening second half to keep hanging around in this game.

Down 10-0 in SEC country in the half. That has to be a plus. Question: Does this make anyone feel any better about playing NMSU next week?

Definitely a plus only being down 10-0 at the half. Certainly not complaining about the result thus far, but the penalties, missed opportunities and play calling...

Does anyone think our offense is one iota better than last year? If we anything at all on offense we'd have a chance to win a game here and there. We ain't got NUTHIN!

Agree. Normally a 10-0 score against SEC would be encouraging. Unfortunally Tennesse will play better in second half and UTEP only has one weapon.., Wadley. Need to play him more. Locksley is one trick pony. Will get sacked 5 times in second half.

2&4 and we pass twice instead of using Wadley or Hughes our best offensive weapons.

Neither Beverly nor Lewis went for feet on that run. Both were in range. Frustrating

Easy td wide open wadley and Lockley cant hit him. How much more of this do they need to see.

Who do you want to play instead?

At this point anyone. I've seen Locksley play for three games hes not a qb. He cant make simple throws. His accuracy is horrible. His mechanics are horrible. He's not a qb plain and simple.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT