ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs ODU

And to think that just a year ago we had these guys beat.
"Goodbye to Romance". Sorry, I feel this low like when I heard of my childhood idol Randy Rhoades (and Stevie Ray) passing. UTEP bball will never be the same.

I think PT would be a sixth or seventh man on a decent team. He simply isn't consistent on either end to be a guy who would get starter minutes. I actually think Gilyard can be ok, perhaps a starter level guy, but his size limits him. Plus, he has no clue how to run a team. Smith lacks the quickness or explosion physically which limits his ceiling, but he could also be a potential starter guy. To me Wade may be the biggest disappointment based on the Floyd hype. If Wade had come in with attitude of being a defensive stopper, similar to Stefon Jackson as a freshman, he would have ended up playing much more. I'm not sure I see him or Osborne as guys who are tough enough to will a team to win. We need guys who are bothered when they lose, and show leadership. I just don't see it.

You been hating on the new guys all year smh. Goofy Looking and constant fouling PT would barley see playing time playing as undersized PF on a good team. You are judging under class men (mostly freshman) playing for a interm head coach who has no idea what he doing. Wade a freshman sg playing backup pf for terrible coach. We all know and seen his potential and he wasn't recruited to be a defense stopper. His defense is not even that bad when you 2nd on the team in blocks and tied for forth in steals and playing out position. The head coach bailed on this team and the upper classmen who were supposed step up and show leadership didn’t.

You been hating on the new guys all year smh. Goofy Looking and constant fouling PT would barley see playing time playing as undersized PF on a good team. You are judging under class men (mostly freshman) playing for a interm head coach who has no idea what he doing. Wade a freshman sg playing backup pf for terrible coach. We all know and seen his potential and he wasn't recruited to be a defense stopper. His defense is not even that bad when you 2nd on the team in blocks and tied for forth in steals and playing out position. The head coach bailed on this team and the upper classmen who were supposed step up and show leadership didn’t.

And your point is???????

Maybe we were all brainwashed thinking that what is on the floor is 'talent.' I'm ready to see new guys, a new coach, and a new system. If you're scoring 33 points in 40 minutes at this level, you're not good.

Some of us were around to see the sensational sixties, the super seventies, the excellent eighties, the gnarly and nasty nineties, and the gradual decline in the last couple of years to the embarrassing disgrace that we have now.
I'm guessing only a handful of us can truly appreciate what we used to have and the majority on this board only have an awareness of the history.
Jim Senter is in the same boat as some of you younger Diggers, but hopefully Jim is aware of the deep, deep pain we are suffering and is already involved in a cure. This is too much for this old man to endure.

Use to sit in the car and listen to the games when I couldn’t get it anywhere else, now hear two minutes and want to vomit. Just can’t handle the ineptitude of these Stull coaches. How could we fall so far. Again it makes me sick.

Reactions: miner1liner
Use to sit in the car and listen to the games when I couldn’t get it anywhere else, now hear two minutes and want to vomit. Just can’t handle the ineptitude of these Stull coaches. How could we fall so far. Again it makes me sick.
When I first moved to Dallas in 1977 there was no way to get the scores and the Dallas papers never had the scores the next day. It drove me nuts and I ended up calling on the phone for score updates or constantly checked ESPN.

When I first moved to Dallas in 1977 there was no way to get the scores and the Dallas papers never had the scores the next day. It drove me nuts and I ended up calling on the phone for score updates or constantly checked ESPN.

I can relate. I left EP pre-internet days. I would call Greg Simmons, or whoever was available, from KSAT 12 to get the scores.

Reactions: Minersympathizer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT