ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs Rice

MineroFanatico

MI Miner Maniac
Sep 11, 2015
Seems we gotta beat Rice tonight to secure the 4th seed in the west.

Would we rather go in as the 4 seed and play ODU then MTSU, or go in as the 5 seed and play Charlotte then UNT? Tough call. Road looks quite bumpy either way.

We got our asses handed to us by MT, whereas we hung tight with UNT even though we didn’t play especially well.

Seems we gotta beat Rice tonight to secure the 4th seed in the west.

Would we rather go in as the 4 seed and play ODU then MTSU, or go in as the 5 seed and play Charlotte then UNT? Tough call. Road looks quite bumpy either way.

We got our asses handed to us by MT, whereas we hung tight with UNT even though we didn’t play especially well.
I wouldn't mind MTSU on a neutral court.

Yeah, I think UTEP at MT the Miners were dragging somewhat with their 3rd road game in 5 days.
Miners have not done that since 1984 if I remember Teicher correctly?

This game is not going to be easy IMO as some may think, I hope to be wrong.

Rice can fill it up but their defense is atrocious we need to hit our open shots. I think with teams like RICE who really depend on the 3pt shot we give up some inside and keep them from hitting from three. Turning 3pts into 2pts scores could cut their points scored by 6 to 10 points which for them would be a killer.

Who do we have a better chance against, ODU or Charlotte? Seems like ODU is playing at another level than when we played them.

Reactions: groundrounds
I look for Boum to go crazy and drop 35 point on Rice..
Lets hope for 8K to witness this game and get 10K for Saturday..
With KK healthy again this could be his "glad to be back" game.
Miners goin' to be flyin' around tonight and could reach 100 pts ...

Reactions: axingfools1
I look for Boum to go crazy and drop 35 point on Rice..
Lets hope for 8K to witness this game and get 10K for Saturday..
With KK healthy again this could be his "glad to be back" game.
Miners goin' to be flyin' around tonight and could reach 100 pts ...
That would be nice!

Even with Olivari out, Rice is still a dangerous team. UTEP's perimeter defense has not been great as of late, and they've given up a higher percentage of three point shots. In Houston, Bieniemy got hot late in the game, and we were able to pull out the win. Hopefully, we will see that JB tonight. We don't want to see the team come out and play like they did with Marshall.

I look for Boum to go crazy and drop 35 point on Rice…………………..Could happen.
Lets hope for 8K to witness this game and get 10K for Saturday……Not going to happen.
With KK healthy again this could be his "glad to be back" game………Should happen.
Miners goin' to be flyin' around tonight and could reach 100 pts .…I’m against running up scores, but Rice, UTSA, ODU or USM I don’t mind.

Yep. We stopped playing after 10 minutes. Poor shot selection, and giving up offensive rebounds. Has a Marshall feel unfortunately.
Substitutions were a head scratcher by Golding? It’s March, you go with those get it done.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Gawd dammit. 3 Miners and Pierre under the rim. Pierre wins the rebound. Fight for the ****ing ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT