ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs USM Game Thread

Ot but all the excitement of the game completely made me forget about the Fury vs Wilder fight. Hopefully I can find a stream.

No matter who you were going for, that was a helluva fight.

http://crackstreams.biz/ worked extremely well tonight. No glitches, pauses, etc.
It was an awesome fight. Wilder looked like he was ready to be knocked out since the third but then it looked like would knock out Fury in the 4th. Around the 6th you got the feeling Wilder wasn't going to make it. He fought on heart from that point on.

It was an awesome fight. Wilder looked like he was ready to be knocked out since the third but then it looked like would knock out Fury in the 4th. Around the 6th you got the feeling Wilder wasn't going to make it. He fought on heart from that point on.
Agree. Great fight. Even with that feeling, both guys were a punch away from ending it. Fury is a bad man!

Agree. Great fight. Even with that feeling, both guys were a punch away from ending it. Fury is a bad man!
Put your money on Usyk against him. I have been watching Usyk for 10 years now, and this guy is the real deal. You will get great odds as he will be the underdog. I got plus 250 against Joshua with him, and the rematch will be no different.

There is no way that Fury wants to get down in weight and train that hard to fight a guy like Usyk. Joe Joyce will be the next guy that will give Usyk fits, but Usyk looks to be the best heavyweight out there.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Put your money on Usyk against him. I have been watching Usyk for 10 years now, and this guy is the real deal. You will get great odds as he will be the underdog. I got plus 250 against Joshua with him, and the rematch will be no different.

There is no way that Fury wants to get down in weight and train that hard to fight a guy like Usyk. Joe Joyce will be the next guy that will give Usyk fits, but Usyk looks to be the best heavyweight out there.
Fury just has that knack to make fights difficult. Wilder is a tall guy but in the 2nd and third fights Fury constantly leaned on Wilder and wore him out in the clinch. You think a smaller guy like Usyk can deal with Fury constantly leaning on him in the clinch?

Last edited:
I see that the people complaining about me “complaining” about UTEP ticket prices are “too cheap” to buy boxing PPVs. Watching on illegal streams and Mexican TV. Guess it’s okay to not pay for something when it’s your money after all.

Reactions: kickballpro
I see that the people complaining about me “complaining” about UTEP ticket prices are “too cheap” to buy boxing PPVs. Watching on illegal streams and Mexican TV. Guess it’s okay to not pay for something when it’s your money after all.
Number one, you’re lumping everybody together and not everybody in those two sub-groups you mentioned, has “complained about you complaining” about ticket prices.

Number two, you’re obviously referring to the boxing match last night. Nobody who used an illegal service or watched on Mexican TV is on this forum complaining add nauseum about the cost of the fight. They just took action of some sort and rolled with it.

Not even in the same ballpark. Good try though.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
Number one, you’re lumping everybody together and not everybody in those two sub-groups you mentioned, has “complained about you complaining” about ticket prices.

Number two, you’re obviously referring to the boxing match last night. Nobody who used an illegal service or watched on Mexican TV is on this forum complaining add nauseum about the cost of the fight. They just took action of some sort and rolled with it.

Not even in the same ballpark. Good try though.

Corona said, “hopefully I can find a stream”. I guess he was hoping to find a stream to pay $80 then right? Not for free?

Corona said, “hopefully I can find a stream”. I guess he was hoping to find a stream to pay $80 then right? Not for free?
It wasn’t a “complaint” about prices. Nor was it add nauseum even if you took it as a complaint.

He merely suggested he hoped to find a stream. Dude you haven’t had your coffee yet, have you. Apples to oranges.

It wasn’t a “complaint” about prices. Nor was it add nauseum even if you took it as a complaint.

He merely suggested he hoped to find a stream. Dude you haven’t had your coffee yet, have you. Apples to oranges.
Because you and him are “cheap” PPV stealers, but El Pasoans can’t complain about UTEP tickets prices.

Because you and him are “cheap” PPV stealers, but El Pasoans can’t complain about UTEP tickets prices.
Ok NoWins. Fine. Not sure why you’re lumping me in there in this case because while I have complained about you constantly complaining about this or that, I don’t ever recall being part of the conversation about you not wanting to pay for UTEP tix. I may be one of the few posters who actually thinks you add value to the forum.

But if it makes you feel better, fire away.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
What I bring to attention is the one sided posting you do. The constant complaining without regard or mention of anything positive that does occur within the program. Of that, I’m guilty.

Reactions: MinerMambo
I admit that I'm too cheap to pay $80 for a 30 minute fight. I think PPV's are overpriced. Now $10-$12 to watch a 3 hr UTEP game, that's definitely worth it. 👌

Hell for the price of one ppv fight I could buy a season ticket to football and have spare change for a beer.

I'll even admit I'm too cheap to buy a $9 beer inside the game.

Come on $10-12 for a ticket to get inside, that's the cheapest price in the country for an FBS team and it's the same price D2 schools such as Angelo St charge. There's no denying that if you want to watch college football it doesn't get any cheaper in price than a UTEP game. That's a fact.

Last edited:
What I bring to attention is the one sided posting you do. The constant complaining without regard or mention of anything positive that does occur within the program. Of that, I’m guilty.
Up until now, there’s nothing positive to talk about football and basketball. Even then, the football team has beat teams with a combined 1 FBS win. Sorry, if I am not impressed with that yet!

Of course you're not. Unfortunately we can only play the teams on our schedule. It's not our fault the conference teams we played are going through a coaching change and haven't gotten it together. People in El Paso want to play the New Mexico schools. Once again not our fault they suck.

I admit that I'm too cheap to pay $80 for a 30 minute fight. I think PPV's are overpriced. Now $10-$12 to watch a 3 hr UTEP game, that's definitely worth it. 👌

Hell for the price of one ppv fight I could buy a season ticket to football and have spare change for a beer.

I'll even admit I'm too cheap to buy a $9 beer inside the game.

Come on $10-12 for a ticket to get inside, that's the cheapest price in the country for an FBS team and it's the same price D2 schools such as Angelo St charge. There's no denying that if you want to watch college football it doesn't get any cheaper in price than a UTEP game. That's a fact.
Tickets to LaTech start at $14 thanks to Senter because they’re a “premium” opponent. For $80 you get other undercard fights as well. Maybe if people didn’t steal the streams, they wouldn’t cost $80. Again, since you don’t seem to understand, I am not “upset” with $12 tickets, I am “upset” because they’re unjustified price hikes. If the ticket was $10 and next they’re $11 or $12, that’s fine because the team improved. They didn’t really improve the other 3 years, but prices still went up.

That’s what I have issues with. Same with basketball. No results, but still higher prices and calling NMSU a “premium” opponent.

Tickets to LaTech start at $14 thanks to Senter because they’re a “premium” opponent. For $80 you get other undercard fights as well. Maybe if people didn’t steal the streams, they wouldn’t cost $80. Again, since you don’t seem to understand, I am not “upset” with $12 tickets, I am “upset” because they’re unjustified price hikes. If the ticket was $10 and next they’re $11 or $12, that’s fine because the team improved. They didn’t really improve the other 3 years, but prices still went up.

That’s what I have issues with. Same with basketball. No results, but still higher prices and calling NMSU a “premium” opponent.
Even with the price hikes it's still cheaper than 95 - 99% of the FBS teams.

You still haven't explained why everything in El Paso is allowed to have unjustified price hikes but UTEP can't raise the price by $2. Same product now costs hundreds more in some cases, as Axingfools1 mentioned about his storage. Don't you think UTEP has to deal with price hikes too to pay their bills?

Up until now, there’s nothing positive to talk about football and basketball. Even then, the football team has beat teams with a combined 1 FBS win. Sorry, if I am not impressed with that yet!

I'm not impressed either. All we've proven is that instead of being the shittiest of the shitty, we're among the better of the shitty.

But that having been said, I'll take it! Go Miners!

I doubt anyone considers NMSU a "premium" opponent based on their performance. But they are a "premium" opponent from a rivalry perspective. They're our closest opponent. We probably all have a family member who went to NMSU. The are likely the school we most love to hate.

That is why tickets cost an extra dollar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lil_Train
You still haven't explained why everything in El Paso is allowed to have unjustified price hikes but UTEP can't raise the price by $2. Same product now costs hundreds more in some cases, as Axingfools1 mentioned about his storage. Don't you think UTEP has to deal with price hikes too to pay their bills?

UTEP layed off people last year. Have those positions been replaced?

I cannot speak to “everything” costing more in El Paso. That’s not really the subject we’re talking about on these boards. Maybe the KVIA comment section?

Unlike gas, milk, food, and other products, you do not need UTEP football tickets in order to live or feed your household.

UTEP layed off people last year. Have those positions been replaced?

I cannot speak to “everything” costing more in El Paso. That’s not really the subject we’re talking about on these boards. Maybe the KVIA comment section?

Unlike gas, milk, food, and other products, you do not need UTEP football tickets in order to live or feed your household.
UTEP needs to sell tickets and make money to survive.

If people go out to eat, the price of a taco plate is around $9 when a few years ago it was $5. Things go up in price deal with it or stay home. Like you do.

UTEP needs to sell tickets and make money to survive.

If people go out to eat, the price of a taco plate is around $9 when a few years ago it was $5. Things go up in price deal with it or stay home. Like you do.
Right. Consumers make their choices and they have decided UTEP isn’t worth their money right now. Not just people like me, it’s most of El Paso.

That just proves that even if tickets were cheaper they still wouldn't go. I don't blame Senter for not bankrupting UTEP trying to chase consumers that have made up their mind. Focus on your fans that want to be at the games.

That just proves that even if tickets were cheaper they still wouldn't go. I don't blame Senter for not bankrupting UTEP trying to chase consumers that have made up their mind. Focus on your fans that want to be at the games.
And that means raising prices on them. Eventually they will have enough and drive them away. Let’s beat LaTech, at least they’re a “respectable” team. If we lose by 4 touchdowns, then we have a barely decent team that is still a bad program.

And that means raising prices on them. Eventually they will have enough and drive them away. Let’s beat LaTech, at least they’re a “respectable” team. If we lose by 4 touchdowns, then we have a barely decent team that is still a bad program.
We raised prices and still offer the cheapest tickets to an FBS football game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT