ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs USM Game Thread

You can buy tickets to NMSU games against Utah St and UMass for $10. Guess you didn’t look at all.
Great deal 1-6 nmsu vs 1-5 umass for $10. God forbid we charge $2 more to watch a 5-1 UTEP. Believe it or not you can buy a UTEP ticket for $10 vs RICE.

Guess what? I just tried to buy that ticket for $10 but after fees it's 14.75. Yes even our premium prices are still cheaper. Since we don't charge fees.

Last edited:
Great deal 1-6 nmsu vs 1-5 umass for $10. God forbid we charge $2 more to watch a 5-1 UTEP. Believe it or not you can buy a UTEP ticket for $10 vs RICE.
Tickets for LaTech are $14. You said UTEP had the cheapest in FBS and I checked NMSUs and yup, cheaper.

Tickets for LaTech are $14. You said UTEP had the cheapest in FBS and I checked NMSUs and yup, cheaper.
Wrong. They cost 14.75. Yes a 5-1 team has cheaper tickets than a 1-6 team.

And if you want to watch UMass vs Rhode Island it's $30 after fees for the cheapest tickets. Quality football right there.

Last edited:
Wrong. They cost 14.75. Yes a 5-1 team has cheaper tickets than a 1-6 team.

And if you want to watch UMass vs Rhode Island it's $30 after fees for the cheapest tickets. Quality football right there.
You don’t pay fees if you buy them in person. UMass is near Boston. Want to look at the cost of living and compare it to El Paso? Things cost more in big cities.

You don’t pay fees if you buy them in person. UMass is near Boston. Want to look at the cost of living and compare it to El Paso? Things cost more in big cities.
So then it makes sense that our lowest priced ticket for a "premium" opponent is more than half off what they charge vs an FCS team.

Either way you can find 100 reasons why everyone is allowed to charge more than us but not one reason why our tickets are as low as they are.

So then it makes sense that our lowest priced ticket for a "premium" opponent is more than half off what they charge vs an FCS team.

Either way you can find 100 reasons why everyone is allowed to charge more than us but not one reason why our tickets are as low as they are.
LaTech is no “premium” opponent though. Not one person would be sad if we never played them again.

Our tickets are low, because it’s deserved and doesn’t warrant a high price. Win a bowl game, put together consecutive winning seasons, then you can charge more. 2 winning seasons every decade is shameful.

Don’t believe the argument should be about the price of tickets, but raising the price when there is no demand.
Why punish those who are attending? I don’t have a problem with the price they are charging, but question the thought process of raising them when you can’t sell them. Supply and Demand. Econ 101.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Don’t believe the argument should be about the price of tickets, but raising the price when there is no demand.
Why punish those who are attending? I don’t have a problem with the price they are charging, but question the thought process of raising them when you can’t sell them. Supply and Demand. Econ 101.
Exactly. Some just want to compare us to rich big cities and because it’s still cheaper, fans should just pay it.

I doubt anyone considers NMSU a "premium" opponent based on their performance. But they are a "premium" opponent from a rivalry perspective. They're our closest opponent. We probably all have a family member who went to NMSU. The are likely the school we move love to hate.

That is why tickets cost an extra dollar.
I get that, you’re not wrong. However, we have people like 2Step who claim they suck because they’re in the WAC and Minerforlife who claim UTSA is a bigger rival. So an ignorant part of the fan base don’t believe that NMSU is worthy of being our equal. Hard to call them a “premium” opponent.

Exactly. Some just want to compare us to rich big cities and because it’s still cheaper, fans should just pay it.
Like I said 100 reasons why to justify everyone's prices. USM is in a poor state like you said and they're 1-5 but they can charge $20 for their cheapest tickets. If we charge $10-$14 it's too much. Just can't win against you.

Like I said 100 reasons why to justify everyone's prices. USM is in a poor state like you said and they're 1-5 but they can charge $20 for their cheapest tickets. If we charge $10-$14 it's too much. Just can't win against you.
USM has a pedigree. I am also not aware of what they charged last year or before. If they suck this whole year and raise them next year, I’m sure they will have a part of their fan base who won’t like it and won’t go.

USM has a pedigree. I am also not aware of what they charged last year or before. If they suck this whole year and raise them next year, I’m sure they will have a part of their fan base who won’t like it and won’t go.
Always justifying everyone else and why they can charge almost double than us. It's been 10 years since they won a conference title.

Always justifying everyone else and why they can charge almost double than us. It's been 10 years since they won a conference title.
They also made 4 bowl games and had 5 winning seasons. Does Hattiesburg have a Top Golf? AAA baseball? What else is there to do there?

They also made 4 bowl games and had 5 winning seasons. Does Hattiesburg have a Top Golf? AAA baseball? What else is there to do there?
I don't know you're the Mississippi expert. Basically what you're saying is that UTEP was stupid back then before top golf and aaa baseball. They should have been charging $20 a ticket instead of $8. Pendejos.

• Haha
Reactions: MineroFanatico
I don't know you're the Mississippi expert. Basically what you're saying is that UTEP was stupid back then before top golf and aaa baseball. They should have been charging $20 a ticket instead of $8. Pendejos.
Well, if they would have raised the price by .25 every year, nobody would have complained.

I swear some of these back and forths.

al-al-bundy.gif

Fury just has that knack to make fights difficult. Wilder is a tall guy but in the 2nd and third fights Fury constantly leaned on Wilder and wore him out in the clinch. You think a smaller guy like Usyk can deal with Fury constantly leaning on him in the clinch?
Yes, because he stays inside and uses his weight. If he stayed on the outside, the Wilder fight would have been extremely easy. I don't think Fury was in the condition he needed to be to stay on the outside. He needed to get inside and rest. Wilder also was not in great shape as he was sucking air by the third round, as both fighters got heavier for this fight.

Usyk will not let Fury come inside as easy. His punches are extremely fast and hard for his size, and Fury may get peppered on the way in, especially if he thinks that the higher his weight is, the more advantage it is for him.

You have to be extremely alert when you stay on the outside, and in incredible shape. Usyk is very hard to tie up, and will move to his right, thus avoiding the big right. Fury will not be able to catch him and will get peppered every time he adjusts to hit him. Usyk will stop Joshua in this rematch, and then hopefully set up a huge fight with Fury. Not sure Fury will train like he needs to beat a guy like Usyk, and reduce his weight. Thus, why I like Usyk, who to me is pound for pound the best fighter out there.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Yes, because he stays inside and uses his weight. If he stayed on the outside, the Wilder fight would have been extremely easy. I don't think Fury was in the condition he needed to be to stay on the outside. He needed to get inside and rest. Wilder also was not in great shape as he was sucking air by the third round, as both fighters got heavier for this fight.

Usyk will not let Fury come inside as easy. His punches are extremely fast and hard for his size, and Fury may get peppered on the way in, especially if he thinks that the higher his weight is, the more advantage it is for him.

You have to be extremely alert when you stay on the outside, and in incredible shape. Usyk is very hard to tie up, and will move to his right, thus avoiding the big right. Fury will not be able to catch him and will get peppered every time he adjusts to hit him. Usyk will stop Joshua in this rematch, and then hopefully set up a huge fight with Fury. Not sure Fury will train like he needs to beat a guy like Usyk, and reduce his weight. Thus, why I like Usyk, who to me is pound for pound the best fighter out there.
It’s an intriguing fight. Fury has that weird style for a heavyweight since he is so tall and has really good upper body movement. But I agree Fury is built like a guy who should be boxing in backyards and not for world titles. But if there’s one thing that Fury has in spades it’s heart and an ability to stick to a game plan even if he faces adversity. I wish Fury would take an easy fight in the interim so he stays in shape and on point but he probably won’t. And if Usyk/AJ fight again that may work in the victor’s favor.

Reactions: Rocketsr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT