ADVERTISEMENT

Western Illinois at UTEP

axingfools1

MI Miner Maniac
Nov 6, 2011

UTEP -7.5 with 80% chance to win on game tracker.

The Leathernecks are led by guard Trenton Messnor who leads the team in all categories (16.8 pts/gm). The are also big up front with seniors Pearson (UAB) and Barisic going 6'10" each. They are a good shooting and defensive rebounding team, but give up a high percentage on 3's so I think we win or lose from the 3pt line. We will have to use our bigs so maybe look for Onyema to get another start.

UTEP -7.5 with 80% chance to win on game tracker.

The Leathernecks are led by guard Trenton Messnor who leads the team in all categories (16.8 pts/gm). The are also big up front with seniors Pearson (UAB) and Barisic going 6'10" each. They are a good shooting and defensive rebounding team, but give up a high percentage on 3's so I think we win or lose from the 3pt line. We will have to use our bigs so maybe look for Onyema to get another start.
I'm hoping Onyema continues to garner good minutes, and the team makes a good run in the tournament. Looking ahead to next season, he will need to continue to improve in the off season, but there is no replacement for on the court experience. It is pretty clear he is ahead of Kalu and Maring in the depth chart, and with the uncertainty with Verhoeven, he has a good opportunity for solid minutes next year.

Trenton Massner, Alonzo Verge need guarded heavily. Carious can be a lethal 3 point threat. However, Massner and Verge are their Boum/Bienemy, so to speak.

UTEP has size, good size and this may pose match up problem for W.I.. IMO, this is the perfect game to give Onyema those precious minutes for next year. KK went public and wanted UTEP to play on, this is his chance for UTEP to maybe make a nice run?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT