ADVERTISEMENT

WestStar Don Haskins Sun Bowl Invitational

I like the effort and the D tonight, but the turnovers and the poor shooting have tuned what should be an easy win into a nail biter

Reactions: Lil_Train
We have to play smart and take good shots and take care of the ball.

Was that last attempt even considered a shot?
Final Stats
TEAM STATS
i
i
FG17-5318-47
Field Goal %32.138.3
3PT4-254-11
Three Point %16.036.4
FT9-126-9
Free Throw %75.066.7
Rebounds2341
Offensive Rebounds812
Defensive Rebounds1529
Assists57
Steals115
Blocks33
Total Turnovers1022
Fouls1618
Technical Fouls11

Reactions: TxRdKiller
First, they played a tough game against a good team.

Second, Good defense. Good rebounding.

The best team won the tournament. I’m not high on the MAC in basketball, but this is a good team.

Was that last attempt even considered a shot?
Final Stats
TEAM STATS
i
i
FG17-5318-47
Field Goal %32.138.3
3PT4-254-11
Three Point %16.036.4
FT9-126-9
Free Throw %75.066.7
Rebounds2341
Offensive Rebounds812
Defensive Rebounds1529
Assists57
Steals115
Blocks33
Total Turnovers1022
Fouls1618
Technical Fouls11
There are a lot of positives in these stats. We've made huge improvement since the season started. I think we'll be a force in conference play. Next thursday at UAB will be very telling.

There are a lot of positives in these stats. We've made huge improvement since the season started. I think we'll be a force in conference play. Next thursday at UAB will be very telling.
I hope you’re right. I know I feel a little better about things since the shellackings we took at NMSU and DePaul. We were competitive tonight, aggressive on defense, played tough and hustled. We are just not polished at all. Hopefully that part improves over the course of conference play and we are clicking come tourney time.

Our 1st game shooting under 40%. Basically that and our home record was what we had going. Both were stopped tonight. What a difference one missed shot makes.

Reactions: MinerManiac
It’s funny when the game was close I knew we lost it….. Utep just doing Utep things —- I swear we can never win a game that will give us any sort of momentum—- winning this game and going 9-3 would have been awesome — but like I said I might actually believe we are cursed

Reactions: miner1liner
I actually did not watch the game (work), but was pleasantly surprised when I saw the score. I thought for sure we were going to lose by double digits, and now reading that we should’ve actually won this game…wow. So you’re saying that we may have a chance in conference play?? 😝
I finally saw a game. I think Golding needs to open up the offense, I dont know why they dont push it?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT