ADVERTISEMENT

What are former Miners athlete's doing now ?

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
Blaise Ffrench is some big shot now. He has 2.1 million followers on Instagram. I dont think there is an former athlete with that many followers. Aaron Jones has like 400k. Looks like he is spoke person for Body Armour and a actor.

Reactions: utep2step
Never heard of him. His Twitter certainly doesn't seem to have that many followers. Google does bring up an IMDB page for him, so it seems he's been in some movies, but none I've heard of.

Never heard of him. His Twitter certainly doesn't seem to have that many followers. Google does bring up an IMDB page for him, so it seems he's been in some movies, but none I've heard of.
He must've bought his followers on Instagram?? Idk how he has 2 million?

He was here under Barbee. Didn’t see much playing time since he was behind Stefon, Culpepper, and Stone.
Old Miner Rush Article snippet on the Queens, NY Native :)

Blaise Ffrench

How can Miner fans forget a name like that? Blaise was a 6-2 point guard recruited by Barbee in an era when Stone, Culpepper, and the just-transferred Sun Devil Christian Polk dominated the minutes for the Miners. Ffrench transferred to St. Peter's out of the MAAC and has morphed into a star player for the Peacocks. He is currently second on the team in scoring with 13.4 ppg, second on the team in rebounds with 4.5, and the team assist leader with 6.3 per game. Oh, and most recently he hit a game-winner with 4 seconds left to lift his Peacocks to 1-0 in the MAAC over defending conference champ Iona.

What ever happened to Marcus Ruppel. 3 pt shooter that could jump out of the gym, but didn't want to wait his turn.

What ever happened to Marcus Ruppel. 3 pt shooter that could jump out of the gym, but didn't want to wait his turn.
Does anyone else remember that Ruppel was kicked off of his HS team his senior year? An athletic 6'7" Div 1 talent with a great outside shot and he still found himself off of the team. This raised red flags, but Barbee assured us that he knew about the disciplinary action and there was nothing to worry about.

He only played two games for the Miners before leaving the team. A quick Google search yielded that those two games were the only college games he ever played, at least at a the Div 1 level. In fact, other than recruiting info from back when he was in HS and info about him at UTEP there wasn't anything else on him that turned up. It looks very possible that a bad attitude ruined a promising career.

Reactions: axingfools1
Does anyone else remember that Ruppel was kicked off of his HS team his senior year? An athletic 6'7" Div 1 talent with a great outside shot and he still found himself off of the team. This raised red flags, but Barbee assured us that he knew about the disciplinary action and there was nothing to worry about.

He only played two games for the Miners before leaving the team. A quick Google search yielded that those two games were the only college games he ever played, at least at a the Div 1 level. In fact, other than recruiting info from back when he was in HS and info about him at UTEP there wasn't anything else on him that turned up. It looks very possible that a bad attitude ruined a promising career.
I remember thinking this guy was going to be an awesome player, then poof

Not a former player…..former recruit.

I ran across this article the other day……I had forgotten about him.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Not a former player…..former recruit.

I ran across this article the other day……I had forgotten about him.

was he really a top 25 player in the country??

I was listening to the Radio this morning and they interviewed Tony Richardson who played Fullback for the Chiefs and 16 years in the league. Played for Auburn in College. Walter Payton Award winner.

Anyway, his dad was a Sargent Major and he briefly mentioned that he was born in Germany and they were stationed in El Paso for a while before moving to Alabama.

Joe Devance is a big celeb in the Philippines, and has his own taco Tex/Mex place.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT