ADVERTISEMENT

What is Lee Moore going to do?

Rocketsr

MI VIP
Sep 8, 2001
He definitely is not getting drafted, and he did not undeclare like many others. Is he planning on playing in the D league or Europe?
Did he become academically ineligible, and therefore knew he would not be back anyway?

I thought he left UTEP already to pursue a professional career. I don't think he had a grade issue but I don't think he finished the semester either. I could be wrong.

According to reports, his agent missed filing his NBA paperwork so his best shot is euroball at this point. Sadly, his college days are done. Such a damn good player.

Really Dumb people in his camp! Or he's just not very smart. He could've played two more years in college and had a real shot at the NBA not disappear into the unknown in some European Country! Sad

Reactions: e-rick
I read early on after his departure that he was off to China if the NBA wasn't in his future.

He definitely is not getting drafted, and he did not undeclare like many others. Is he planning on playing in the D league or Europe?
Did he become academically ineligible, and therefore knew he would not be back anyway?
Where are these players (Hunter, now Moore) even getting the idea that they are anywhere close to being NBA-draft material? If it's so obvious to us (as it has been), how do they come to the opposite conclusion?

I read early on after his departure that he was off to China if the NBA wasn't in his future.

I read some article not to long ago that China is actually attractive to the young college millennials for career reasons and obviously financial. There are a lot of millions of Americans who are deciding to live overseas. In a generation or two, loyalty to country is going to have a whole new meaning in the US of A, however, being so many millennials served in war time, the love for country is stronger than ever, but then again, our troops come home to citizens fighting amongst each other so badly and not seen like this since the mid to late 19th century.

Sorry, I get off my rant. But I wish him the best and he needs to know UTEP was once his home. We all have that job we took when we were young and ponder back "WTF was I smoking?!".

Where are these players (Hunter, now Moore) even getting the idea that they are anywhere close to being NBA-draft material? If it's so obvious to us (as it has been), how do they come to the opposite conclusion?

I'm not in either guy's inner circle, but I believe that many of these college stars have people they like and trust - family, friends, old coaches, potentially agents - in their ears telling them that are the next big thing. Look at Arnet Moultrie - he thought that he was NBA ready after his freshman season - he obviously wasn't. Barbee said that one of his best jobs of recruiting was convincing Moultrie to return for his sophomore year.

Many more underclassmen declare for the NBA draft each year than are drafted. Those who stay in school until they graduate or are truly ready to move on are the ones that are grounded by someone, be it a family member, close friend, or coach.

Even if Lee did stay 2 more years, his chances of ever making it in the NBA were very very slim. Especially now players are competing against players from all over the world now for a spot in the NBA. But his chances of making it overseas is very high. So it is a win win decision for him.If he doesn't get drafted, he is going to make a six figure salary for the next 12 years. It would be dumb for him to play for free 2 more years when he can play for six figures. I can't get mad at him for his decision.

What I don't understand is that there are a slew of players 10 times better than him that tested the waters and then returned back to school as they got looked at and were told they would not be drafted. Why did he not opt for that? Or is it that he did not want to come back and play for Floyd, and that prompted him leaving completely.

What I don't understand is that there are a slew of players 10 times better than him that tested the waters and then returned back to school as they got looked at and were told they would not be drafted. Why did he not opt for that? Or is it that he did not want to come back and play for Floyd, and that prompted him leaving completely.

Lee Moore wasn't exactly looking for his meal ticket through an education. As much as it sucks for Miner bb fans, I'm sure UTEP was never more than a means to an end for him. He had a great season and realized he could go make some money. I doubt he ever seriously thought he was NBA material, but I would imagine he thinks he has a good shot to earn some decent $$$ playing over seas. Why delay it if that's his ceiling, and his overall goal?

Yup it's all floyds fault! That's gotta be it

Well there are sure of a lot of players that are running away from UTEP. I don't think it is Natalicio that they want to get away from. Floyd's attrition rate has to be around 20 percent. That's not counting the guys that don't even come in the first place.
Of course, we are headed to another CUSA championship and NCAA appearance under his reign, so we can overlook all of that.

Reactions: Metal Mania Joe
Lee Moore wasn't exactly looking for his meal ticket through an education. As much as it sucks for Miner bb fans, I'm sure UTEP was never more than a means to an end for him. He had a great season and realized he could go make some money. I doubt he ever seriously thought he was NBA material, but I would imagine he thinks he has a good shot to earn some decent $$$ playing over seas. Why delay it if that's his ceiling, and his overall goal?
College degrees are a dime a dozen now. There are college grads working retail cause they can't find jobs. There are CPA's with 10 plus years of experience and masters degrees applying for entry level accounting jobs. Lee made a smart move and took the $$$$$ while he could. Its hard to blame him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT