ADVERTISEMENT

When do you suppose we'll find out about Kugler?

FeralFelidae

MI Miner Maniac
Sep 1, 2003
With one game remaining, he'll be allowed to finish the season, of course. If a change is to be made, I'm sure we'll find out about it no earlier than that. When do you think we'll hear one way or the other about who will coach next season?

We won't hear anything from Stull. Kugler will be back. There will be an article I'm the ep times with a Stull quote saying Kugler has exceeded his expectations and we beat NMSU.

With one game remaining, he'll be allowed to finish the season, of course. If a change is to be made, I'm sure we'll find out about it no earlier than that. When do you think we'll hear one way or the other about who will coach next season?

Do you know something we don't?

If Stull fires Kugler I would expect it to happen on Monday.

Nord:
"Texas-El Paso football coach Gary Nord and his entire staff were fired Monday after compiling a 14-34 record in four years.
"This was a difficult decision," UTEP athletic director Bob Stull said.
"Gary is a man of high integrity who has made a lot of positive contributions to UTEP and the city of El Paso, including our first WAC championship."
However, Stull said the school has beaten only three Division I opponents in the past three years.
"I do not feel we are moving in the right direction," Stull said.
Stull said he hoped to name a replacement by Christmas.
Nord, who coached his final game at UTEP Saturday, a 23-20 loss to Fresno State, was still confident after the defeat.
Earlier this season, Nord said he would keep his job even if his team lost all 13 games on the schedule. He did not attend Monday's news conference and could not immediately be reached for comment.
The former WAC Coach of the Year coached the Miners to a share of the Western Athletic Conference championship and a spot in the Humanitarian Bowl in 2000."

http://www.myplainview.com/news/article/UTEP-coach-Gary-Nord-fired-9079678.php

If they fire Kugler it needs to be within a week. They need to interview candidates as soon as possible and they can't afford to wait and watch viable candidates take jobs at other schools. Now with that being said I am leaning towards Stull letting Kugler finish out his contract, unfortunately .

Reactions: UTEP05
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT