ADVERTISEMENT

Who The Heck are these guys?

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
Up 20 on a decent UTSA team that be LA Tech on the road? Nobody saw this coming, great defense and Paul Thomas playing like an All League Player I'm not drinking any coolaid, just yet, but of this team is able to turn around this awful season and win double digit victories and make a showing in the Conf Tourney then maybe Floyd isn't as bad as I thought. Dont get me wrong, regardless I still want him gone, but glad to see the kids still fighting.

This three game winning streak feels good and all. Now the tough part of the conference schedule begins. I think we will be fortunate to win one out of the next five. Hopefully the Miners prove me wrong and win two.

Up 20 on a decent UTSA team that be LA Tech on the road? Nobody saw this coming, great defense and Paul Thomas playing like an All League Player I'm not drinking any coolaid, just yet, but of this team is able to turn around this awful season and win double digit victories and make a showing in the Conf Tourney then maybe Floyd isn't as bad as I thought. Dont get me wrong, regardless I still want him gone, but glad to see the kids still fighting.

Floyd IS a good coach. And I do think if he had Hamilton and Hunter et al. he would have taken us to the Dance. He can develop players and this team is improving (but they can only improve so much). But his problem at UTEP is all the program turnover, he HASN'T kept the Vince Hunters here, he's always over-recruiting rather than staying committed to the players that we do have, so it seems like we're fielding a brand new team each season. It's hard to build any program momentum when you're always rebuilding. Of the players who are developing and improving this season, who's going to be back? If I could believe that he's somehow going to field experienced teams in the future comprised of players who have stayed with the program and developed, I could still support Floyd, but I don't believe it because it hasn't happened for years now.

Reactions: MinerDave
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT