ADVERTISEMENT

Why didnt Dimel...

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
Use the Transfer portal??? I'm watching Texas Tech and Houston and announcer said, Houston or Texas Tech has 36 transfers. Utep only has like maybe 5???? So sad 🤨🤨🤨

UTEP has never been able to reload other schools. You could say that it was good UTEP kept almost everyone because they have an experienced roster that was close to bowl eligibility. Plus, if he fails it’s all on him because he won’t have any excuses.

UTEP has never been able to reload other schools. You could say that it was good UTEP kept almost everyone because they have an experienced roster that was close to bowl eligibility. Plus, if he fails it’s all on him because he won’t have any excuses.

If Basketball is using the Trasnfer portal and it looks like football is also doing it. It would've been nice to have a transfer QB. I know Utep has done it in the past. With Locksley and that Tennessee QB I forgot his name. Also Jamiel Showers. So I guess Utep has used the transfer portal before.

If Basketball is using the Trasnfer portal and it looks like football is also doing it. It would've been nice to have a transfer QB. I know Utep has done it in the past. With Locksley and that Tennessee QB I forgot his name. Also Jamiel Showers. So I guess Utep has used the transfer portal before.
Hey we got Nick Ast from KSt. I don't know what happened to him though.

Wow! Maybe because Texas Tech and Houston win games?????? Ever think of that????

It doesn't matter

There is players all of over the country looking for more playing time. There is how many schools in America?? There is no excuse for Dimel. He is one of the highest paid in CUSA. There is no excuse for him. He needs to do a better job at recruiting.

It doesn't matter

There is players all of over the country looking for more playing time. There is how many schools in America?? There is no excuse for Dimel. He is one of the highest paid in CUSA. There is no excuse for him. He needs to do a better job at recruiting.
What players that we were in on did he miss with?

Gotcha. So you think his recruiting sucks because they don't win? I think he's a pretty good recruiter actually. He's not a very good coach though. That to me seems to be more of the issue with the program than the talent.
I agree.

Reactions: Taco1977
Gotcha. So you think his recruiting sucks because they don't win? I think he's a pretty good recruiter actually. He's not a very good coach though. That to me seems to be more of the issue with the program than the talent.

This

Utep has been ranked in the bottom in recruiting . How is that a good recruiter??

he is not
Google it. LT coach makes less then Dimel. Previous USM coach made less. Thats it. Every other coach in cusa makes more. In some cases a lot more.

UTEP pays its mbb coach at or close to the top in the conference which tells all who notice such things that UTEP cares about that program. Paying our fb coach near the bottom of the league shows just how serious we are when it comes to football.

Google it. LT coach makes less then Dimel. Previous USM coach made less. Thats it. Every other coach in cusa makes more. In some cases a lot more.

UTEP pays its mbb coach at or close to the top in the conference which tells all who notice such things that UTEP cares about that program. Paying our fb coach near the bottom of the league shows just how serious we are when it comes to football.
i went to go google and i edited my response. I thought he was towards the top. But 700k is no chump change what he got a 4 year deal?? Thats good money there.

Utep has been ranked in the bottom in recruiting . How is that a good recruiter??

Because he recruits guys, doesn't lose them, and develops him. He recruits the right kind of player. Look at Willie Eldridge. He's a talented 3 star kid, who redshirt, was patient, and then broke out last night. Could have entered the Portal out of frustration.

His oline is guys that have been on the weight room and in the program for years.

He knew coming in, he's not going to hit home runs with the program he inherited. So he got guys that he was able to sell a vision to and we have a pretty decent roster.

i went to go google and i edited my response. I thought he was towards the top. But 700k is no chump change what he got a 4 year deal?? Thats good money there.
Well, its all relative when it comes to salaries. More money wouldnt make Dimel a better coach but if UTEP is doing a search for a new fb coach later this season then they need to be competitive in order to get the best coach possible.

I don't know anything about where they're ranked. I just know that he has some really good athletes on this team. Whoever takes over this team when his contract is up is going to be extremely happy with the young talent.

Because he recruits guys, doesn't lose them, and develops him. He recruits the right kind of player. Look at Willie Eldridge. He's a talented 3 star kid, who redshirt, was patient, and then broke out last night. Could have entered the Portal out of frustration.

His oline is guys that have been on the weight room and in the program for years.

He knew coming in, he's not going to hit home runs with the program he inherited. So he got guys that he was able to sell a vision to and we have a pretty decent roster.
This is 💯. He recruits kids that were vastly underdeveloped in their high school program. There are some amazing young athletes on this team that unless you've gone to practices you wouldn't have even seen yet. As soon as they get the necessary weight added onto their frame everyone will know their names. If anyone gets a chance to go into the weight room you'll see a lot of young guys names on the board for their position group in the athletic events. Most of those guys haven't even touched the field yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT