ADVERTISEMENT

Why is it...

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
Football team can get 30k in the stands but the Basketball team has trouble filling up at a 12k arena?? I thought UTEP was a Basketball school?

Both teams have attendance problems. If basketball was of to a good start and a top 25 team was in town I'm sure we could easily reach 70% capacity of the Don.

Reactions: axingfools1
Both teams have attendance problems. If basketball was of to a good start and a top 25 team was in town I'm sure we could easily reach 70% capacity of the Don.

That's not the point. Where are those fans that show up at the football games?? I know some of them are parents and friends of the players, so that brings extra fans to the football game. I would say that's probably 1k?? If there is 30k to 25k at football games, 12k should be no problem for the Basketball team.

That's not the point. Where are those fans that show up at the football games?? I know some of them are parents and friends of the players, so that brings extra fans to the football game. I would say that's probably 1k?? If there is 30k to 25k at football games, 12k should be no problem for the Basketball team.
Football is more popular. There's a core of fans that will attend both sporting events but for the most part basketball doesn't draw the crowds football does.

We didn't average 30 to 25,000 fans a game. Not sure where you're getting your numbers from, but they are vastly inaccurate.

He thinks that because we got 30k for UTSA then we should easily get 12k for basketball.

We didn't average 30 to 25,000 fans a game. Not sure where you're getting your numbers from, but they are vastly inaccurate. Here's a link to help you out.

vs Houston Baptist they had 34k

We didn't average 30 to 25,000 fans a game. Not sure where you're getting your numbers from, but they are vastly inaccurate. Here's a link to help you out.

The lowest was against Rice at 10k. Why cant those same 10k go to the basktball game??

If you do the math, getting 10,000 to a 50,000 football stadium is 20%. Getting 3,500 to a 12,000 basketball arena is 29%…so basketball draws more fans. If you want a true comparison, that’s the way I would look at it…but to each their own

Last edited:
If you do the math, getting 10,000 to a 50,000 football stadium is 20%. Getting 3,500 to a 12,000 basketball arena is 29%…so basketball draws more fans. Atleast that’s one way to look at it. If you want a true comparison, that’s the way I would look at it…but to each their own
animation-cartoons.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT