ADVERTISEMENT

Wide Receivers

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
Is Uteps biggest problem. Didnt Dimel recruit some juco wrs?? Give them a chance.

Is Uteps biggest problem. Didnt Dimel recruit some juco wrs?? Give them a chance.
He's working on it. Dimel had zero recruits when he took over the job, but he was able to bring in a few good players at other positions for this season. He did get Justin Garrett who is M.I.A. like Busey, Brown and Senegal. Nwachukwu is a freshman and may not be ready. I think his hands are tied with the receiver position right now, so he is going with experience. Give him some time. Dawn needs more touches.

Last edited:
I think O Line is our biggest problem. If the QB doesn’t have time to get rid of the ball, or is forced to scramble, it doesn’t matter how good our receivers.

I disagree. Whens last time Utep had a 1000 yard WR?? Kugler didnt recruit any good wrs.

Reactions: minermx07
I disagree. Whens last time Utep had a 1000 yard WR?? Kugler didnt recruit any good wrs.

Dude, we could have Odell Beckham right now and it wouldn’t matter because the QB’s haven’t had the protection, and therefore time, to set their feet and fling the ball. Maybe a slight exaggeration, but I’m sure you get the point.

Perhaps we have QB issues too, however we can’t diagnose that until they have adequate protection and time to go through progressions.

I do agree with you that we need a couple WRs to step up, but there’s no way I’d say that’s our main issue at this point.

I hope they get Foster more involved on Saturday. He could be the guy the Miners need at this time. Kavika just doesn't seem to get it done. I like the energy Foster and Lucero bring.

He's working on it. Dimel had zero recruits when he took over the job, but he was able to bring in a few good players at other positions for this season. He did get Justin Garrett who is M.I.A. like Busey, Brown and Senegal. Nwachukwu is a freshman and may not be ready. I think his hands are tied with the receiver position right now, so he is going with experience. Give him some time. Dawn needs more touches.
Dawn in the slot gets it done every time. He showed his talent his freshman year. Kugler said he would use him more so he got a few more touches but it never turned into a primary spot.

The D line is going on year four, four mind you, of the inability to get any threat on the qb or stuffing the run. NAU was using a third string back and he had some runs but nothing big. Perhaps bring in Brian Young to talk to the players. I know he would.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT