ADVERTISEMENT

WOW!!! OT

Should I have added more parameters? My apologies!! I'm sure there are more. Never said you were a failure. Those are your words. Do what ever you want to do. Life's too short.

I have seen good artist get burnt out trying to meet the quotas set by Gallerys and Agents. I got tired of Ladies coming into my Gallery, many years ago, and state, "oh, I love it, but could you paint it in a mauve pallet to match my livingroom decor!" :confused:
AMEN!!!
Being an artist myself, I can certainly understand and agree with statements and thoughts by both Mosquito and e-rick. Coaching at this level is a challenge only a few have mastered to the satisfaction of their fans, alumni, players, media, etc. Our expectations are probably much, much higher than other universities of our size, conference rating, athletic budget size. We want to be the big fish in the big pond, but we at best might have to settle on being a little bigger fish in a smaller pond. Attaining levels we dream of and expect from Floyd may realistically be out of reach these days. These are different times than the glory years days.

AMEN!!!
Being an artist myself, I can certainly understand and agree with statements and thoughts by both Mosquito and e-rick. Coaching at this level is a challenge only a few have mastered to the satisfaction of their fans, alumni, players, media, etc. Our expectations are probably much, much higher than other universities of our size, conference rating, athletic budget size. We want to be the big fish in the big pond, but we at best might have to settle on being a little bigger fish in a smaller pond. Attaining levels we dream of and expect from Floyd may realistically be out of reach these days. These are different times than the glory years days.

I dont think its untealistic for us to expect to make the tournament every year. We're not a poor school. Our budget, coorporate sponsorships, donations and coaches salaries go up yearly. We pay scholarship athletes a $3200 stipend every semester. Of the 327 d1 basketball schools we're in the top third financially. This isnt the nineties, money isnt an issue and cant be used as a crutch. The fact is we are tge big dog financially in cusa. We have better facilities, better attendance and a bigger recruiting budget than any school in the conference. We would have the highest paid coach if UAB hadnt cut football for two months and diverted all their money into basketball. As it is we have the second highest paid coach in cusa. Having said all of that there is no reason or excuse for not making the ncaa tournament in six years. Especially considering how bad this conference is.

I will always support the program regardless of who the coach is. However, we must raise our expectations in all sports and not just basketball. The fact is there are lots of schools who do far more with half the resources we have. We arent the little poor school on the border anymore, that excuse no longer holds water.

AMEN!!!
Howz Ur wife, I have got to meet both her and U soon!!! sorry missed U at Tortugas! EJP

I know everyone keeps saying how bad this conference is but I disagree the bottom half yes is awful but the top half is not bad and have some schools that are usually pretty good mid major schools... Uab mid ten state, western Kentucky, la tech , old dominion and UTEP are not bad mid majors !! They may be having a down year but those teams are usually not bad in basketball...

I dont think its untealistic for us to expect to make the tournament every year. We're not a poor school. Our budget, coorporate sponsorships, donations and coaches salaries go up yearly. We pay scholarship athletes a $3200 stipend every semester. Of the 327 d1 basketball schools we're in the top third financially. This isnt the nineties, money isnt an issue and cant be used as a crutch. The fact is we are tge big dog financially in cusa. We have better facilities, better attendance and a bigger recruiting budget than any school in the conference. We would have the highest paid coach if UAB hadnt cut football for two months and diverted all their money into basketball. As it is we have the second highest paid coach in cusa. Having said all of that there is no reason or excuse for not making the ncaa tournament in six years. Especially considering how bad this conference is.

I will always support the program regardless of who the coach is. However, we must raise our expectations in all sports and not just basketball. The fact is there are lots of schools who do far more with half the resources we have. We arent the little poor school on the border anymore, that excuse no longer holds water.
Your analysis is pretty much the same as mine. Winning CUSA and/or going to the big dance is not necessarily big fish in the big pond; it's more like a little bigger fish in a smaller pond. I agree that we should be consistently winning the CUSA.

Howz Ur wife, I have got to meet both her and U soon!!! sorry missed U at Tortugas! EJP
We're both good. Heading back to Big D Friday. Going back with a bit more pride thah I expected and looking forward to my visit to the bookstore. Sorry you couldn't make it to Tortugas. Don't know when we'll be back.

We're both good. Heading back to Big D Friday. Going back with a bit more pride thah I expected and looking forward to my visit to the bookstore. Sorry you couldn't make it to Tortugas. Don't know when we'll be back.
Be safe! We will chat here or PsUp! Seems like we have a lot that we could talk about! :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT