ADVERTISEMENT

Ze’Rik Onyema signs with UTEPMBB?

What turnaround? The Miners are 2-0 and beat an injury riddled NMSU team at home. So what turnaround has occurred? If you have to ask you won’t get it even with an answer. Yes, there are limited results due to limited opportunities thus far. If you can’t already see the difference/improvement between the squad this year from last year, and I believe you are not quite savvy enough to do so, you are blind. Wait for your required results to make your determination, but as someone already stated, you’ll never be satisfied and will always find something to criticize. You’re a miserable dude. The misery seeps from your words.

Recruiting doesn’t win games. Not in and of itself but what a f*%king ridiculous statement. Do you even hear yourself? You lose so much credibility when you make statements like that. Just you questioning the level of the recruit that brought this discussion into play shows that you don’t believe in your own claim about recruiting.

I bet UTEP and tons of other schools had better recruiting classes than they did.
I cut part of your statement off accidentally but you were talking about Loyola Chicago. UTEP did not have a better recruiting class than they had. Not by a long shot. Do your research.

We won’t know how good this team is until the Houston games and Hawaii tournament. Haha. You said something very similar before and about the nmsu game. Seems you glossed right over that. No surprise though. Of course we won’t know how good they are until the season is complete. Man you’re sharp. Derpty dep derp! Again, you probably can’t see it but this team is miles beyond last year’s...already. What’s the difference? A few guys with a year’s experience and RECRUITING.

The more you say, the less you say. Go have a drink or five and unwind a little you f*#king nut job.
I mean this respectfully, but why is Houston a litmus test? They beat TT but yes, it was a scrimmage and now beat NMSU.

I'm not going to say this is the best Miner team in 20 years yet. Let's see what they do on the road first. If they can do well there, I'll start believing. The team is heading in the right direction though. The Aggies in Las Cruces and at Houston will be true road games. Not be all games but good tests nonetheless. We'll see.

I mean this respectfully, but why is Houston a litmus test? They beat TT but yes, it was a scrimmage and now beat NMSU.

I mean this respectfully. Maybe go back and read the thread again. It wasn’t me who said UH would be the litmus test, so you’re asking the wrong person. Try shovelshit’s latest incarnation. He’s the one who said it.

With that said, that’s one thing he and I agree on. UH will be a very good test for us to see where we really are.

I hate verbal commits because they can change so quickly... wish this McGriff guy would hurry up and sign — because looks like a fantastic pickup!

I already see a turnaround. During the last years of Floyd we got beat by similar teams to New Mexico eastern and their likes. We also would get swept by NMSU. As early as the season is progress is still clearly visible. I’ll take 3-0 over starting 2-13 with home losses to Maryland high shore, south east side Louisiana, and State of Northwest.

Reactions: Lil_Train
More on Onyema. Seems that he played 2 seasons of Varsity at John Jay HS.

Junior season he was listed at 6'6" 177lbs. He averaged 6 pts, 5 rebounds and 1 block per game.

He was offered by UTEP and signed early after a strong summer.

Senior season he was listed at 6'7" 200lbs. He avereaged 18 and 12 with 1 steal and 2 blocks per game. 32% from 3 and 64% freethrows. He was team captain. He has a 6'11" wingspan and a 28 in vertical (about average for NBA players).

Seems like he is still growing and learning the game. If anything, Terry has a good eye for power forwards and has generally recruited the position well.

More on Onyema. Seems that he played 2 seasons of Varsity at John Jay HS.

Junior season he was listed at 6'6" 177lbs. He averaged 6 pts, 5 rebounds and 1 block per game.

He was offered by UTEP and signed early after a strong summer.

Senior season he was listed at 6'7" 200lbs. He avereaged 18 and 12 with 1 steal and 2 blocks per game. 32% from 3 and 64% freethrows. He was team captain. He has a 6'11" wingspan and a 28 in vertical (about average for NBA players).

Seems like he is still growing and learning the game. If anything, Terry has a good eye for power forwards and has generally recruited the position well.

Hope this kid is a diamond in the rough.

"It was the first day of basketball’s early signing period, which lasts until Nov. 20. Basketball’s regular signing period is April 15-May 20, 2020......The following is a list of area signees:"?

That's what they say. Don't shoot the messenger!
What list?

Yeah, everybody has a past. Dimel has shown he’s stuck in his. Not everybody is. You obviously are not impressed with the quick turnaround CRT has initiated. I forget that you don’t necessarily have an eye for talent. It’s really tough to see the improvement in just one year’s time, huh? Has nothing to do with Terry’s recruiting efforts.:rolleyes:

Can hardly wait for your enlightening reply.

LOL

Was this when we were 8-1 and actually playing well, beating some good teams?

It is funny looking at it now, I must say. But i would stand by my opinion of a noticeable difference in quality of play up until UH and then especially Hawaii, where this team absolutely crumbled.

****in’ shit stirrer. This came out of nowhere. I guess I deserve it.

I’ll take it double battered and deep fried. My crow, that is.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Was this when we were 8-1 and actually playing well, beating some good teams?

It is funny looking at it now, I must say. But i would stand by my opinion of a noticeable difference in quality of play up until UH and then especially Hawaii, where this team absolutely crumbled.

****in’ shit stirrer. This came out of nowhere. I guess I deserve it.

I’ll take it double battered and deep fried. My crow, that is.

No. You posted on 11/15, so it was near the ENMU game. Miners were 3-0 or 2-0.

You guys think I talk shit just to do it, but I don’t. I know what am I talking about. Look at the rest of the posts. Pure delusion. After we beat NMSU in El Paso!

Reactions: Autograph Boy

You guys think I talk shit just to do it, but I don’t. I know what am I talking about. Look at the rest of the posts. Pure delusion. After we beat NMSU in El Paso!

a dark day for you

Im not going to go back and read them but I can only imagine the delusion, my own included.

It is called hope, broseph. Die hard Miner fans are thirsty for any measure of success. Miriam Webster defines “fan” as an enthusiastic devotee. A fanatic. The word is even embedded in my handle. Guilty as charged!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT