ADVERTISEMENT

11 seeds having to play in First Four games

Yes. They changed it to where they were the last 4 at-large teams in. These teams are marginally worthy of getting in. The 16 seeds are all conference tournament winners. Gives them a chance to shine when they’re preceding a UCLA vs Duquesne “play in” game.
It feels forced to me. If they’re determined to have these play in games, why not just have the “11s” play each other?

Fair or not?
Fair. I think Okie State may have a reason for sour grapes because the Big XII was a brutal league this past year but fair none the less.

UCLA will continue with their success.

FAU and UC Santa Barbara have the tools to make a Cinderella run. Colgate will scare Texas.

Vermont takes over NMSU mantle. Always makes the NCAA, can't get far.

Fair. I think Okie State may have a reason for sour grapes because the Big XII was a brutal league this past year but fair none the less.

UCLA will continue with their success.

FAU and UC Santa Barbara have the tools to make a Cinderella run. Colgate will scare Texas.

Vermont takes over NMSU mantle. Always makes the NCAA, can't get far.
None of those teams have anything to do with my point ITT.

It feels forced to me. If they’re determined to have these play in games, why not just have the “11s” play each other?
I think it’s to give the “little guys” some attention. If you lose a play in game, it’s the same as if you were a “regular” 16 seed and got destroyed by North Carolina. You still get to hang a banner, you still made the tournament.

Having all the 11 seeds play in, excludes the MEAC, SWAC, and other usual 16 seeds. If TAMUCC wins tonight, their conference gets another tournament credit like if they were a #15 seed who upset a #2. If it’s just the 11s, the NCAA is just giving more money to better conferences.

I think it’s to give the “little guys” some attention. If you lose a play in game, it’s the same as if you were a “regular” 16 seed and got destroyed by North Carolina. You still get to hang a banner, you still made the tournament.

Having all the 11 seeds play in, excludes the MEAC, SWAC, and other usual 16 seeds. If TAMUCC wins tonight, their conference gets another tournament credit like if they were a #15 seed who upset a #2. If it’s just the 11s, the NCAA is just giving more money to better conferences.ram in the real dance
Then why not let the 16s have a shot at a big boy team in the real tourney?

Then why not let the 16s have a shot at a big boy team in the real tourney?
Almost guaranteed to lose and their game is largely ignored when 3 other games are playing. In this case, the spotlight is on them and they can get an extra NCAA tournament unit for their conference. Each unit is $388k for each years.

Reactions: Rocketsr
I have Xavier and Texas winning it all. I have 2 brackets. Wouldn't that be cool?? I think have Texas and Xavier meeting up.

Almost guaranteed to lose and their game is largely ignored when 3 other games are playing. In this case, the spotlight is on them and they can get an extra NCAA tournament unit for their conference. Each unit is $388k for each years.
Fairleigh Dickinson say hi.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT