ADVERTISEMENT

200 yards on 14 carries

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
I don't care if it's against a high school team. That is a crazy stat.

Would love to see him run behind an O-Line the likes of the Oakland Raiders.

Man I hope to see him in a NFL uniform next year. He needs to get the hell out of Dodge and go pro next year before Kugler ruins him.
Not me. I would love to see him as a Miner for his senior year, setting records and getting some positive national pub for UTEP's FB program. Whether it's under a new coach or not.

Reactions: UTEP05
Man I hope to see him in a NFL uniform next year. He needs to get the hell out of Dodge and go pro next year before Kugler ruins him.
He isn't being over used this season. He is ranked 7th in the nation in rushing right now but has averaged 18 carries per game with a lot of players with more carries than that.

He isn't being over used this season. He is ranked 7th in the nation in rushing right now but has averaged 18 carries per game with a lot of players with more carries than that.

At the end of the day, it depends on what his projected draft rank will be. If it's a 3rd round, could it improve into a 2nd and would it be worth even pursuing it. I've been an advocate of his running ability being better suited to a read option type of offense, but the ground and pound Kugs has in place hasn't (and has) hurt him.

Frankly I don't think he will return, but I wouldn't mind seeing him come back.

Aaron Jones is an excellent football player playing in a bad offensive scheme (for him) on a bad team against inferior competition. Raise your hand if you think any of those factors will measurably change if he returns to UTEP for 2017.

If the scouts project 4th - 5th round or better, it isn't even a decision, IMO. Risk/reward for returning just isn't there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT