ADVERTISEMENT

4 way tie for 3rd

USAFminersfan

MI Regular
Nov 8, 2008
So it looks like we are in a four-way tie with ODU, Marshall, and rice. Rice will be the big game over the last three, after which we should be heavy favorites against Florida Atlantic and Florida International.

It's amazing that we're in this position to begin with. I'm not sure if this is the result of a lot of hard work and improvements, or the fact that Conference USA is just weak and regularly eats its own. It's probably a combination of both.

Either way, this beats losing 12 straight to teams I've never heard of before. I'm still withholding much hope for a conf tournament championship, but I'm sure glad we're no longer the worst team in the country....

Feels good.

C41tgJMVcAI48EI.jpg

Wouldn't it make more sense to have home and away games with each of the Texas schools each season. Didn't register with me until today that we only play Rice and North Texas once each and those are both away games. Why are we playing FIU, FAU, Louisiana Tech and Southern Miss home and away?

Wouldn't it make more sense to have home and away games with each of the Texas schools each season. Didn't register with me until today that we only play Rice and North Texas once each and those are both away games. Why are we playing FIU, FAU, Louisiana Tech and Southern Miss home and away?
It would make more sense. In previous seasons when we have had to play the Texas schools twice we complained about our RPI dropping after sweeping them. It would also make sense for the league to schedule in a such way where the projected top teams plays each other home and away.

It would be nice this year if we had Rice for a home game. Beating them on the road will be tough.

I think we play FIU and FAU twice because of the travel. They can combine games and play UTSA and UTEP. It would be kind of a waste for them just to come all this way just to play UTEP.

I think we play FIU and FAU twice because of the travel. They can combine games and play UTSA and UTEP. It would be kind of a waste for them just to come all this way just to play UTEP.
I don't understand your reasoning. UTSA is our travel partner so every conference school that comes to El Paso visits San Antonio in the same week. What does that have to do with us playing the Florida schools home and away?

I don't understand your reasoning. UTSA is our travel partner so every conference school that comes to El Paso visits San Antonio in the same week. What does that have to do with us playing the Florida schools home and away?

JCorona, you can obviously do as you please...but WHY? Don't feed the troll.

We play them twice so it's not a wasted trip. It would be kind of a waste for FIU or FAU to just come all the way to play UTEP. The same goes for UTEP just going all the way to Florida. This is why we play them home and away. UTEP plays both Florida schools so it's not a wasted trip and vice versa.

JCorona, you can obviously do as you please...but WHY? Don't feed the troll.
You're right I can already tell by his response it could turn into a long unnecessary interaction.

Are you still feeling confident we beat RICE? I know you have stated we matchup well against them. I'll be at the game tomorrow night. I'm excited to see them.

Yep, it's the same old dance all the time. I give an opinion, I'm called out, I respond back with my opinions, and then I'm labeled a troll and then of course no points are ever given. by the person calling me a troll. It's quite hilarious. :)

You're right I can already tell by his response it could turn into a long unnecessary interaction.

Are you still feeling confident we beat RICE? I know you have stated we matchup well against them. I'll be at the game tomorrow night. I'm excited to see them.

Figured you don't have anything to say. It's hilarious you call me out, I state my opinions, and then you cop out that it's an "unnecessary interaction". But of course I'm the troll right?

Figured you don't have anything to say. It's hilarious you call me out, I state my opinions, and then you cop out that it's an "unnecessary interaction". But of course I'm the troll right?
I'll try to have a reasonable conversation with you. I understand the part of having to play both FIU and FAU so as to not waste a trip and vice versa for them. Why play them home and away instead of playing both away and not having them both make the return trip?

Without googling it I think El Paso and the Florida schools might have the longest travel distance between the three cities. Instead of doing a home and away with them it would be wiser to do a home and away with N Texas and RICE who reside much closer to El Paso.

Reactions: miner1liner

Yes. Because I feel like 3 of our 4 main guards got a bad game out of their systems against unt. I feel like this game is Matt's to go and take and our guards will do what they need to 'somewhat' equalize their guard play. I feel good about it. You?

I'll try to have a reasonable conversation with you. I understand the part of having to play both FIU and FAU so as to not waste a trip and vice versa for them. Why play them home and away instead of playing both away and not having them both make the return trip?

Without googling it I think El Paso and the Florida schools might have the longest travel distance between the three cities. Instead of doing a home and away with them it would be wiser to do a home and away with N Texas and RICE who reside much closer to El Paso.

My only logical explanation I can come up with is CUSA thought it is a better fit to do it that way and a better travel arrangement. In 2015 UTEP went to Florida and none of the Florida teams came here and in 2014 the Florida teams visited El Paso. The past 2 years UTEP went to Florida and vice versa.

Yes. Because I feel like 3 of our 4 main guards got a bad game out of their systems against unt. I feel like this game is Matt's to go and take and our guards will do what they need to 'somewhat' equalize their guard play. I feel good about it. You?
UTEP is so unpredictable I don't know what to expect anymore. I'm leaning towards us being involved in a one possession game at the conclusion. The line is set at 8.5 in favor of RICE. It would be very surprising if we lose by that many. We are 3-4 in games decided by three or less they are 2-1 so we have more experience in win or lose game ending possessions. Something tells me we get a defensive stop and improve our record to .500 in games decided at the buzzer.

Realtimerpi predicts us to lose by 18 that is freaking ridiculous. What are they on?

Reactions: MineroFanatico
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT