ADVERTISEMENT

Alford out at UCLA

pay4dirt

All Star
Gold Member
Feb 21, 2007
Steve Alford has been fired at UCLA. It couldn't have happened to a more deserving person. Even though I think Tim Floyd did less with more here at UTEP, I'm glad he went after Alford at that tournament a few years ago. Both coaches have similar personalities. That was a big reason they never got along. Neither could adapt to the changing realities of college basketball. Both rose through the ranks to get high end pressure cooker jobs in the PAC12. Neither could thrive in that pressure cooker. Time marches on and Alford is now on the outside looking in.

This just goes to show that you need to win big at schools like UCLA. Alford made the NCAA Tournament 4/5 years and went to 3 Sweet 16's.

Reactions: HoneyBoy95
Not a fan of Steve Alford but the guy I cant stand is Andy Enfield at USC. I wonder how long he’ll stay at USC.

This just goes to show that you need to win big at schools like UCLA. Alford made the NCAA Tournament 4/5 years and went to 3 Sweet 16's.
Hey captain obvious. Look up the word 'relative' and try using it in a sentence with the word mens basketball and the acronyms UTEP and UCLA.

Oh and in case you or your Honeyboy want to chime in, I never said it wasn't possible so don't try to put words in my mouth.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
"Being a d!$( is no way to go through life son" is what I would like to tell him. There are people on Skid Row who are more deserving than that jerk.

Hey captain obvious. Look up the word 'relative' and try using it in a sentence with the word mens basketball and the acronyms UTEP and UCLA.

Oh and in case you or your Honeyboy want to chime in, I never said it wasn't possible so don't try to put words in my mouth.

And your point is?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT