ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else...

USAFminersfan

MI Regular
Nov 8, 2008
annoyed with how coach Johnson yells instructions at the players every 2sec of the game? You don't need to shout "good!...good!....good!" as the players pass the ball around. It's a distraction.

Basketball is about getting into that "flow state", where you're zoned in. Hard to do that when your coach is micro managing every offensive/ defensive possession the entire game...

What annoys me about Johnson, is how one of our elite prospects(and a future Miner great, as stated by Floyd) can be benched for multiple games and then apparently lost(as he is currently back home), yet the coaching staff and even the media appear to be so nonchalant about addressing what in reality is a really big deal. Further frustrating, is that every indication from both sides, is that we lost this potentially great player over a relatively small issue and due to what I would consider poor mentoring from our coaching staff. For multiple years, this coaching staff has been toxic when it comes to retaining players within our program and I personally don’t want any of them associated with our UTEP program once March comes to an end.

Flush the toilet — time for our assistants to dust off their resumes.

What annoys me about Johnson, is how one of our elite prospects(and a future Miner great, as stated by Floyd) can be benched for multiple games and then apparently lost(as he is currently back home), yet the coaching staff and even the media appear to be so nonchalant about addressing what in reality is a really big deal. Further frustrating, is that every indication from both sides, is that we lost this potentially great player over a relatively small issue and due to what I would consider poor mentoring from our coaching staff. For multiple years, this coaching staff has been toxic when it comes to retaining players within our program and I personally don’t want any of them associated with our UTEP program once March comes to an end.
When your guards (Harris, Gilyard, and Magee) are a combined 3-20, and then you have Flaggert and Osborne who are nearly stat-less in 25 minutes of play, there is nearly no way to win. Throw in the fact that we were outrebounded by 20, and I wonder how the score was even as close as it was. It is a shame that a guy who showed he could score was not played when he was here. Thomas has shown he is simply a complimentary player. Potentially, I can see his minutes reduced further in favor of Smith, once Willms makes it back.

Last edited:
When your guards (Harris, Gilyard, and Magee) are a combined 3-20, and then you have Flaggert and Osborne who are nearly stat-less in 25 minutes of play, there is nearly no way to win. Throw in the fact that we were outrebounded by 20, and I wonder how the score was even as close as it was. It is a shame that a guy who showed he could score was not played when he was here. Thomas has shown he is simply a complimentary player. Potentially, I can see his minutes reduced further in favor of Smith, once Willms makes it back.
Agreed. I hate to say it but PT is having a real hard time rebounding in any traffic. I'm not sure he knows what blocking out even means (sarcasm). His rim protection is poor. When his jumper is not falling he loses focus. Its hurting him at the line. I hope he breaks out but maybe playing Willms and Tirus together will help us finish out on defensive.

What killed us last night and I know I will hear crap for this .... we did not attack the basket or feed the post we did that stupid dribble drive without the drive and took terrible shots... settled all night for jump shots which is why we didn't get to the line which is why we lost .... terrible offense

What killed us last night and I know I will hear crap for this .... we did not attack the basket or feed the post we did that stupid dribble drive without the drive and took terrible shots... settled all night for jump shots which is why we didn't get to the line which is why we lost .... terrible offense
Agreed. We also missed freethrows and got bitch slapped on the boards.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT