ADVERTISEMENT

Best game of the year

Minerforlife

MI Hall of Famer
Sep 11, 2013
Great team performance tonight. The game was never in really in doubt. Considering it was on the road I thought it was the best game of the season. Ive been very critical of Floyd, but im happy with his adjustments. We our now playing a 21st century offense. We play so much better uptempo. Im glad Floyd has dumped going into that dean smith four corners offense with 10 minutes to go in a game. Now they just need finish the road sweep in Boca on Saturday.

"Welcome to Del Boca Vista!"

I agree with your assessment. It appears Floyd has finally bought in (given in) to the style which best suits the talents on his team. I hope they build upon their newfound style and finish the season strong. The dumpster fire may have finally been extinguished.

True on the rebounding! Keep those starting five and see how far we can go. The big games (challenging) I still see on our schedule are LT, ODU, Charlotte. If we can pull those off things will be looking good.

Reactions: miner1liner
"Welcome to Del Boca Vista!"

I agree with your assessment. It appears Floyd has finally bought in (given in) to the style which best suits the talents on his team. I hope they build upon their newfound style and finish the season strong. The dumpster fire may have finally been extinguished.
According to Coach Johnson it wasn't a matter of "buying in" so much as it is figuring out which 5-6 guys could mesh into an effective team. Remember that these are all new starters and it took time for them to "buy in" to what Floyd and the coaches were trying to teach them. They seem to have figured it out now so let's hope they can go on a good run and position themselves to do well in the conference tournament.

Every style of offense looks good when you shoot 58% from three........Strange stat as Vint's playing time has decreased our rebounding has improved. We rebound better with a four 6-3 guys and Winn (who is listed at 6-7 but looks smaller than that) than we do with a six eleven center.

We do tend to shoot better from all around when we push the pace a bit. They're playing looser that way. It makes sense. It's this group's natural game. Our rebounding, like you alluded to, is almost night and day. It's damn near, shall I say, competitive.

And as a harsh critic of the man at the helm, I can appreciate Floyd's new approach and am glad for the guy. Always have liked him as a person which made it difficult to reconcile wanting him gone. Have always said tho, I hope he proves me wrong and rights the ship.

#RestorationOfHopeUnderway
#KeepItGoingMiners

We do tend to shoot better from all around when we push the pace a bit. They're playing looser that way. It makes sense. It's this group's natural game. Our rebounding, like you alluded to, is almost night and day. It's damn near, shall I say, competitive.

And as a harsh critic of the man at the helm, I can appreciate Floyd's new approach and am glad for the guy. Always have liked him as a person which made it difficult to reconcile wanting him gone. Have always said tho, I hope he proves me wrong and rights the ship.

#RestorationOfHopeUnderway
#KeepItGoingMiners
Absolutely Fanaticoog.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Caldwell is lap becoming a big part of this teams recent success. He's just a good all around player that does what this team needs him to do. I played open gym with this kid as a sophomore at Americas and talked to Brooks about him. He has super long arms and plays more like 6-6. I was hoping Paul Thomas would've developed this year into a nice small forward, but it's obvious he's having a lot of growing pains. Slot of people thought he'd be somewhere close to VH in his Freshman year but he's been a huge disappointment. Anyway let's see if we can keep up the momentum!

Caldwell is lap becoming a big part of this teams recent success. He's just a good all around player that does what this team needs him to do. I played open gym with this kid as a sophomore at Americas and talked to Brooks about him. He has super long arms and plays more like 6-6. I was hoping Paul Thomas would've developed this year into a nice small forward, but it's obvious he's having a lot of growing pains. Slot of people thought he'd be somewhere close to VH in his Freshman year but he's been a huge disappointment. Anyway let's see if we can keep up the momentum!

Totally agree with you in regards to Caldwell. Great energy off the bench, providing a much needed spark of effort and intensity, wherever needed, as you said.

A thought for all our coaches, whatever the sport. "You recruit what you want but you coach what you've got." A good coach will adjust his strategy to reflect the talent level of his team. This years' basketball team seems to reflect that fact more than usual. I agree with posts complimenting Caldwell's hustle. He seems to be motivating his teammates into more and better effort.

FIU stunk bad, like rotten meat bad, at the free throw line, which made a big impact on the game. Jones came in to clean up since Vint fouled out and appeared to do a good job on their NBA bound center, despite it was for a few minutes.

In Caldwell we trust!! Good Job!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT