ADVERTISEMENT

Best Mexican food on the West Side?

I had KeFlautas the other day and it think they're as good as el cometa.

I'm talking about Flautas vs Flautas. I don't even think Keflautas sells anything else. I'm not sure if they do cuz I went specifically for the flautas. Didn't even bother to look at the menu.

Finally remembered the name of the place. Have you tried Tacos Chinampa? 100% recommend.

Reactions: unihorn
Finally remembered the name of the place. Have you tried Tacos Chinampa? 100% recommend.

Had the enchiladas montadas with papas ala mexicana and chicharrones at the T/Chinampa across I-10 from Bassett Center yesterday morning. Gotta tell you, it was ****ing delish.

Reactions: JCorona
Had the enchiladas montadas with papas ala mexicana and chicharrones at the T/Chinampa across I-10 from Bassett Center yesterday morning. Gotta tell you, it was ****ing delish.
Yes! When I lived in EP I used to go to that location all the time. The one in the Westside is good too but imo the Bassett center one is much better.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
General Mexican food question.

I was a teenager in the 80's me and my buds used to go to J-town dance clubs and after the night was over we use to walk over the bridge and on the way there was a little street sandwich stand and the recommended one was colitas de pavo torta (turkey tail). Man those were so delicious, anyone ever try those?

Big Fan of Carlos Bakery in Sunland. Also, Avilas always good. Cometa always hits.

Anybody still go to JJ’s? The gorditas…

Or Lucy’s? Tacos Antonia…

Salivating just thinking about them.

Having the best Mexican food on the Westside is like being the best surfer in Afghanistan
ISA.jpeg

The oldsters on the east side love The Lunch Box, both on Montana (Martita’s) and North Loop (separate management). It’s not heavy and nothing that is very spicey. So if want Mexican food without the kick, that’s the place.

The oldsters on the east side love The Lunch Box, both on Montana (Martita’s) and North Loop (separate management). It’s not heavy and nothing that is very spicey. So if want Mexican food without the kick, that’s the place.
Correction: The location is on Carolina Dr. next to the Carolina Recreation Center and the VFW is close by.

Reactions: axingfools1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT