ADVERTISEMENT

Campus shooting at UNC- Charlotte

I worked as a street cop in Dallas for 26 years and I can tell you a fact, not once did any officer who had to have a AK because they were able to carry it ever used it. It's a gun that can not be used in public because of the potential danger of missed rounds. To use in the home would be crazy because even as a home owner you are responsible for every round you shoot. So you aren't going to use it for home protection either. As far as hunting you are not going to use it on dear and any common game unless you dont want any meat left to eat. So if officers who are trained to use it dont even use it, why does the everyday public need to own one? All the are used for are mass murders.

Reactions: develman
So if officers who are trained to use it dont even use it, why does the everyday public need to own one?
For the same reason that Swiss citizens keep an SG 550. In fact, what the Swiss citizens keep is actually a fully automatic weapon, unlike what you're describing which is not.

I am very conservative, but see no need for assault rifles for the general public.

I'm all for hunting and self defense as well, but my main argument for guns (including assault rifles) is that it's the ultimate protection from tyranny.

This country's rights were established in such a way as to maintain power in the hands of the people. How can it be "we the people" if we're defenseless and at the mercy of or gov't? Look no further than what's happened in Venezuela

Reactions: FeralFelidae
I'm all for hunting and self defense as well, but my main argument for guns (including assault rifles) is that it's the ultimate protection from tyranny.

This country's rights were established in such a way as to maintain power in the hands of the people. How can it be "we the people" if we're defenseless and at the mercy of or gov't? Look no further than what's happened in Venezuela
Yup, like going into a Starbucks while black to wait for a friend or use the bathroom, or getting pregnant at an early age and you keep the child and some institutions say "you're on your own". Funny, they're not grabbing their guns? Hmmmm.....

I'm confused
I think what he's saying is tyranny is here already especially if your of a certain skin tone and no one picks up a gun to fight for them. I remember the Star bucks incident.

BTW the argument that we need this type of weapon (shots up to 45 rounds a minute and comes with a standard 30 bullet magazine and you can purchase 150 bullet magazines) to fight the tyrannical government is laughable. Also, why would you elect scumbags who don't follow the law and who are borderline psychopaths to office? That's the only way we will have tyranny by electing douchebag wanna be dictators.

Rejoice ammosexuals, kids dying for your right to walk around with an AR-15 so you can feel like a badass.

Reactions: DAYDEV
No matter what side of this gun argument our on, we have to be better as a society to let this keep happening. Just wish someone had the answers. I have a 12 year old daughter and grandkids just starting school, and fear what the future holds for them.
Hopefully better than what’s going on over the past decade.

I think what he's saying is tyranny is here already especially if your of a certain skin tone and no one picks up a gun to fight for them. I remember the Star bucks incident.

BTW the argument that we need this type of weapon (shots up to 45 rounds a minute and comes with a standard 30 bullet magazine and you can purchase 150 bullet magazines) to fight the tyrannical government is laughable. Also, why would you elect scumbags who don't follow the law and who are borderline psychopaths to office? That's the only way we will have tyranny by electing douchebag wanna be dictators.

Rejoice ammosexuals, kids dying for your right to walk around with an AR-15 so you can feel like a badass.

Individual experiences, regardless of skin color, have absolutely nothing to do with govt tyranny. The gov't isn't actively targeting, or requesting that certain groups be targeted.

The comment makes no sense relative to my post

Last edited:
Reactions: axingfools1

Well we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't think you can stand a chance against a tyrannical gov't with semi-auto pistols and shotguns.

Point is, tyranny is impossible when the people are a well equipped militia. That's what it really means to be free and truly hold power, but it's not to say that it doesn't come at a cost.

And we elect scumbags to office every election. Are you new to this country....?

Cool. Handguns and not automatics or semi-automatics. That's why the
Well we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't think you can stand a chance against a tyrannical gov't with semi-auto pistols and shotguns.

Point is, tyranny is impossible when the people are a well equipped militia. That's what it really means to be free and truly hold power, but it's not to say that it doesn't come at a cost.

And we elect scumbags to office every election. Are you new to this country....?
I don't think we elect scumbags per se. More like the system is set up in such a way that it forces people to give up more and more of their moral code.

Regardless of your political party, major politicians get money and support from lobbyist and PACS. If you make them angry, your vote/position gets twisted and distorted and before you know it, you're out of a job and a more corrupt or crazy guy took your place. So you keep bending.

I think most politicians go into politics thinking they're going to solve the nation's problems and then they enter the system. When they see how terrible it is, they just want to survive and do the little good they can.

Prosecute the parents of those kids for manslaughter then.
I think that's actually a reasonable suggestion. If parents aren't keeping their weapons in a secure safe, and their children are able to access the weapons and steal them, I can definitely see a case for culpability on the part of the parents.

Individual experiences, regardless of skin color, have absolutely nothing to do with govt tyranny. The gov't isn't actively targeting, or requesting that certain groups be targeted.

The comment makes no sense relative to my post
Lol oh yes they are. Just ask all those people detained in El Paso. Ask all the Muslims who are no more a threat to our society as you or I am. Our government for the past 2 years have targeted several groups of people. And let's not get into religious or sexuality targets.

Lol oh yes they are. Just ask all those people detained in El Paso. Ask all the Muslims who are no more a threat to our society as you or I am. Our government for the past 2 years have targeted several groups of people. And let's not get into religious or sexuality targets.
Why do some people always look at the few that are bad.
I believe most people aren’t racist, Say what you will about profiling, but it isn’t the 65 year old Grey haired grandma blowing shit up.

I went to Cabela's the other day with my son. We were looking in the gun section and talking about different weapons. I asked the guy behind the counter if they had a .44 desert eagle? He said "No, but we just sold a gold .50 desert eagle with a zebra striped handle! A guy that didn't speak English paid cash for it and asked if we had a gold AK-47 too". When I raised my eyebrows he then proceeded to tell me, "He passed the background check".

It's all about making money, but I can't help but assume that some poor dude is going to be on the other end of that cannon one of these days.

Last edited:
Why are folks acting like these mass shootings are by illegals? 90% are committed by white American men. But we raise our eyebrows when a person of non American heritage buys a gun. Folks look at the facts. IT AMERICANS KILLING WITH THESE GUNS. This isn't fake news these are facts. Stop buying into the fake made up rhetoric this administration is pushing. If you don't believe me just pull up the photos of the shooters.

Why are folks acting like these mass shootings are by illegals? 90% are committed by white American men. But we raise our eyebrows when a person of non American heritage buys a gun. Folks look at the facts. IT AMERICANS KILLING WITH THESE GUNS. This isn't fake news these are facts. Stop buying into the fake made up rhetoric this administration is pushing. If you don't believe me just pull up the photos of the shooters.
I didn't say anything about illegals. I was thinking cartel, not an illegal performing a mass shooting. And yes I know I'm stereotyping. The guy behind the counter thought the same exact thing. Anyway, there are good and bad people in all walks of life. Fighting over 'americans' vs illegals is pointless.

It can be hard, but it's a pretty simple concept though. If you don't like or condone racism, stereotype, etc...then don't fight back with racism, stereotyping, etc.

I didn't say anything about illegals. I was thinking cartel, not an illegal performing a mass shooting. And yes I know I'm stereotyping. The guy behind the counter thought the same exact thing. Anyway, there are good and bad people in all walks of life. Fighting over 'americans' vs illegals is pointless.

It can be hard, but it's a pretty simple concept though. If you don't like or condone racism, stereotype, etc...then don't fight back with racism, stereotyping, etc.
Sir I agree 100% with your post. Every group has good and bad. Cant lump everyone in together. And I dont care what race, ethnicity or religion, i just want to keep the guns put of the hands of the wrong people. And our country right now doesn't care who you are. The NRA runs Congress.

Sir I agree 100% with your post. Every group has good and bad. Cant lump everyone in together. And I dont care what race, ethnicity or religion, i just want to keep the guns put of the hands of the wrong people. And our country right now doesn't care who you are. The NRA runs Congress.
So the NRA is running Chicago? Are they at the 7-11 passing out guns in the southside of Chicago to the gang bangers? You like to sit and blame "this administration" when most of the mass shootings (meaning schools, concerts, clubs) took place under a democratic president. I'm not ok with blaming Clinton or Obama. I'm also not ok with you blaming Trump.
You want to keep guns out of the hands of the wrong people. So what is your idea to get them out of the hands of drug dealers, gang bangers, etc? Personally, I have no clue. Stronger background checks and laws won't fix that. They have the guns and will continue getting them.
The recent shooting has a kid stealing the guns from his parents. They got the guns legally, but their idiot son took them without permission. Stronger laws getting guns going to stop that? Better background checks? Does anyone know the lengths the parents went to teach their kids to not touch their guns? Of course not.
Yes we need some sort of action, but the far left is not the answer. (Not that I know the answer) And doing "something" isn't necessary if it's the wrong thing.
Think outside of your political box

Why do you think NRA and Ronald Reagan were for gun control while Reagan was Gov. of California? Because black people(namely The Black Panthers) started open carrying loaded weapons. 2nd amendment for me not for you( typical imperial mindset or as it's known today as white privilege).

So the NRA is running Chicago? Are they at the 7-11 passing out guns in the southside of Chicago to the gang bangers? You like to sit and blame "this administration" when most of the mass shootings (meaning schools, concerts, clubs) took place under a democratic president. I'm not ok with blaming Clinton or Obama. I'm also not ok with you blaming Trump.
You want to keep guns out of the hands of the wrong people. So what is your idea to get them out of the hands of drug dealers, gang bangers, etc? Personally, I have no clue. Stronger background checks and laws won't fix that. They have the guns and will continue getting them.
The recent shooting has a kid stealing the guns from his parents. They got the guns legally, but their idiot son took them without permission. Stronger laws getting guns going to stop that? Better background checks? Does anyone know the lengths the parents went to teach their kids to not touch their guns? Of course not.
Yes we need some sort of action, but the far left is not the answer. (Not that I know the answer) And doing "something" isn't necessary if it's the wrong thing.
They just drive down to Indiana that isn't governed by the same laws as the city of Chicago or drive up to Wisconson.

Register your guns and you need to buy liability insurance for each gun you own that would really help.

http://m.tmz.com/#!article/2019/05/13/jenelle-evans-fallout-dog-killing-2-children-removed-home/

I own guns, but I’m not some “God and Guns” nut. I know you said the most recent school shooter stole the gun from their parents UTEPfan1966, and that brings up a key point when it comes to proper gun ownership that some people probably fail to understand.

If you own gun(s) you HAVE TO make sure that you lock/store them when they’re at home or not on you. Just like you’re responsible for what’s behind you’re target you should be held just as liable if someoneone has unreasonably easy access to weapons. I wonder if some of these victim’s families can sue the families of school shooters for damages. Lock the thing up and put a cable lock on your gun and have that key shomewhere where only you have access to it.

But you also look at these two idiots in the link i posted. My wife watches Teen Mom and that girl got into some shit a while back when she was involved in a road rage incident where she brandished a weapon while her kid was in the car. That dumb bitch was putting her kid’s life at risk by introducing a gun into the situation, all because someone cut her off or something like that. Now her husband shot and killed their dog after it nipped one of the kids. The guy took the dog into the woods and shot his dog, when what he really needed to do was relax and think about whether or not they should give the dog up for adoption. Let cooler heads prevail as opposed to getting an itchy trigger finger because what’s going to happen the next time you’re in a stressful situation? Those two are the poster children for anti-gun advocates because of their poor judgement when it comes to the use of firearms.

Last edited:
Puerto Rico has universal registration and licensing for guns. It takes months for the local law enforcement to issue a license. Their murder rate is till way higher than any state. And they aren't driving to Indiana.

Puerto Rico has universal registration and licensing for guns. It takes months for the local law enforcement to issue a license. Their murder rate is till way higher than any state. And they aren't driving to Indiana.
Do they make liability insurance for each weapon mandatory? And Puerto Rico isn't a state.

First of the post you copied didnt blame trump. I said the NRA is running Congress. Just go look at Mitch McConnell and his $3 Million donation he got. Just look at all the $40 + million in Donation they made. And why does EVERYONE bring up Chicago like that's the only ace in earth killing. Hell at least they are killing foes in most cases. Why not talk about all these school shootings, these concert shootings, these companies being shot up and innocent people being killed because we feel it's ok to own a AK for protection. Show me 5 instances where a home owner killed someone with his assault rifle. Show me one of your buddies who sent me a picture to you of a deer he killed with his assault rifle. Stop with all the BS about Chicago all the time and broaden your thoughts. The complaint isn't about guns or gun rights, it's about assault rifles that regular citizens shouldn't own. How the hell can a 18 year old buy a gun that has killed dozens of people in one incident but cant buy a handgun until 21? That's the argument that's most people are having.

First of the post you copied didnt blame trump. I said the NRA is running Congress. Just go look at Mitch McConnell and his $3 Million donation he got. Just look at all the $40 + million in Donation they made. And why does EVERYONE bring up Chicago like that's the only ace in earth killing. Hell at least they are killing foes in most cases. Why not talk about all these school shootings, these concert shootings, these companies being shot up and innocent people being killed because we feel it's ok to own a AK for protection. Show me 5 instances where a home owner killed someone with his assault rifle. Show me one of your buddies who sent me a picture to you of a deer he killed with his assault rifle. Stop with all the BS about Chicago all the time and broaden your thoughts. The complaint isn't about guns or gun rights, it's about assault rifles that regular citizens shouldn't own. How the hell can a 18 year old buy a gun that has killed dozens of people in one incident but cant buy a handgun until 21? That's the argument that's most people are having.

Well dude, IF you would read EVERYTHING I have posted in this discussion, you would see that I TOO agree that AR15s should never be needed for civilians, therefore I would agree they should be banned.
I bring up Chicago because quite honestly, more people are killed there regularly than in the mass shootings and they have tough gun laws.

As for blaming Trump, you are just like the rest of the talking heads blaming this administration for everything, therefore you are blaming Trump.

Folks tend to get too deep into their party's stance and it really doesn't matter what others say. While I do lean to the right, I look at issues and make up my own mind without just sticking to one side. You see son, I DO have an open mind. I can agree with you on some things, and disagree on others. You are basically saying your side is the only correct way. Period.

What we DO need are term limits so these jackasses can not become millionaires while doing squat. Getting paid by certain groups to vote a certain way is bullshit, no matter what side you are on.

Well dude, IF you would read EVERYTHING I have posted in this discussion, you would see that I TOO agree that AR15s should never be needed for civilians, therefore I would agree they should be banned.
I bring up Chicago because quite honestly, more people are killed there regularly than in the mass shootings and they have tough gun laws.

As for blaming Trump, you are just like the rest of the talking heads blaming this administration for everything, therefore you are blaming Trump.

Folks tend to get too deep into their party's stance and it really doesn't matter what others say. While I do lean to the right, I look at issues and make up my own mind without just sticking to one side. You see son, I DO have an open mind. I can agree with you on some things, and disagree on others. You are basically saying your side is the only correct way. Period.

What we DO need are term limits so these jackasses can not become millionaires while doing squat. Getting paid by certain groups to vote a certain way is bullshit, no matter what side you are on.
I could have swore I said Congress. I dont recall saying Republicans or Democrats. I said Congress is ran by the NRA. What are you talking about blaming the other party. And only listening to my own party. Hell 99% of all politicians are crooks on both sides. Who spends millions to make $200K in Congress unless you are going to get rich and do shit for self and not country. So honestly I dont trust many on each side. But you are correct i think Trump is the biggest crook and traitor to ever be in the WH.

So honestly I dont trust many on each side. But you are correct i think Trump is the biggest crook and traitor to ever be in the WH.
serjxmidbhy21.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT