115 MTSU
119 La Tech
146 SHSU
156 UTEP
181 WKU
198 NMSU
206 JSU
237 FIU

Everyone has had a pair of games. Looks rough so far.

Reactions: axingfools1
Early season rankings are worthless. UTEP was #1 in the RPI once and probably didn’t even make the NIT that year.

CUSA was 1-3 vs D1 teams yesterday and had 2 wins on Monday. FIU has already been blown out twice.

Early season rankings are worthless. UTEP was #1 in the RPI once and probably didn’t even make the NIT that year.

CUSA was 1-3 vs D1 teams yesterday and had 2 wins on Monday. FIU has already been blown out twice.
I think it’s cool to keep this page updated and see how teams drop and rise through the season. But yeah other than that there’s not much stock in them.

Rough start for some teams early on. CUSA didn't perform well in the WAC/CUSA challenge. Sam Houston lost in OT to a decent Utah Valley team and FIU got whooped against Tarleton St. M. Tennessee did beat SFA though. W. Kentucky got handled by Wichita St. La Tech already lost to Colorado St. Those kind of out of conference results against other mid major conferences aren't going to help. It's early, but Liberty, Middle Tennessee or UTEP are probably going to need to make some noise in the out of conference portion of the schedule for CUSA to even sniff the top 10 in conferences.

Rough start for some teams early on. CUSA didn't perform well in the WAC/CUSA challenge. Sam Houston lost in OT to a decent Utah Valley team and FIU got whooped against Tarleton St. M. Tennessee did beat SFA though. W. Kentucky got handled by Wichita St. La Tech already lost to Colorado St. Those kind of out of conference results against other mid major conferences aren't going to help. It's early, but Liberty, Middle Tennessee or UTEP are probably going to need to make some noise in the out of conference portion of the schedule for CUSA to even sniff the top 10 in conferences.
Most of those games were closer than scores indicate. Utah Valley lost their big man to Cincy (denied eligibility this year pissing off Cincy staff) and new coach and SHSU lost their best weapon, Hooten. La Tech and CSU was a hard fight. Tarleton controlled FIU from the get go until the end.

Watched a bit of the Liberty vs Charlotte and Liberty has picked up where they left off last year. Reminds me of a variation of Coach Cal basketball. They attack the basket very aggressively.

I am not as debbie downer on Golding basketball this year because Golding underperformed last year in what turned out to be a solid conference USA year and Dimel has caused so much damage, UTEP fans are tired. I think this team has the potential for second or third spot.

Looks better than the old CUSA. No teams in the 300's.
It's too early to make any difference. There's teams in the top 20 rn, that will be in the 200s by year end. This starts getting interesting right before conference plat begins.

UTEP is only three games into the season. Most teams are about the same. Once the Miners, and the rest of CUSA as well, get 10 games under their belt, we'll see the trends developing. Let's see what the conference looks like then. It'll be interesting. Go Miners.

Bet Liberty ML against Furman tonight so watching the flames.

Furman is a good team and took it to em in the first 15 minutes, but Liberty’s length, depth and ability to punish you at the rim is impressive and a bad match up problem for UTEP.

They missed 5-6 layups early on and went into the half up 5 and shoulda been in control. They are big and have a great offensive scheme I see major match up problems if UTEP’s shots aren’t falling in a neutral setting and I think from what I see are clearly the best team in CUSA but we’re not even two weeks into the season def one of the bigger and more skilled mid majors I’ve watched so far.

Also **** Rodney terry for blowing that -18 over Rice I had in the last 40 seconds last night. 😡

Reactions: Lil_Train
43 Liberty
113 LT
129 MTSU
134 UTEP
147 WKU
154 SHSU
210 NMSU
216 FIU
221 JSU

We get a team into the top 50. We really need LT, MTSU and UTEP to get into the top 100. Also for NMSU, FIU, and JSU to get into the top 200. Not bad that 6 of the 9 teams are in the top 150ish. Lots of potential for the conference to move up the computer rankings.

Helter Skelter CUSA teams will be MTSU and LT. NMSU may miss top 200 but will ruin someone’s top seed conference tourney hopes.

Reactions: NeptunianEmp
Helter Skelter CUSA teams will be MTSU and LT. NMSU may miss top 200 but will ruin someone’s top seed conference tourney hopes.
MTSU lost all conference guard Cam Weston for the year with a ACL injury, so that is a big loss.
LT was able to get a waiver approved for center Daniel Batcho who will be a factor; NMSU also got the waiver for Odukale. Hooten did a good job putting together a roster so late.

Reactions: JCorona
43 Liberty
113 LT
129 MTSU
134 UTEP
147 WKU
154 SHSU
210 NMSU
216 FIU
221 JSU

We get a team into the top 50. We really need LT, MTSU and UTEP to get into the top 100. Also for NMSU, FIU, and JSU to get into the top 200. Not bad that 6 of the 9 teams are in the top 150ish. Lots of potential for the conference to move up the computer rankings.
You talk up UTEP and the Conference on this post, but talk shit about people believing Utep should beat Cal on the other LMAO. You're a piece of work. Maybe there's 2 Corona's and you have an evil twin or just don't take your Bi Polar medication sometimes lol

• Haha
Reactions: T-6 Miner
You talk up UTEP and the Conference on this post, but talk shit about people believing Utep should beat Cal on the other LMAO. You're a piece of work. Maybe there's 2 Corona's and you have an evil twin or just don't take your Bi Polar medication sometimes lol
UTEP should beat cal. End of story. I only talk shit to you cuz you’re a troll bro. You get mad whenever someone rightfully predicts UTEP will get blasted in the predictions thread. Then never comes back to own up to it. So yeah. I’ll call you out. And don’t even get me started when you start trying to flaunt how rich you are cuz you live in dallas 😂 I’ve heard stories. Be balanced.

• Haha
Reactions: EPUTEP and nattybry
UTEP should beat cal. End of story. I only talk shit to you cuz you’re a troll bro. You get mad whenever someone rightfully predicts UTEP will get blasted in the predictions thread. Then never comes back to own up to it. So yeah. I’ll call you out. And don’t even get me started when you start trying to flaunt how rich you are cuz you live in dallas 😂 I’ve heard stories. Be balanced.
Lol, me a troll that's the troll of all trolls lol I'll call your Fake A$$ out all day and I own up when I'm wrong, you need to look in the mirror. Not once said I'm rich 🤑 I said I can pay my bets! You're full of it man, like I said you're trash and I hope to meet you soon. Let me know the next time you're at a Utep event or anywhere here local and I'll confront you face to face and call u out on your BS. Your Trash Bro and a Trash UTEP fan and not once have you contributed anything inciteful. You talk crap about Utep out one side of your pie hole and positive out the other then criticize those who have an ounce of faith and hope that UTEP Sports will have success, Strait Trash! We don't like each other and that's fine, but after this unless I respond to you directly don't even mention me! Hope to see you though real soon, would be Awesome to hear that same energy you have rn when we're face to face lol, Trash 🗑️

Last edited:
I stopped reading after “I can pay my bets” 😂 😂 😂 not what I heard, pay what you owe fake fool. You sound stupider by the post.

• Haha
I stopped reading after “I can pay my bets” 😂 😂 😂 not what I heard, pay what you owe fake fool. You sound stupider by the post.
I don't owe any bets ****tard! Again, keep that same energy when I see you brotha, and I'll make sure I'm at all UTEP events in DFW and I'll let you know I'm there. And we'll have a nice man to man conversation, no threat, just a nice conversation 👍

I don't owe any bets ****tard! Again, keep that same energy when I see you brotha, and I'll make sure I'm at all UTEP events in DFW and I'll let you know I'm there. And we'll have a nice man to man conversation, no threat, just a nice conversation 👍
It’s not a bet. It’s money you needed to survive. Seems that now that you’re rich you forgot about those who helped you. 😂 💀

It’s not a bet. It’s money you needed to survive. Seems that now that you’re rich you forgot about those who helped you. 😂 💀
If you need some money Corona lmk I'm all for giving back. If I forgot where I came from or started my bad and I appreciate anyone who helped me when I struggled and apologize if I wronged anyone 🙏 God Bless and have a good Day Sir, moving on...

Reactions: JCorona
Lol, me a troll that's the troll of all trolls lol I'll call your Fake A$$ out all day and I own up when I'm wrong, you need to look in the mirror. Not once said I'm rich 🤑 I said I can pay my bets! You're full of it man, like I said you're trash and I hope to meet you soon. Let me know the next time you're at a Utep event or anywhere here local and I'll confront you face to face and call u out on your BS. Your Trash Bro and a Trash UTEP fan and not once have you contributed anything inciteful. You talk crap about Utep out one side of your pie hole and positive out the other then criticize those who have an ounce of faith and hope that UTEP Sports will have success, Strait Trash! We don't like each other and that's fine, but after this unless I respond to you directly don't even mention me! Hope to see you though real soon, would be Awesome to hear that same energy you have rn when we're face to face lol, Trash 🗑️

Pardon the interruption...

I think you may have been looking for the word "insightful." Corona has said plenty of "inciteful" things on 'digs.

I will now C my way out of your A - B conversation. Good day, fellas.

If you need some money Corona lmk I'm all for giving back. If I forgot where I came from or started my bad and I appreciate anyone who helped me when I struggled and apologize if I wronged anyone 🙏 God Bless and have a good Day Sir, moving on...
Sounds good dude. My peace is spoken. Have a good one.

Reactions: nattybry
Pardon the interruption...

I think you may have been looking for the word "insightful." Corona has said plenty of "inciteful" things on 'digs.

I will now C my way out of your A - B conversation. Good day, fellas.
I think inciteful is applicable with him lol, cause he's been the instigator on any arguments between us on here, not me. Yes though I meant insightful my bad lol. I literally just respond when he attacks me with negativity and stuff that has nothing to do with Utep and gets personal. I prefer to stay on UTEP topics and enjoy a safe space to talk Miner Sports 🤫🙂

I think inciteful is applicable with him lol, cause he's been the instigator on any arguments between us on here, not me. Yes though I meant insightful my bad lol. I literally just respond when he attacks me with negativity and stuff that has nothing to do with Utep and gets personal. I prefer to stay on UTEP topics and enjoy a safe space to talk Miner Sports 🤫🙂
Nattybry, use the IGNORE function! It works wonders!

• Haha
I urge everyone to use the safety functions available to you. The internet is a very risky place with all the diverse opinions in it.

Buckle your seatbelt, baby. 'digs is a rough, tough, hole-in-the-wall message board. Maybe Jeff Healey will stop by sometime and play some rocked up blues for us all. Roadhouse style.

"Make plenty, my mortgage in DFW is lot more than many homes in EP."

• Haha
Reactions: nattybry
Updated College Basketball Net Rankings:

Bradley #78 Utep #182 (Long way to go, but we have opportunities to move up) I believe this is what NCAA uses for their selection and what's considered a top 100 or top 50 win etc...
Interestingly Bradley has beaten 2 teams in the Net Rankings top 50 -UAB and Utah St, so I don't really get how they're not higher, I'll admit. However UTEP will have a couple opportunities at top 100 wins in the non conference this being the 1st, hopefully we can take advantage. Liberty is currently #44 in net rankings and #2 in RPI, which doesn't really matter anymore. They play FAU and Alabama still, so there's potential for Liberty to gain some quality wins. I bring this up, because like FAU last year if they get quality wins and run away with the CUSA and don't win the Championship. Then that would be the only way it would allow for a 2nd team like UTEP or someone to get in the NCAA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT