ADVERTISEMENT

Dimel applied for Tennessee HC job

You've never applied for a job you knew you had no shot at getting? It says he was a long shot. I bet many applied for the UTEP gig that had no shot.

Dude you sound more and more like the other troll. Geez

Reactions: JCorona
You've never applied for a job you knew you had no shot at getting? It says he was a long shot. I bet many applied for the UTEP gig that had no shot.

Dude you sound more and more like the other troll. Geez

Actually I haven't. Why would I waste 30 minutes to a hour applying for a job I had no shot at?

Just reporting the story and a quote I remember him saying.

Ok so he applied for the job while an assistant at KState. What’s the harm? It’s not like UTSA and UNT HC’s applying for the job. You should go over to their boards and troll them with this information.

Actually I haven't. Why would I waste 30 minutes to a hour applying for a job I had no shot at?

Just taking another jab at UTEP and their fan base.....JS...

If YOU don't aspire to be in a better position, then I feel bad for you. And for the record, when Dimel turns this puppy around and leaves for a better gig, I will be cool with that as well.

Just taking another jab at UTEP and their fan base.....JS...

If YOU don't aspire to be in a better position, then I feel bad for you. And for the record, when Dimel turns this puppy around and leaves for a better gig, I will be cool with that as well.

A cheap jab? You guys are the biggest funkin pussies on the planet. Who said I don't aspire to be in a better position? I'm just not applying to be the CEO of Facebook.

I will start applying for CEO jobs of Top 500 companies now. That shows I am aspiring to be better. Great advice.

bahahahaaaa.....and you FINALLY admit you aren't a UTEP fan.

Doesn't the language mean banning? Personally, IDC....

A cheap jab? You guys are the biggest funkin pussies on the planet. Who said I don't aspire to be in a better position? I'm just not applying to be the CEO of Facebook.

I will start applying for CEO jobs of Top 500 companies now. That shows I am aspiring to be better. Great advice.
just in case you delete....LOL

Ok shovelshut go dig out what other jobs Senter and Terry applied for before being hired at UTEP.

And since Senter claims this is his "dream job", any job he applies to after this, would mean he is full of crap.

Hey Mr Moderator. Is this what you like on the board? Is this pointless dribble a positive addition to the conversation?

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Hey Mr Moderator. Is this what you like on the board? Is this pointless dribble a positive addition to the conversation?

Initially I started using the ignore function to keep track of all the screen names bob uses but it’s definitely time to update the list.

8520_F175-_F25_A-4_FB4-_B988-_A2_A793_EA05_C0.png

Sometimes a coach will apply for a gig knowing full well he has no shot at it, because it creates a sense of urgency elsewhere. When other schools find out one of the candidates they really like might slip through their hands, it tends to light a fire under the AD to make a move.

Honestly this is a non story. Dimel was an assistant coach. He wanted to be a head coach again. He knew that any job he applied to would have multiple applicants, meaning that his chance at being hired would be low for each individual position. He would therefore be a fool not to apply to multiple positions, increasing his probability of getting hired. I'm sure that there were other jobs besides UTEP and Tennessee that he applied to as well.

Does this mean that he really wasn't eyeing the UTEP job? Not at all. He was obviously very prepared during his interview, convincing Senter to select him over "sexier" candidates. Still, I would suspect that he was smart enough not to put all of his eggs in UTEP's basket, including taking an apparent hail Mary at landing the Tennessee job.

Last edited:
Don’t blame him, I thought about applying too. Decided to wait for the Cowboy job to open. Probably oct 1’st.

Can’t blame him either. You never know what could happen. Barbee was a long shot for the utep job when he applied and got the job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT