ADVERTISEMENT

Dimel should be fired right now.

You shouldn't expect much from Nathan. He was a wannabe comic that nobody has heard of.

Wow. Not cool to dox someone, man. I don't usually give a shit who someone is on here. We all go by whatever handle we want. But because of you, I now know who nattybry is.

Maybe he cares, maybe he doesn't. Either way, you crossed the line. You should be banned from the board for doxing another poster.

Given the dire straights this football program is in, no coach in their right mind would take this job on a two year deal. This is the bonfire of all bonfires, and it’s going to take a lot more than a coach/cheek to fix this mess. Hopefully Dimel keeps recruiting better players than the previous regime and the next coach isn’t burdened with such a talent deficit.

Given the dire straights this football program is in, no coach in their right mind would take this job on a two year deal. This is the bonfire of all bonfires, and it’s going to take a lot more than a coach/cheek to fix this mess. Hopefully Dimel keeps recruiting better players than the previous regime and the next coach isn’t burdened with such a talent deficit.

I think somebody would have.

Wow. Not cool to dox someone, man. I don't usually give a shit who someone is on here. We all go by whatever handle we want. But because of you, I now know who nattybry is.

Maybe he cares, maybe he doesn't. Either way, you crossed the line. You should be banned from the board for doxing another poster.

Huh? He already stated who is was on here. I didn't post private information about him. LOL

Alot is made of lack of talent that Kugler brought in. However, tommorow three former Miners will play prominent roles with their teams Hernandez, Jones and Needham. Kugler recruited all three. Too much has been made of the lack of talent. Our talent level is not much worse than any other CUSA school. The qb mess is completely Dimel's to own Locksley and Jones are his recruits.

Alot is made of lack of talent that Kugler brought in. However, tommorow three former Miners will play prominent roles with their teams Hernandez, Jones and Needham. Kugler recruited all three. Too much has been made of the lack of talent. Our talent level is not much worse than any other CUSA school. The qb mess is completely Dimel's to own Locksley and Jones are his recruits.

Kugler hit big on those guys, but you have to admit that he also sh*t the bed at A LOT of other spots. D-Line has a bunch of upper class men who get less than 0 push. The new staff has also had to rebuild the WR and QB position. Kicker and Punter weren’t important in his eyes either.
We can have this discussion all day, for the zillionth time on this board but the fact of the matter is if the coach gets fired today or next year I hope he leaves the program with some useable players.

Kugler hit big on those guys, but you have to admit that he also sh*t the bed at A LOT of other spots. D-Line has a bunch of upper class men who get less than 0 push. The new staff has also had to rebuild the WR and QB position. Kicker and Punter weren’t important in his eyes either.
We can have this discussion all day, for the zillionth time on this board but the fact of the matter is if the coach gets fired today or next year I hope he leaves the program with some useable players.

He absolutely missed on alot of local kids. The last two years he took flyers on local kids who were d2 or d3 quality. Kugler's failure was he got lazy and way over recruited El Paso kids. 80% of the local kids shouldnt have been offered scholarships. The maddening thing is that Dimel picked up right where Kugler left off and has offered way to many El Paso kids.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
From your post I found him in all of about 1 minute. You should be banned. Doxing is NOT cool.

He already stated who he was previously. How do you think I knew who he is? Do you think I have a magic wand or something? I didn't expose anybody.

On Kugler recruiting........Ask yourself, "How many Seniors, Juniors and redshirt sophomores are going to the NFL?".

haha — what, $100?

As rough has it's been the last few seasons the bandwagon is completely empty. It's only hardcore fans who are left.. I would think the average donation level is probably $1000 or so, with some some giving alot more.

Last edited:
I don’t care about what NMSU fans think of their school, you would have to go to their boards and ask them. They along with a lot of others would have more a of claim to that title than UTEP though. Hope that answers your question.
I don't have to go to their boards, I can read what they think right here. NoNCAAwinsSince1993

Reactions: unihorn
As rough has it's been the few seasons the bandwagon is completely empty. It's only hardcore. I would think the average donation level is probably $1000 or so, with some some giving alot more.

I’m no BMD, but I give 4 figures. People who give nothing have no right to tell those who do how to spend their $.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
I’m no BMD, but I give 4 figures. People who give nothing have no right to tell those who do how to spend their $.

4 figures isn’t chump change. A lot of people on this board claimed they were cancelling season tickets/stopping donations due to the failures of BB and FB. I wonder how many went through with their promise.

Things have changed in the last 20 years. Look at where we are now because of bad football and where we will be in the next round of realignment if we continue to have a bad football program.

Having a good basketball team so quick is a nice achievement by a Senter hire. But that’s easy to do. Stull hit on four straight basketball coaches before the Floyd hire. I don’t think anyone saw the Floyd hire turning out the way it did.

Imo for Senter to have separated himself from Stull is by having made a good football hire. It was an awful choice that will cost the university millions to fix or we can continue with 1-11 seasons for the next three years. Can you trust him to hire a better coach with a limited budget this time around?

Terry is a great a hire and he will draw a lot of national attention with this turnaround. It will be difficult to keep him around. With a new president, let’s see her approach to hiring an Athletic Director and have a fresh start.

In this day and age even with a great basketball team it will never be like whatever time you remember. All those teams from that era have moved on. We are now in a conference with a bunch of universities that don’t care about basketball. And it will get worse in CUSA 4.0. All of this has happened in the last 20 years. Catch up man.
I have just been so used to the Apathy that is UTEP Football, that I'm num to it by now. I don't get upset like I used to. I agree until and unless the new president and Senter show they want to turn things around it won't happen. My point is that Senter I guess technically could be fired, since we have a new president. However I don't see it happening. He is still relatively new and I'm sure he'd get at least get 4 years minimum. With that said, I expect for Dimel to be asked to make serious staff changes. This year should've provided 4 wins at least with the crappy schedule. UTEP doesn't have the 2 million to buy him out, which I admit was a stupid contract to put in place for what was a washed up former HC. If by chance Dimel is let go this year, then I'll say that's a good sign for the new President and Senter to not stand for what we saw this year.

For a coach with Dimel's record a 50% buyout is standard in any contract. To give Dimel a fully guaranteed contract is negligent.
Most successful P5 coordinators take a pay cut to become a head coach at a g5 and prove themselves. Senter gave Dimel a 50% raise from what he was making at Kansas St. It was an awful choice and an even worse contract.

I have just been so used to the Apathy that is UTEP Football, that I'm num to it by now. I don't get upset like I used to. I agree until and unless the new president and Senter show they want to turn things around it won't happen. My point is that Senter I guess technically could be fired, since we have a new president. However I don't see it happening. He is still relatively new and I'm sure he'd get at least get 4 years minimum. With that said, I expect for Dimel to be asked to make serious staff changes. This year should've provided 4 wins at least with the crappy schedule. UTEP doesn't have the 2 million to buy him out, which I admit was a stupid contract to put in place for what was a washed up former HC. If by chance Dimel is let go this year, then I'll say that's a good sign for the new President and Senter to not stand for what we saw this year.
Very reasonable!

2 wins in 2 years: its hard to point at progress being made with this team. Next year should be a make or break year because Senter and the president should not accept another season like the last two.

Like someone said before, when you fire a coach you better be right. Because with a December signing date now, redshirt rules, current players transferring, you're pushing the reset button down the road another 2 years.

Reactions: minerfan_14
Like someone said before, when you fire a coach you better be right. Because with a December signing date now, redshirt rules, current players transferring, you're pushing the reset button down the road another 2 years.

Yeah, I mean where will we find a coach capable of narrowly beating Rice and Houston Baptist, not in the same year of course. Better to hold on to Dismel then......

Reactions: Autograph Boy
And anybody that redshirted this year would be able to transfer and be eligible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT