ADVERTISEMENT

Early Sun Bowl projections

unihorn

MI Miner Maniac
Dec 1, 2007
ACC/Notre Dame vs. Pac-12

USA Today: Louisville vs. Arizona

Sports Illustrated: Louisville vs. Arizona

According to Bernie Olivas, who was on Kappy’s show this week, it sounds like Arizona will be tough to get, due to what the Bowls above us order are telling him(the Holliday Bowl apparently wants them if they keep winning). It sounds like Olivas really wants Florida State, if they can become eligible, or Louisville. It sounds like Wake Forest is another option from the ACC, but the Charlotte Bowl has indicated that they will take them due to the close proximity. On the Pac 12 side, again Olivas sounds like he wants Arizona because they will bring a lot of people, but it looks more like Washington State, Oregon, or maybe Stanford again.

Reactions: unihorn
I think even Every Bowl even picks before us. Much like our A.D. only UTEP gets the scraps...

But the Sun Bowl is the only bowl game on CBS.

2nd longest event on there besides the Masters.

The visiting players love getting boots at Tony Lama.

Being on CBS is better than being on ESPN though right? Newer bowls like the Alamo Bowl surpassed the Sun Bowl because El Paso is like "that's cool, leave it the way it is. Don't add 5 more cents to my taxes to pay the teams more."

The second EP stops supporting this game, the Sun Bowl will fall to being a slightly better New Mexico Bowl.

The Charlotte Bowl picks before us?

Apparently the 4 bowls tied to the ACC’s #3-#6 picks don’t necessarily have an order. Those four bowls meet and agree on who they each want. Bernie seemed to display some cautious confidence that they will be able to select Florida State if they get eligible.

On the Pac12 side, we are now down to the 5th place selection. This is sad, for the longest time we were 3rd, now we are behind the San Francisco Bowl which barely started in 2002.

Here is the link to the selection process on the Sun Bowl website:

http://www.sunbowl.org/the_sun_bowl_game/team_selection_process

But the Sun Bowl is the only bowl game on CBS.

2nd longest event on there besides the Masters.

The visiting players love getting boots at Tony Lama.

Being on CBS is better than being on ESPN though right? Newer bowls like the Alamo Bowl surpassed the Sun Bowl because El Paso is like "that's cool, leave it the way it is. Don't add 5 more cents to my taxes to pay the teams more."

The second EP stops supporting this game, the Sun Bowl will fall to being a slightly better New Mexico Bowl.

We do support it, and it’s way better than the New Mexico Bowl. It’s also great PR for El Paso.

On the Pac12 side, we are now down to the 5th place selection. This is sad, for the longest time we were 3rd, now we are behind the San Francisco Bowl which barely started in 2002.

At least the Pac 12 has added a couple of schools, so picking 3rd back then would be like picking 4th today. Sad that we fell to 5th, but we still get some pretty good teams from the Pac.

I'm not sure what some of you are complaining about. The Sun Bowl is a great bowl- it always has been and always will be.

Arizona would likely travel well but the west coast teams usually do not. They complain about having to go to El Paso, blah, blah, blah. I would rather the SB tied itself to the Big12 since fans of Iowa St, Ok St, Kansas St and Texas Tech travel well and most would be glad to leave their winters behind for a few days.

Sun Bowl: Arizona State
Comment: At 5-4, the Sun Devils aren’t an option for the Sun with 7-2 Stanford available, except conference rules are meant to be broken. To avoid a Stanford repeat in El Paso, the Pac-12 arranges a swap that sends ASU to the Sun. It’s not ideal, but the Devils, who have fired Todd Graham after a 6-6 season and Territorial Cup defeat, agree in the best interest of the greater good.
http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/11/...-the-alamo-and-then-ready-for-some-chaos/amp/

obviously!! why else would i go?

220px-2009-0319-NCAAs-007-TimFloyd.jpg

You could use this photo on your sweatshirt.

Why does every post have to have a reference to Floyd, how annoying. It derails the post. True signs of a troll!

What does CTF have to do with the thread? I hate the trolls derailing posts the way they do. Who is the moderator here?

What does CTF have to do with the thread? I hate the trolls derailing posts the way they do. Who is the moderator here?

It was a joke! Some people really need to laugh every once in awhile.

Why do you keep responding with the same comments?

Reactions: Rocketsr
Bret McMurphy, formerly of ESPN says Louisville vs. AZ STATE in Sun Bowl.
UT State vs. NMSU in the Arizona Bowl

Bernie wants Florida State but he said the Gator Bowl also wants them. And according to the agreement with the ACC geography is a criteria for team selection. So he says we would lose that battle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT