ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting

This site is years old and with hundreds of comments on recruits mostly no on has seen nor met and now you decide to stop playing pocket pool and comment?
I read the thread.

You said it was a good flip, someone asked you why, you responded with this:

“Army doesn’t get big hogs because they can’t compete with bigger schools for them but smaller agile foot lineman for their offense.”

Where is the answer to why? You said Army couldn’t compete with bigger schools. What a revelation there! Then you talk about the agile feet their lineman have for their offense. Is UTEP going to run the same offense as Army? Did Walden hire someone from Army’s offense? If the answer to those questions are no or you don’t know, then you just responded with gibberish.

That’s what this program has been lacking. We need a shot of positive energy and outside the box thinking to bring back excitement to Miner football. Thanks Coach Walden for doing things different and not listening to the naysayers who say you can’t recruit quality players at UTEP. I understand he hasn’t coached a game at UTEP yet, but these are some of the small things you do to build a winning program.

That’s what this program has been lacking. We need a shot of positive energy and outside the box thinking to bring back excitement to Miner football. Thanks Coach Walden for doing things different and not listening to the naysayers who say you can’t recruit quality players at UTEP. I understand he hasn’t coached a game at UTEP yet, but these are some of the small things you do to build a winning program.
I think his first two months have been impressive. Results will need to happen, but I think the program is heading on the right track. Building pipelines into the major Texas cities will be vital for UTEP and great for the brand. If there's a mass exodus due to the portal, Walden can atleast fill gaps.

We haven’t played game 1 so it’s way too early to speculate but I hope Senter is at least looking at this staff with a close eye. Whoever, along with Walden has a hand in this recruiting approach I hope UTEP can look to retain their services if Walden moves on. Or whoever the top assistant is. A good solid succession plan needs to be in place in the event Walden gets scooped up. But we also need to look at outside coaches in the event of a coaching change at any a moment for any reason.

Utep is ranked 4th in CUSA. Utep is usually last.

And what’s more impressive is the fact that this was done in a matter of weeks. UTEP is not that far out from taking the top spot.

We haven’t played game 1 so it’s way too early to speculate but I hope Senter is at least looking at this staff with a close eye. Whoever, along with Walden has a hand in this recruiting approach I hope UTEP can look to retain their services if Walden moves on. Or whoever the top assistant is. A good solid succession plan needs to be in place in the event Walden gets scooped up. But we also need to look at outside coaches in the event of a coaching change at any a moment for any reason.
JJ Clark would be one to keep an eye on.

I just hope we can hold onto Walden for atleast 2025 as well. He's proving he can capably fill gaps left by the portal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT